NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Sharks by 18.Just watched Ezra Poyas towell up Morningside.Would have had 40 plus possessions.

Chikka, yes , he is one quality player...Morningside played well and will be very competitive, as will be all other sides. Extremely even comp..... see Redlands belted Aspley today. Tipsters nightmare.

Chikka, yes , he is one quality player...Morningside played well and will be very competitive, as will be all other sides. Extremely even comp..... see Redlands belted Aspley today. Tipsters nightmare.
Panthers played very well after qtr time but you cannot give quality teams 7 goals start at qtr time.

clouston and co towelled up the hornets. hornets were ordinary at best and gee that ives kid, if he doesn't get drafted it will be a shock. he never gives up

Agree,

Its a shame that some of their higher priced recruits did not fire they all played like rusty old guns, the Hornets were given a footy lesson and physically belted up all at the same time, they did not want the footy and waited for someone else to do the hard work - Russ Evans and Co have a lot of work to do to find the balance needed, it could be a long year down at the bottom end of the spectrum after such a promising start.

Albert is fine, nothing wrong with him. Rumors are false, still a Vulture and gonna carve.

Cheers Chikka...sounds like a fair recruit for Broadbeach
A very handy recruit.Watched from the outer wing and he dominated 4 taggers. Thought it was de ja vu from last year after my beloved cats jumped Panthers only for that lead to diminish.How ever Poyas and Fife plus others steadyed for a much deserved win.
Surprised Travis Johnstone still playing seniors,fitness not up to scratch by all reports.Would love to see all 4 coast clubs in finals.

A very handy recruit.Watched from the outer wing and he dominated 4 taggers. Thought it was de ja vu from last year after my beloved cats jumped Panthers only for that lead to diminish.How ever Poyas and Fife plus others steadyed for a much deserved win.
Surprised Travis Johnstone still playing seniors,fitness not up to scratch by all reports.Would love to see all 4 coast clubs in finals.

You correct about johnstone, from what I hear he is creating some healthy discussions around the selection table. Should tear up his contract. I don't think Redlands would have been to saddened by him leaving. And please Aspley people don't tell me is good for the kids. I have seen him twice this year and is not a leader and does not set examples. Looks like Southport have been awoken.

You correct about johnstone, from what I hear he is creating some healthy discussions around the selection table. Should tear up his contract. I don't think Redlands would have been to saddened by him leaving. And please Aspley people don't tell me is good for the kids. I have seen him twice this year and is not a leader and does not set examples. Looks like Southport have been awoken.

Last season we saw an extremely even comp,(apart from The Thunder). This season will be even more competitive and I dont think The Thunder will be as dominant.to predict who will make the finals in 2012 at this stage and get it right is almost impossible. As supporters, this is great for us. Lets appreciate the even standard of the comp...... not many comps around the country have this .

Gee whiz, and this was never going to happen...:rolleyes: Nothing wrong with spending money on recruits but its when recruiting is so obviously dumb that it is really sad.

Gee whiz, and this was never going to happen...:rolleyes: Nothing wrong with spending money on recruits but its when recruiting is so obviously dumb that it is really sad.

Agree Smy. Can understand why Redlands recruited him as a player because of his afl experience but even that was a gamble because of his chronic injury issues that stopped him from getting on the playing field with the lions. And these injury problems saw him play stuff all games for Redland. Why Aspley recruited him surprises me. Except for...... He must have potential off the field as a coaching staff member.which well may be the case.

Agree Smy. Can understand why Redlands recruited him as a player because of his afl experience but even that was a gamble because of his chronic injury issues that stopped him from getting on the playing field with the lions. And these injury problems saw him play stuff all games for Redland. Why Aspley recruited him surprises me. Except for...... He must have potential off the field as a coaching staff member.which well may be the case.

Maybe Francis and Johnstone came as a package?Francis coaching record not worthy with all the talent he had at Redlands for poor results.

Thunder very young this year, proven v the more experienced Southport bodies.

Aspley yet to step up and prove they are a contender.

Suns/Lions always great this time of year but doubtful to get past first couple of weeks in finals.

Who would be premiership favourite right now? Anyone taking bets on both NEAFL matches and Premiers market?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thunder very young this year, proven v the more experienced Southport bodies.

Aspley yet to step up and prove they are a contender.

Suns/Lions always great this time of year but doubtful to get past first couple of weeks in finals.

Who would be premiership favourite right now? Anyone taking bets on both NEAFL matches and Premiers market?

well on current form labrador would have to be but i don't think anyone believes they can continue this run of success as the season gets on.
My pick would come from one of either Southport, Aspley and NT.

Good review of the games played on the weekend by Peter Blucher on the website. Some clubs copped some injuries to major players, especially Aspley and Mount Gravatt.

Good review of the games played on the weekend by Peter Blucher on the website. Some clubs copped some injuries to major players, especially Aspley and Mount Gravatt.

The reviews by Blucher were good compared to the eastern conference. The guy down there just used the qtr by qtr scores to do his review. No research. Does anyone know if proud played ressies? Or is he injured,

I notice a photo on the NEAFL website of Rocco in a Sydney Hills Eagles jersey, both Bradley and Rocco playing together - I wonder how they will settle into the cold weather at Canberra each Saturday. A far cry from Bathurst Island

Interesting moves for both !

Round 3 Tips

Pointer
Lifes a Beach
2010premier
Billybunter
footyfanatic1
stuyd1
staminade
bballscout
chikka ferguson
maurie
thunderdoc
Speedyunit
Luckyme12
kid a
Big E
elong

Speedyunit, Big E & Elong 1 for missing.

I notice a photo on the NEAFL website of Rocco in a Sydney Hills Eagles jersey, both Bradley and Rocco playing together - I wonder how they will settle into the cold weather at Canberra each Saturday. A far cry from Bathurst Island

Interesting moves for both !

The boys must have been offered god dollars to head down there. May take a few weeks to adapt though with neither being named best on weekend. I hope the Giants have a good look at Tungatalum. Capable of AFL and could bring in new fans to the club.

Round 3 Tips

Pointer
Lifes a Beach
2010premier
Billybunter
footyfanatic1
stuyd1
staminade
bballscout
chikka ferguson
maurie
thunderdoc
Speedyunit
Luckyme12
kid a
Big E
elong

Speedyunit, Big E & Elong 1 for missing.

at the expense of sounding picky/annoying, i'm pretty sure i put my round 1 tips up, but they havent been added to my total. sorry, might be wrong but i'm 90% sure i've tipped every game thus far.
dont know why i care so much really, but hey a comps a comp i guess.

at the expense of sounding picky/annoying, i'm pretty sure i put my round 1 tips up, but they havent been added to my total. sorry, might be wrong but i'm 90% sure i've tipped every game thus far.
dont know why i care so much really, but hey a comps a comp i guess.

I have you 3/4 on the 22/March, 1/5 28/march, 2/6 6/April so a discrepancy of 1 your total should be 6.Apologise for the error.

Round 4
Gold Coast Suns v Morningside
14-Apr
3.30pm
Metricon Stadium
NT Thunder v Brisbane Lions
14-Apr
3.20pm
Traeger Park - Alice
Aspley v Labrador
14-Apr
1.30pm