Round 3 v Western Bulldogs, Saturday Night @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

if polo comes in for one of the youngsters il be pissed off. he is useless. just play the youth we have seen glimpses of promising players from milera, ledger, simpkin, cripps, stanley, siposs and most of all steven and the big mac and im sure if we keep playing newnes we will too.
My point is keep palying them as they will only get better. Don't bring in a bad kick, a useless player for the future of the club and a Richmond de listed player for a promising youngster.
If it was up to me I wouldn't play ray or peake again unless an injury and wouldn't play polo ever! I would also nearly drop C.Jones. he isnt as good of a tagger these days and he has a rubbish disposal of the footy. just play ledger in the midfield full time and drop jones for ross, saad, siposs or maybe curren could get a game if he continues good form for sandi.
All I am saying the more youth now the sooner the good future will come. Also it wont be that big of a drop on game day if were only dropping bad players like ray, peake, jones, polo
My thoughts exactly.

Am I missing something here? I can't find the teams anywhere.

St Kilda
B: Jarryn Geary, Sam Gilbert, Jason Blake
HB: Tom Simpkin, Sam Fisher, Sean Dempster
C: Jack Newnes, Lenny Hayes, Brendon Goddard
HF: Jack Steven, Nick Riewoldt, Jamie Cripps
F: Stephen Milne, Rhys Stanley, Leigh Montagna
Foll: Ben McEvoy, Clinton Jones, Nick Dal Santo
I/C: Justin Koschitzke, David Armitage, Tom Ledger, Terry Milera
Emg: Farren Ray, Dean Polo, Beau Wilkes
Milestones: Clinton Jones - 100 games

UNCHANGED

Western Bulldogs
B: Easton Wood, Brian Lake, Ryan Hargrave
HB: Robert Murphy, Lukas Markovic, Dylan Addison
C: Daniel Cross, Ryan Griffen, Liam Picken
HF: Daniel Giansiracusa, Liam Jones, Jarrad Grant
F: Shaun Higgins, Jordan Roughead, Luke Dahlhaus
Foll: William Minson, Matthew Boyd, Adam Cooney
I/C: Ayce Cordy, Nathan Djerrkura, Thomas Liberatore, Clay Smith
Emg: Patrick Veszpremi, Justin Sherman, Tory Dickson

In: Ayce Cordy
Out: Tory Dickson

4 points to take out of the teams.
-We are the only team unchanged :)
-Interesting how Newnes is named on the wing.
-Our back line looks pretty tall 5/6 over 189cm.
-Kosi on the Bench, we could see a late swap! (kozi out, wilkes in)

I'm happy with no change. Interesting this week Milera is named on the I/C rather than on the field. Also Cripps named at HF rather than HB.

Who do you think will sub this week? Kozi won't be sub, maybe Ledger again? I'd rather see Milera get a full game again than be sub, and I don't think Armo would be a fantastic sub.

St Kilda
B: Jarryn Geary, Sam Gilbert, Jason Blake
HB: Tom Simpkin, Sam Fisher, Sean Dempster
C: Jack Newnes, Lenny Hayes, Brendon Goddard
HF: Jack Steven, Nick Riewoldt, Jamie Cripps
F: Stephen Milne, Rhys Stanley, Leigh Montagna
Foll: Ben McEvoy, Clinton Jones, Nick Dal Santo
I/C: Justin Koschitzke, David Armitage, Tom Ledger, Terry Milera
Emg: Farren Ray, Dean Polo, Beau Wilkes
Milestones: Clinton Jones - 100 games

UNCHANGED

Screenshot2012-04-12at65617PM.png

saints.com.au - who is 1st Emg?

Newnes should be sub, he doesn't yet have the engine to run out 4 quarters.

I would keep Cripps at Half forward and see how he goes.

Will be looking for another good game by Armo and Jack

Faith in the youngsters, amazing, unsighted at St Kilda for 5 years.

Glad Polo wasn't given the silver service back into the 22 off the back of an undisciplined act and a 92 point win.

Not sure I'd want Newnes to be the sub, don't think he can make that type of impact you'd want from a sub just yet. I'd be more confident in Cripps running on in the 3rd quarter and doing something, did it brilliantly last year.

Yeah I'm happy with no changes, no need to make any changes when you win by 92 points, and good to see Watters showing faith in the youngsters.

Would be good to see Ledger get a full game but not sure who should be sub in place of him. Both Newnes and Cripps have been named on the field so it might be Milera that gets the green vest. He would make a good sub as he can make an impact with his speed and goalkicking ability and could maybe do with a bit of a lightened workload after playing two full games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody know what the rate of turnover is with the smartreplay on the AFL site? With a Saturday night game, will it be up by Sunday arvo or evening? Reckon I might listen to it on the radio, and if we win, watch it the next day online.

Anybody know what the rate of turnover is with the smartreplay on the AFL site? With a Saturday night game, will it be up by Sunday arvo or evening? Reckon I might listen to it on the radio, and if we win, watch it the next day online.

It's 24 hrs.

Dogs appear to have taken the North Melbourne tactic from last year and will try and stretch us for height, rather than legspeed. Happy to see them try.

I have no idea what to expect in this match. Just the fact that we have won so many against them makes me uneasy, irrational as that is.

Putting that stuff aside and looking at the positives I think we will win because:

· After a less-than-ideal pre-season we have played a couple of matches and our fitness will be all the better for it
· We needed a win like the one we had against GC. After Ross left it was exactly the tonic the young blokes and older ones needed to remind themselves that we can destroy teams and kick a big score against them. This confidence will hopefully spill into this week.
· Our top-line players showed they still have it and Lenny is back. These are blokes that have done the job against the dogs before and have the psychological edge over them.

I know none of the above reasons are based on tactics/match-ups etc. but I believe this match is really difficult to call as we have two new coaches and gameplans going up against each other with a lot of young guys thrown into the mix. I think for this reason it will be close and might even turn into a bit of a scrap. Hopefully our experienced heads will be able to pull us through and we can get the win.

Saints by 20.

Some good matchups for the newbies.

Nice for Stanley to get some more time in the ruck v Roughead.

Maybe Simpkin v Jones.

Ledger v Libba.

Still hoping to see Sean on Gia, and Jones on Griffen, neither who have sat well with a close tag previously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndG6_1ZFBLA

Dogs appear to have taken the North Melbourne tactic from last year and will try and stretch us for height, rather than legspeed. Happy to see them try.

I tend to think they are bringing Cordy in for defensive purposes. He can play as a key back and without him, they would have only had Lake and Markovic as their tall backs, so they would have had to play Hargrave or Wood on either Stanley or Kozi.

Have we still got our streak going on, Saturday Night games @ Etihad? :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back