Status
Not open for further replies.

Wundo

Club Legend
Feb 10, 2010
Melbourne - WA - Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dunno, think Hill might get a run. Without Smith we drop pace and carry.
Before we had Smith we had.. Young, for pace and carry. I might be biased, when in our best 22 Youngy was one of my favs - would like to see him return if he can catch some form.
Still, remains to be seen whether Clarko honors the old guard or bloods new players.

Bateman keeps his place...mmmmmm:confused:

Joke, Young will be a great addition, for me. Hill needs to start for his confidence. Young on the other wing and Savage at HFF. Ossie or Bruest as sub. Ossie on clear KPIs to keep his place next week.

Interested to see how how backline responds, and whether Roughie plays back.

Again, i feel we are coming in too tall, Hale or Broc should have been replaced.

Mar 13, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
Hopefully the defense has learnt from the geelong game and can repel some of the foward entries. Now i think teams will do their best to bomb it in long but I have every confidence in Schoey, Gibbo and Stratton to improve.

Hopefully Hill is included and that WhiteX continues his improvement in the same way Shiels, Savage and Suckling did :)

Unfinished

Club Legend
Jan 21, 2012
Winning Flags
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How will the defense line up on the Crow's big 'four' forwards, Lynch, Tippett, Walker and Porplyzia.

We dont really want to have to put Birchall or Guerra/Suckling on Porplyzia, we miss Murphy in these situations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you might find Shiels comes in for Smith, and seeing that both Osborne and Bateman are listed on the extended interchange bench, one of them could get dropped and Young might come in to the side perhaps, not sure. Young can offer us more pace then what Bateman can IMO

Aug 31, 2006
A state of delusion
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Young should come in for Smith
Shiels in for Bateman

Michael Osborne can thank his luck stars... probably.

Bateman won't make the team and won't play again for the rest of the season, barring injuries or a game against Gold Coast or The Giants Honestly, it looked like there wasn't a position on the field for him against Geelong. Loved him as a player, but the games gone passed him last year. Doesn't have the speed anymore.

xellis

Club Legend
Dec 15, 2006
Injury Room
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I actually think Schoenmakers is good on forwards his own size. He seems to do well on Sam Reid and those types. I think he'll take Walker.

I agree with this. However, who takes Tippett then? Shoe would surely have to go to Tippett and Gibson/Stratton on Walker.

I actually think Stratton is a good match up for Walker and would like to see him be given a task and take him first.

Gibson I thought was fairly poor on Monday, he wasn't reading the play or game as well as usual. I'm sure he will turn it around. He needs to maintain a 'team' orientated defense. Often he was spoiling our own players or making the wrong decision. We really need his leadership and experience at the moment.

smithy_9

Senior List
May 1, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Steelers,Sharks,36ers
How will the defense line up on the Crow's big 'four' forwards, Lynch, Tippett, Walker and Porplyzia.

We dont really want to have to put Birchall or Guerra/Suckling on Porplyzia, we miss Murphy in these situations.

Porps is not big.

Hodgepodge

Hall of Famer
Suspended
30k Posts 10k Posts
Apr 28, 2008
Erin Riley's air mattress
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Osborne and Bateman are our weak links, plus they need to make way to give young blood some experience. I don't think Hill could do worse than Bateman.

Hawker08

Team Captain
Jun 16, 2008
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
One team man!!! Hawks
Lock in Gunston as the only listed cert from the bench. Young should replace Smith, being a similar type and doesn't Clarko love a lefty. Feel Clarko is keen to unleash Hill, who is a running machine. Sheils after 2 games at BH should be a start.
Ossie, Bateman and Cheney, should miss but Clarko' s been loyal to his 08 premiership players so would not be shocked to see Changa and Ossie get 1 more chance.

NICE1

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Young should come in for Smith
Shiels in for Bateman

Michael Osborne can thank his luck stars... probably.

Bateman won't make the team and won't play again for the rest of the season, barring injuries or a game against Gold Coast or The Giants Honestly, it looked like there wasn't a position on the field for him against Geelong. Loved him as a player, but the games gone passed him last year. Doesn't have the speed anymore.

If I know clarko bateman will play again and he will add absolutely nothing again....oh ye and Shoe through no fault of his own will get absolutely monstered again. Nice to see you have changed it up a bit clarko...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back