FOXTEL Football Broadcast Thread PART2

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
I thought the ch7 games that clashed with ones on Fox would be on FS1

not always, the Essendon game started 25 mins before the Sydney game, they do this so they dont miss any of the twilight game.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
not always, the Essendon game started 25 mins before the Sydney game, they do this so they dont miss any of the twilight game.
Though Fox Footy somewhat made this a little ambiguous by doing 'Before the Bounce' from the SCG on Fox Footy before advising the game would be on Fox Sports 1 then switching to the Essendon v Port match right on the opening bounce.

That was quite messy. Given there was only some soccer replay on Fox Sports 1 before the Sydney v Freo game surely they could have just done Before the Bounce on Fox Sports 1 and just picked up the 7 pre-game feed for Essendon v Port.

deck

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
Melburn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, SF 49ers, FSU
A scheduling **** up by the AFL. The 1.45pm is supposed to be the Foxtel game. Either that or 7 and Foxtel switched games after the fixture was released.

kennerado

Senior List
Aug 15, 2009
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Shrewsbury Town FC
Yeah I thought that happened, I switched it on right around the start of the Bombers game and heard Dunstall mention the Sydney game then after the ads they go straight to the Essendon game with no intros or anything.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
after watching as much of Essendon vs North as I could bare, Foxtel is the best investment I ever made.

i'm so glad the vast majority of Eagles games are on Fox Footy.

EBUS

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
It's just coming up to round 3, and I've heard Eddie commentate one game, and that was the opening NAB cup game as part of FoxFooty's opening night.

Where is he? I thought he was going to be their lead commentator. It's a real mystery in my opinion.

He also commentated the North v Essendon game in Melbourne with Dwayne Russell but apart from that nothing.

sutto

Debutant
Feb 16, 2008
Burnie
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton,Redskins,Anaheim
Dont like the new fox Footy logo tonight.
It's actually nice to see they've listened to all the negative feedback they've been getting about the old one. Looks much better, and won't interfere with the FoxFooty scoreboard like the original one did.

Took a while, but FoxFooty is just getting better and better.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
It's actually nice to see they've listened to all the negative feedback they've been getting about the old one. Looks much better, and won't interfere with the FoxFooty scoreboard like the original one did.

Took a while, but FoxFooty is just getting better and better.

i doubt it will be a permanent logo, my moneys on is just being for ch7 games

sutto

Debutant
Feb 16, 2008
Burnie
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton,Redskins,Anaheim
i doubt it will be a permanent logo, my moneys on is just being for ch7 games

:confused:
Why would it be just for C7 games? The main reason people objected to the original logo was because it interfered/didn't align with the FoxFooty scoreboard.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow, but my bet is that this logo is here to stay following all the complaints about the original logo.

:confused:
Why would it be just for C7 games? The main reason people objected to the original logo was because it interfered/didn't align with the FoxFooty scoreboard.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow, but my bet is that this logo is here to stay following all the complaints about the original logo.

Me to. Big fan of the new logo. Will be interesting if they keep the club logos as part of the scoreboard.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I forgot to mention this earlier, but on League Teams, I actually don't mind Brereton as the host. He's better than I thought he'd be. I reckon it is good for him when he doesn't have the 'I'm the expert commentator; I need to make myself sound as smart as possible' mindset. He's got some fantastic anecdotes (the one about Lethal and his broken cheekbone was tremendous). Now, I reckon if they removed Tony Shaw (hopeless), or Brad Johnson (adds nothing, in my opinion) and got a 'comic relief' guy (but not the Channel Nine-style idiot), like Dr. Turf, in there, I think it could be the best footy show on television.

Big Cox 88

Cancelled
Low Carb High Fat - Acolyte
Apr 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan, Chelsea
I'm really enjoying Adam Ramanauskas' commentary in the foxtel cup, I think he would make a good afl caller, and the likes of channel 7 could do worse than replacing Brucey with him.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
They should still remove the team colours, they look stupid and are unnecessary. And I'd rather the big football not so close to the centre of the screen. Have it as LIVE|FOX rather than FOX|LIVE. For me, the logos for Richmond v Melbourne now on FoxFooty are ideal. FOX|LIVE right in the top corner and ch7's score logo is better than the Fox score logo.

Back