Favourites

Remove this Banner Ad

Stop making up lies RP, I'm pretty sure we had a similar discussion about Astbury in another thread and I had proven you totally wrong.

No you thought you had a win because I didn't bother replying. Anyone who thinks Astbury was good down back I don't think is worth replying to , you didn't prove s**t so stop making up lies .

Simple as that?? :rolleyes: Source?

What you're suggesting is the tail is wagging the dog; and I doubt that the RFC, Selection Committee and Benny Gale would not have such terms dictated by a coach.

Sorry, but common sense tells me what you're suggesting is highly unlikely.

And re your thread title, it's actually unrelated to your OP.

Is Houli a 'favourite', or was he "promised 22 games to lure him to the club"?

His performances and polling in the clubs B&F suggest he earned his spot, therefore, not a favourite.

That just leaves you to produce a source for your 'promise' of 22 games claim.

The source was quoted from houli..... you might want read the whole thread

So our coaches knew more than the Essendon coaches???

What I see with Houli is a fantastic outside player.... with limited inside ability. You just dont see those type of players in the top 4 teams.

They certainly did in respect of how his ability, especially by foot, stacked up against what we had at the time. As for what Essendon coaches thought he brought to the table in respect of their list = irrelevant to RFC.

They certainly did in respect of how his ability, especially by foot, stacked up against what we had at the time. As for what Essendon coaches thought he brought to the table in respect of their list = irrelevant to RFC.

The Essendon coaches also got the sack, none of them are at the club anymore and the new ones wanted to keep him.

I agree totally however with this in mind I find it all the more puzzling why Post hasn't been afforded the same luxury .

Because post made numerous errors with the ball. His errors were glaring.
Vickery has been useful as a backup ruck but hasnt even got the ball in the 4wd 50.

Because post made numerous errors with the ball. His errors were glaring.
Vickery has been useful as a backup ruck but hasnt even got the ball in the 4wd 50.

I think he meant over his career.... Vickery has played 47 game so at the start of last year he'd played just 23 (the same as Post has played now). In that time he hadn't shown a great deal and had earned him nicknames such as '1 kick Vik'. Even in the early rounds last year Vickery didn't show much. I was defending him to our own supporters at the Brisbane game in round 6 and I'm not sure but he may have even been subbed out against North the round before.

Post clearly has not had the same opportunities as Vickery, they haven't given him an extended go at a set position yet. Vicks has always been a forward/part time ruck in our team. Post has been forward, half-back, full back and pinch hit ruck. All this in 23 games and we are surprised he hasn't broken out? I'm not.

For me I'd like to see him either used up forward or at CHB but not deep down back. He needs to have a better go at it. It will help build his confidence as it did with Rance and Vickery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back