2012 'Which rookie do I start on the field?' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2012 Which rookie do i start on the field thread

Shiel, given Ledger's sub addiction.

Thanks alot.

My backline is a mess, which three should I choose to play out of Morris, Ellis, Bugg, Guthrie and Smedts?

With a backline of:
God, Birchall, Yaz, Broughton, Eski, Clarke, Lake, Bugg & Ellis.

3 theories...
-Lake will only manage a 60-70 against a strong Saints outfit but will see a lot of the ball come his way
-Ellis won't see much of it as the ball will travel straight from the centre square to Richmond's forward line
-Bugg will get the pill plenty of times but ineffective kicks in the Eagles press could dampen his scoring output

So would I go with Bugg at D7?

I'm going with Ellis for me. He looked a lot better in the Collingwood game and this game will more than likely have a lot less pressure than what Carlton and Collingwood had.

Giles vs redden

GILES VS REDDEN this week as #2 Ruck.

What do you all think? Should I chance it that Redden may score more than Giles this week considering Brogan will be in the GWS side.

How do you think we should play this one?

Love,

Buffalo

Re: Giles vs redden

I would but i don't have him, I went the 2 - 2 ruck formation rather than the 1 - 2 and I have Mumford out injured (probably) which means either Giles or Redden gets to step up to the plate

Play Stephenson instead, he's due a big one.

That would be ballsy but not completely crazy. Especially with West having played 90% TOG last week, if we are in a comfortable position at 3 quarter they might give West the vest.

I think Giles played a bit of CHB didn't he? When he is not rucking Sheeds might park him down behind the ball and put him in prime GWS scoring territory or is that wishful thinking?

Stick with Giles.

Just because he's up against Cox and Naitanui doesn't mean he can't score.

You probably wouldnt have expected him to score 100 against Goldstein and McIntosh, but he did, as well as a good first match against Mumford.

Morris or Ellis?

Stick with Ellis IMO.

Yep even though it cost me points last week, Ellis looks the better SC player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephenson, Giles or Redden?

Stephenson is up against a quality ruck division, Giles is going to suffer from the Bogan, is Redden the way to go?

Really appreciate any-help. I had Stephenson locked in until now

Stephenson, Giles or Redden?

Stephenson is up against a quality ruck division, Giles is going to suffer from the Bogan, is Redden the way to go?

Really appreciate any-help. I had Stephenson locked in until now

I've got the same dilemma but have gone with Redden because of the Bogan coming in and not knowing whether Williams will play Giles at CHB and pinch hit in the ruck (lots of possible points) or put him in the forward line...

Safer to go with Redden.

Bugg V Mohr V Ellis as D7??

Also, think I might go Redden over Giles....

Seems there's a lot of similar decisions to be made. I've had Redden on the last two weeks which has cost me. I think I'm going to give Giles the nod this week because I don't think Bogan will ruck too much due to lack of match fitness. Plus Giles has the ability to kick a goal which will be helped with the Glass resting.

I'm thinking this may be Ellis's break-out game against some weak opposition where he'll have a bit more time to demonstrate his elite kicking.

Mohr or Bugg?? Who's better? Who will get me the ol' cashola?

Kerridge or Smedts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back