Preview Round 3: Fremantle Dockers v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

That's mental. What has the line blown out to? 55 or something?

44.5 at the moment, only heading north though. Freo are virtually becoming unbackable. Who'd get behind them at $1.07? Surely they aren't that certain to win?

The suns are only $1.50 further out to beat Essendon. Crazy.

I put $10 on the Lions by 1-19 at $11.

Also $1 on Brown first goal/Lions win at $76.

Wow, what site was that on? Wouldn't mind jumping on the Brown/win double.

sportingbet

Their odds aren't usually as good as other sites.

The problem is if I win I get $75 but I'll be kicking myself for not putting more on.

sportingbet

Their odds aren't usually as good as other sites.

The problem is if I win I get $75 but I'll be kicking myself for not putting more on.
Sportsbet are paying roughly the same. Just took the Lions 1-24 @ $10.

I don't think we're going to win but I would like to think we are are better side than what the odds are saying. It was only two weeks ago that the bookies had us as underdogs v Melbourne.....

I agree..the odds offered in this game are ridiculous. Given our home ground advantage Brissie should be at around $3.

I am tempted to put a lazy $20 on the Lions myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most recent Lions site story notes that Big Red trained with the forwards today.

Link.

The Northern Knights recruit is expected to spend time in a tall forward line that will also include Jonathan Brown, who is playing his first game after a pre-season facial injury, and possibly Daniel Merrett, who trained forward on Friday.

Is there anything to it, or are we just being a bit sly?

The most recent Lions site story notes that Big Red trained with the forwards today.

Link.

Is there anything to it, or are we just being a bit sly?

I really really hope it's sly.

It's time for Merrett to get back to the position where he is one of the best in the comp...the longer the makeshift swap goes on we will gain less on the roundabouts and lose more on the swings IMHO.

The mind boggles at the prospect of Merrett playing at full forward against the Suns...bad memories...deja vu we don't need.

Think we may be fitter than many think.....Fremantle seem happy to play a couple of players that appear light on for conditioning.....may turn out to be decisive on the humungous patch over there.

We can also match their tolerance to the heat.

Interesting me thinks

why do we have to read so much about people betting on here? Personally I hate gambling but love the lions.
sorry but surely it could be posted somewhere else

I'm personally conflicted about this game but not to do with the game itself. Devastated that Simon won't be playing but very happy for Rhino. Just wish they could both be in the team.

Oh well, if that's the worst part of my day, life isn't all that bad. Bring on the footy and let's erase the bad taste from last week. :thumbsu:

Game day!! Super excited for this, more because I get to see some of my favourite players play. Brown to kick 6 on his return, and Longer kicks 4 goals in a 25 posession count for the Rising Star Nomination.
Oh and Harwood and Drummond come unscathed.

Brown and Drummo back. Billy making his debut.

PgvJj.gif

Carlton was last week. Keep up Haso.

My bad.

lrFRi.gif

Agree on Rhino. He certainly comes across as a determined youg man, so I can really see him throwing himself headfirst into the game and almost literally into each contest. This will also be a great opportunity to see how much better his fitness is beyond running around in the NEAFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back