Etihad food policy

Remove this Banner Ad

I've known about such a policy for many years. The vendors outside were not happy about it. But it probably depends who you get at the gate. Just conceal it as you go through and avoid the conversation.

If you bring your own food, fine, they don't care. But if you have money to spend, they want you spending that money inside the stadium rather than outside. The only control they have is to stop you bringing in purchased food from outside.

I think the obvious ones were people bringing in bags of HJ's and Subway. They could spot you from a mile away. Just try and put whatever food you have inside a backpack and don't make it obvious you have food from the fast food outlets. Anything from Coles is fine.

I think the obvious ones were people bringing in bags of HJ's and Subway. They could spot you from a mile away. Just try and put whatever food you have inside a backpack and don't make it obvious you have food from the fast food outlets. Anything from Coles is fine.

Exactly. They are there to protect the legitimate interests of the food they sell and this is why HJ's and McDonald's etc are prohibited because they are similar food types to the products they sell inside the venue.

Meh, I bring in food from Subway or Nandos all the time and have never had an issue

If Etihad Stadium have a problem, perhaps lowering the cost of food might be a good place to start

Always bring my own stuff, never buy anything other than beer at the venue.

Im not even doing that anymore - Jim beam in a flask and bottles of coke from the supermarket for me.

I often take some home-baked goods. Once I was feeling pretty good about myself as I offered my pals some home-made Anzac bikkies, then the lady in front of us pulls out biscuits, slice, scones and a massive thermos of tea. Totally out-picnicked.

But yes, you can take in food from home. Better than both stadium food and other takeaway food.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The food at stadiums is both terrible and a rip off. I just have a meal before I head to the game.

It can either be good and expensive or crap and cheap. Crap and expensive is a bad combo. Given my club sees two bits of **** all from the gate I don't feel compelled to buy anything there.

The food at stadiums is both terrible and a rip off. I just have a meal before I head to the game.

It can either be good and expensive or crap and cheap. Crap and expensive is a bad combo. Given my club sees two bits of **** all from the gate I don't feel compelled to buy anything there.

+1

Both the stadiums have the same mascots

With the aim to encourage you to leave with less money than you entered the venue with

taxcollector-money-shakedown-shutterstock-1020923.jpg

In round 1 after paying for parking etc and something to eat i pretty much had blown $100 not including getting in and seats as we are members lol that is unbelievable

Plenty of ways to do it cheaper. If you must drive to Etihad (as opposed to public transport), there are loads of free parking spots within 10 minutes walk of the stadium. There's an open air carpark opposite Festival Hall which is $9 all day - beats the $25 at the stadium any day.

Don't know why you'd waste money on overpriced, unhealthy food at the ground. Take your lunch with you, and if it's not practical, eat nearby before the game. There are a couple of good pubs and cafes close to Etihad and a food court at the shopping centre where you can get pizza/Subway/sandwiches/sushi etc at half the price you'd pay inside the ground.

If you really want to take in maccas from outside the ground just put all the food in a lunch box..

Can't remember the last time I ate at the footy. Real men stand and double fist their mid-strength.

Yeh but you were born in 1995, therefore it is illegal for you to drink alchohol.

By the way if you had a brain you would be able to smuggle food in the bottom of your bag. The food at Etihad is mediocre at best, not to mention the OTT prices.

In round 1 after paying for parking etc and something to eat i pretty much had blown $100 not including getting in and seats as we are members lol that is unbelievable
Bring drinks from home, take the train in. Would cost you $10 all up.

It's just a way of cornering you into buying their own food at their prices by making sure they have 100% of the market share. Mcg has that just because it's In the middle of no where so if you wish to buy you have to. Buy their food.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back