Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, completely stay away

• Get Greene at all costs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if this is worthy of a thread, if not, please delete mods. But I know this has been on a lot of peoples minds, do I want to sacrifice one of my promising rookie mids for Greene and his big price rise? The most popular players to trade out for Greene that have been talked about are Coniglio, Shiel, McDonald, Wingard, C.Smith and any under performing mid pricer (sorry if I missed anyone). In the poll, you are able to select multiple options, so please select which trades you would make in this situation.

I've broken a golden DT rule and traded one of my premiums (Gibbs) to him to free up cash to fix the other gaping holes in my team (last week started Callinan, Cripps, Hunt and Golby!)... is not so much more of a reaction to Gibbs' score last week but more a recognition that with the team I have, 5 premium mids is a bit top heavy with a few gaps to fill in the backs and forwards. This and the fact that there is some serious coin to be made in the long run by getting in two more rookies about to rise (I'm also bringing in Kennedy for Callinan).

Gibbs was the unlucky one out of Ablett, Mitchell, Thompson and Selwood. Figure it is a trade, even if I get 3 or 4 price rises from Greene and then trade him to (say) Barlow or someone like that.

Have $681,500 to spend in the next couple of weeks though on a few upgrades!

B: Deledio, Broughton, Lake, Clarke, Golby, Morris, Ellis (Bugg, Hunt)
M: Ablett, Mitchell, Selwood, Thompson, Greene, Magner (Shiel, C.Smith)
R: McEvoy, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
F: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Kennedy, Cripps (D.Smith, Hall)

I don't normally trade at this stage, and have been pretty happy with my original rookies in the mids, but I have Ledger who missed 1st week, and then was a sub last week so won't make anything this week and probably won't have a huge jump the week after, so I'm very tempted to trade him to Greene despite having a feeling Ledger will do ok score wise this year. At this stage I'll be trading which probably means Greene will start to score 30's :eek:

Of the ones above, I'd probably be trading if I had Wingaard, but trading out Coniglio or Shiel and definitely McDonald would be no's imo. All of those have been consistent and will make good money. I guess the big question is whether Greene will continue his scoring spree or will the likes of Coniglio, Shiel etc who were more highly fancied at the start of the year start outscoring him.

I had Devon Smith in mids so easy decision to switch him forward and move Dickson on now that he isn't named.

Wouldn't bother wasting a trade by jumping off Shiel, Macdonald or Clay Smith though. Maybe Coniglio but still I think he will prove himself a decent cow by round 11 anyway.

Greene is cheaper than Coniglio and is currently averaging 47 more ppg. If Coniglio keeps pumping out 50-60 scores as he has so far and Greene averages 80-90 (I doubt he'll keep up an 100+ average) then it could easily be worth it, especially if the injection of cash for Round 3 gives you enough to trade out Dickson for Milera or something like that and make even more money out of the trade.

I think people are crazy to consider turfing Coniglio and Shiel for Greene.

But hey it come back to bite me on the ass later.

Cogs is closer to borderline because of his price but it depends on your fwd projections. If Cogs averages 70 and Greene 80 over the next 5 weeks the trade is not worthwhile. It will only make 60-70K.

Big risk to trade out a decent cow to a better cow, nearly always goes sour. If it's Greene for a mid not playing or someone like Dickson out through DP it's almost a lock

Cogs is closer to borderline because of his price but it depends on your fwd projections. If Cogs averages 70 and Greene 80 over the next 5 weeks the trade is not worthwhile. It will only make 60-70K.

Big risk to trade out a decent cow to a better cow, nearly always goes sour. If it's Greene for a mid not playing or someone like Dickson out through DP it's almost a lock

Exactly my point. Just not convinced that the cash cow abilities of Greene will so far outweight Coniglio's that a trade is worthwhile. The price difference is only about 40k as well - if Greene was priced at Magner's level then it would be more palatable.

I think trading out a Clifton to Greene is fine - little use having a rookie-priced midfielder that's not playing and may not be back for a while.

Making the decision of whether to trade Darley -> Bugg or Coniglio -> Greene

Ultimately I have to decide who is going to make me more money - Bugg&Congilio or Greene. Obviously having the back up helps as well.

My concern is that Greene is another Beau Muston (put your hand up if you fell for that two strike wonder).

I think I will get on Greene - because in addition to the money, he will be onfield scoring points, whereas Bugg wouldn't be on the field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coniglio was never going to be a keeper in my eyes anyway .. the trade to him for greene makes more sense .. ive budgeted my trades and was always going to spend 2 at this point to do some fix ups ..

i need to upgrade 7 in my team - 14 trades .. keep 5 trades for LTI's .. 2 trades now for fixups .. 3 trades sundry for whatever pops up

I don't have room to get Green it. I could, but it would mean this weeks score will suffer in ruck and back so I can't do it. I don't get the cash for the quick upgrade, but I have got a more solid team all round.

Hard to resist one of the best DT rookies ever (along with Magner and Barlow...).

Will only really know now with how he follows up his first 2 rounds....

Did Shiel to Greene (had to choose between Shiel and Coniglio). Seemed like a no-brainer to me - Greene had pretty good numbers during the preseason and has had 86% TOG compared to Shiels' 68% (yes I know he had no preseason) over the first two rounds.

I've been burned by Muston and Lynch in the past, so decided against it in the end. Shiel hasn't looked that bad, and will more than likely average the same as Greene anyway. I thought about getting rid of Ledger for him, but didn't want 3 GWS rookies in the mids. Ledger will score well anyway.

Making the decision of whether to trade Darley -> Bugg or Coniglio -> Greene

Ultimately I have to decide who is going to make me more money - Bugg&Congilio or Greene. Obviously having the back up helps as well.

My concern is that Greene is another Beau Muston (put your hand up if you fell for that two strike wonder).

I think I will get on Greene - because in addition to the money, he will be onfield scoring points, whereas Bugg wouldn't be on the field
I would have done the Darley to Bugg trade last week, did you miss round 1 teams?

Back