Preview R3 GWS GIANTS vs West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy moly. Time to get me some of that action.

That's all changed since the team lists came out and even a couple of small bets bring the price in quite a bit. I've got everything covered except a draw :eek: and an Eagles win by 70 points plus :eek:

Woosha is like that :thumbsu:

He said on 6PR last night that he would be happy to win by 24 or 25 points. So I backed the Eagles to win by between 20-29 points. That was paying $151.00 :eek:

I've even backed GWS to win at 500/1, in a two horse race.

I wouldn't be saying that out loud, your door will get knocked down in the middle of the night and you will be dragged out of bed to an institution.

It will be a massacre, even by our B team, GWS are a bunch of kids with no structures in place, we have arguably the best pressure in the game.

Anything less than 60 pts will be a win for GWS but I highly doubt they will get that close.

I wouldn't be saying that out loud, your door will get knocked down in the middle of the night and you will be dragged out of bed to an institution.

It will be a massacre, even by our B team, GWS are a bunch of kids with no structures in place, we have arguably the best pressure in the game.

Anything less than 60 pts will be a win for GWS but I highly doubt they will get that close.

You're probably going to be right but funny things happen in sport. I agree that anything better that a 60 point loss by GWS is a win. There are factors which come into play that don't at other grounds. The wind is unbelievable at that ground apparently, won't suit the tall WCE forwards marking or kicking.

I'll probably come unstuck but I just have a funny feeling about this match.

I'll probably come unstuck but I just have a funny feeling about this match.

Yep, so does the betting agency you did business with, they will be laughing all the way to the bank...

Did you see them last week? I don't want to come on here and disrespect the club, but North Melbourne would have had more trouble maneuvering around witches cones as they ran forward scoring goal after goal.

I think I was the only other person last year that bet on Krak to win the brownlow at big odds, and now I am starting to doubt my own sanity after reading this...

Good Luck!

Totally agree that the Eagles pressure game is good when they are firing but the issue will be what frame of mind they turn up with.

Consider a long flight then a 90min bus ride thru Sydney traffic to the Western Suburbs to play a team they are expected to beat by 100 points. Will they push that extra 10% they usually do when setting up their defensive structures?

The Giants were flat last week after travelling but back at home if they show the same intensity they displayed against the Swans who had their best available squad in and didnt have the travel burden the Eagles do they will be competitive. What price would the Round 1 Swans team start against this weakened Eagles team at the SCG????????

The 105 point start at $1.90 is great odds, I would be surprised if the margin is greater than it was against the Swans in round 1.

I would bet that Giants might win 1 quarter but no more than that. 19 year old Cameron wont kick a bag each week, and with a misfiring Hampton and a poor leading Folau mean we simply can't kick enough goals to compete yet. When Setanta and Patton come it, it might help. But we still don't generate enough inside 50s.

Not having a week off will help the boys, let's hope they can string a solid two quarters together and make contest across the whole field.

Totally agree that the Eagles pressure game is good when they are firing but the issue will be what frame of mind they turn up with.

Consider a long flight then a 90min bus ride thru Sydney traffic to the Western Suburbs to play a team they are expected to beat by 100 points. Will they push that extra 10% they usually do when setting up their defensive structures?

The Giants were flat last week after travelling but back at home if they show the same intensity they displayed against the Swans who had their best available squad in and didnt have the travel burden the Eagles do they will be competitive. What price would the Round 1 Swans team start against this weakened Eagles team at the SCG????????

The 105 point start at $1.90 is great odds, I would be surprised if the margin is greater than it was against the Swans in round 1.
You know they dont catch the plane in on the day of the match right? They will leave Perth today and train tomorrow, the same as they always do.

I know travel will be a big thing for your young team to come to grips with at first, but West Coast have been travelling every other week for over 25 years now! They kind of know what it is all about!;)

The travel factor is being over stated just a touch for a team that does it more than any other team except Freo.

The local conditions and smaller ground will have a much bigger effect on the margin than the actual travel.

Woosha is like that :thumbsu:

He said on 6PR last night that he would be happy to win by 24 or 25 points. So I backed the Eagles to win by between 20-29 points. That was paying $151.00 :eek:

I've even backed GWS to win at 500/1, in a two horse race.

My apologies for the haters gonna hate comment, I can see now you're just a gambling addict lol.

How much is it you've spent on bets for this one game total?

Back to the footy... if the match ups stay the same then Masten Vs Palmer and Gaff Vs Scully should be very interesting/good to watch/hear(if I can't be bothered to go down to the pub to watch it) lol grr hate not having austar/foxtel.

my apologies for the haters gonna hate comment, i can see now you're just a gambling addict lol.

how much is it you've spent on bets for this one game total?

Back to the footy... If the match ups stay the same then masten vs palmer and gaff vs scully should be very interesting/good to watch/hear(if i can't be bothered to go down to the pub to watch it) lol grr hate not having austar/foxtel.

$450.00

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see someone put 1 million on WCE to win 10k

hope you guys put egg on his face

Where did you get 250-1? You are full of s**t

I got 700/1 in one bet and 450/1 in another. If you can't find your way around the internet to find decent odds that's your problem.

I was actually being conservative, one bet has me winning $14,000 for a $20 bet.

One hour away from the surprise of the season hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back