Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiges4Life

Senior List
Mar 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Re: Dear Melbourne; Foot In Throat, From Richmond.

Melbourne supporters have enjoyed being arrogant against us.

I still remember the day like yesterday.

Our boys tried their absolute best (that's how bad we were) to beat Melbourne. Whilst Melbourne were chucking their ruckman in the back pocket against Nathan Brown. Their coaches trying everything in their power to mismatch their team so Richmond can win. We barely got over the line, and we celebrated. But the strange thing was this...on that day at the MCG, Melbourne supporters celebrated with us. They began singing the song with us, and mocked our existence. They felt Richmond were such a joke, that even our best was still a fail.

Couple of months later they drafted Tom Scully & Jack Trengove. For some time it was shoved down my damn throat how good Melbourne were, and how much Richmond have failed. It only got worse after round four last season, Melbourne beat us by 18 points that day, Melbourne and North Melbourne were so far ahead of Richmond (apparently) that it wasn't funny.

When we won by 7 points last season, it was a lucky win again, Martin being the only thing good about our club, everyone else was either a Melbourne reject, or an underperformed player...or a simple dud.

Now it's round 3 2012, Melbourne is on life support and Richmond matched it with Carlton & Collingwood for over 90% of both matches combined.

I believe in karma, and if there is any justice in this world, if there is any justice in sticking the middle finger up at arrogance, dodgy-ness, tanking - that time is now.

Cotchin to crush their spuds, Martin to don't argue their duds, Deledio to run rings around their Casey kids, and Miller to boot 5.

Let's **** these bitches up! This thread could backfire, but when it doesn't...use it as the thread to remind yourselves that Richmond will get to where they wanna go this time, because we're doing things the right way. Let's have some fun.

Tigers by 44.
Great post! :thumbsu: Go Tiges!!!!

nobulltiger

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
I know this type of thinking is not liked here but for me personally there is a lot at stake with my emotions for the club if we lose to Melbourne. I don't think I could take it. It's hard to explain, we have all suffered, but I might be weak and could lose interest completely, which i have not done before. I don't know why I feel this way so strongly about this match. It's like what i imagine finding out your wife is doing your best friend or something, that sinking betrayed feeling. My confidence in them to win is so high, that I am so scared of that let down feeling hitting so hard.

I don't go to church or have religious views but I am praying.

projectaero

Team Captain
May 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Diego Chargers
I know this type of thinking is not liked here but for me personally there is a lot at stake with my emotions for the club if we lose to Melbourne. I don't think I could take it. It's hard to explain, we have all suffered, but I might be weak and could lose interest completely, which i have not done before. I don't know why I feel this way so strongly about this match. It's like what i imagine finding out your wife is doing your best friend or something, that sinking betrayed feeling. My confidence in them to win is so high, that I am so scared of that let down feeling hitting so hard.

I don't go to church or have religious views but I am praying.

Think about it like this:
Round 1 - We lost to the Premiership Favorites
Round 2 - We lost to the Runner up of the Grand Final
Round 3 - We may win or lose to an upcoming side, that's all. it's not a big deal but we will win 10 goal thumping!

May 16, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
THIRTEEN AND CLOSING
Think about it like this:
Round 1 - We lost to the Premiership Favorites
Round 2 - We lost to the Runner up of the Grand Final
Round 3 - We may win or lose to an upcoming side, that's all. it's not a big deal but we will win 10 goal thumping!

You speak too much sense! You must leave immediately and never return.

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
You speak too much sense! You must leave immediately and never return.

Round 4 - We lose to last years premiers
Round 5 - We lose to last years semi finalists
Round 6 - We lose to up and coming Port in Adelaide

Result? 0-6, finals all but dusted.

2-4 however, we have a sniff. 0-6 means we need to win 13 from our last 16 just to make it.

projectaero

Team Captain
May 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Diego Chargers
Round 4 - We lose to last years premiers
Round 5 - We lose to last years semi finalists
Round 6 - We lose to up and coming Port in Adelaide

Result? 0-6, finals all but dusted.

2-4 however, we have a sniff. 0-6 means we need to win 13 from our last 16 just to make it.

Round 4 - We beat geelong in a shocker
Round 5 - We go back to back with 3 wins on the trot over WCE
Round 6 - We go into the ports as $1.10 favorites

Cant wait!
Tickets booked for Geelong and WCE cause if we pull a miracle then damn the roof is gonna go off!

Punt_Road_Roar

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2004
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Round 4 - We beat geelong in a shocker
Round 5 - We go back to back with 3 wins on the trot over WCE
Round 6 - We go into the ports as $1.10 favorites

Cant wait!
Tickets booked for Geelong and WCE cause if we pull a miracle then damn the roof is gonna go off!

LMAO ....

Did you not watch Geelong play Hawthorn last week ????

We need more than a miracle, I'd be suprised if the bookies will be taking bets for Geelong to beat us if we cant even get past Melbourne this weekend :eek:

Apr 7, 2004
Pluto
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TOO
LMAO ....

Did you not watch Geelong play Hawthorn last week ????

We need more than a miracle, I'd be suprised if the bookies will be taking bets for Geelong to beat us if we cant even get past Melbourne this weekend :eek:

If that happens and you want to back the tigers next week, if you walk up to the bookie with $1 and say i want to put it on the tigers, he will hand you a pen and the ticket and tell you to put down what you like and to hurry up doing it because they cant be ****ed..;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back