Swans
B: J.Potter, J.Lynch, J.Lockyer
HB: T.Armstrong, C.Heath, M.Morton
C: A.Everitt, M.Seaby, J.Lamb
HF: N.Gordon, T.Walsh, T.Dennis-Lane
F: J.Moore, J.White, M.Pyke
Foll: D.McNeil, H.Cunningham, S.Wray

Int: (from) D.Robinson, L.Kilpatrick, B.Jack, R.Pryor, D.Lycakis

I am very interested to see how Kieren's little brother will go.

From the Swans website;
Sydney Swans Reserves 2.5 3.10 6.12 7.13 55
Gold Coast Suns Reserves 2.3 4.5 7.11 13.13 91

Goal Kickers: T. Walsh 2, J. Potter , D. McNeil , D. Lycakis , B. Jack , N. Gordon Best Players: C. Heath, T. Walsh, D. Lycakis, J. Moore, B. Jack

I'd be interested to hear a summary from one of the people at the game.

No mention (on the Swans site) of Everitt, White, TDL. Lamb, Moore, Armstrong, Morton. Guys who would be looking towards senior selection.

Also sounds as if Pyke was beaten in the ruck by Fraser.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/132504/default.aspx

From the Swans website;
Sydney Swans Reserves 2.5 3.10 6.12 7.13 55
Gold Coast Suns Reserves 2.3 4.5 7.11 13.13 91

Goal Kickers: T. Walsh 2, J. Potter , D. McNeil , D. Lycakis , B. Jack , N. Gordon Best Players: C. Heath, T. Walsh, D. Lycakis, J. Moore, B. Jack

I'd be interested to hear a summary from one of the people at the game.

No mention (on the Swans site) of Everitt, White, TDL. Lamb, Moore, Armstrong, Morton. Guys who would be looking towards senior selection.

Also sounds as if Pyke was beaten in the ruck by Fraser.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/132504/default.aspx
A bit misleading to say that Fraser dominated Pyke based on the news of Fraser's 5 goals. Fraser played full forward in the last quarter and booted 4 then on the undersized Cambo, not really his fault that he's giving away about 12 cm in height. In fact Heath was one of our best all day, when he beat a similar sized Charlie Dixon quite convincingly. Heath reads the play very well and can knows when the run off his man when required or also get himself into the superior position to take the mark. In the last quarter when the Suns midfielders were dominating and the ball was coming in continuously was when Fraser outpointed him.

Pyke himself had 4 shots on goal but only managed to convert one (very sure he kicked one, not sure how the scorers confused him with the diminutive Jackson Potter :eek:)

Morton was shocking, tried in defence and attack and just was so peripheral to the action that for the whole of the first quarter I thought he was absent from the team.

White was absent, he was even dressed up when some of the seniors came to watch the ressies boys play.

Lamb was a little outclassed in the midfield so they shifted him forward in the second half but didn't get enough quality service to be effective. Still he showed in a few isolated instances that he has some tricks in his armory.

TDL played much further up the ground than usual, starting some centre square bounces. His defensive work was solid again and it's great to see him improve in this area. Offensively he couldn't work his magic in the tight confines of the midfield, probably shaded by Iles the whole day.

Walsh was poor first half, but finished the game well with some strong marking and 2 goals were his reward. He still needs to lead into the right places and without a tall target in attack the Reserves lacked some direction when going forward.

Everitt started in the ruck to everybody's surprise with Pyke and Seaby (in his 2 minute cameo before being withdrawn when new of Mumford's sore back came through) starting forward. He lost most of the taps when matched up against Fraser/Nicholls. He played in defence in the latter parts of the game when not relieving Pyke in the ruck.

Armstrong looked rusty to me, his so-called pinpoint kicking wasn't on display today and he seemed a little slow at times in comparison to the Suns players. He'll need at least another game or 2 in the reserves before contemplating elevating him to the seniors.

I liked Nippa's game, he deserved some accolades for his efforts today. He never stopped running the whole game and covered all areas from defence to attack. Defensive work was also impressive and caused a few turnovers with desperate leaps and lunges.

It was the first time I had a look at the topup Lycakis (#54) and was impressed by what I saw. Another small/slight fellow but plays with a confidence and exuberance that most topups lack. Worked his way out of a few contested situations smartly, and showed some pace (although once he tried to take on the wrong man in the speedy Wilkinson who nabbed him for HTB). Jack did one or two nice things including a nice pivot and turn reminiscent of his big brother but I can't see why he deserved best honours. He's still very slight and needs many hours in the gym to bulk up.

But in the end, no one player really stood out and shouted out for a place in the seniors.

I was keen to see Brandon Jack in action. He didn't get much of it but he's got the DNA. Not Gordon's day but he really did try. Cunningham is a class act and did some nice things. Pyke's contested marking has improved. Tommy Walsh showed something special today and did his claim for a seniors spot no harm. TDL led and marked well and defended well. Moore was solid in the midfield. Campbell HEath looked good and I also liked Lamb's game.

I thought overall the ressies put in a very good effort but got overrun in the last.

My first Ressies game for some time and what an ordinary effort, lets hope we don't get too many injuries.
Only 2 on the bench didn't help, but it wasn't good.
Cunningham will be good, Morton is a dud, Pyke did well, Moore was solid, but he worried me early in the 3rd Q when he could have gone in to Walsh one out, he went backwards with a s**t kick and they kicked a goal. I thought Walsh did ok and will play senior footy in the near future. Heath was not that good, but was played out of position, Gordon, from the moment he dropped an easy chest mark under no pressure i watched him more closely and he is no good. TDL still needs to get harder and if he does he will be an asset, but needs to play forward.
The game plan was pathetic, slow ball movement with poor skills and we got crushed by a team with a few good up and comers.

www.neafl.com.au will be streaming this week's match between Ainslie and the Ressies. Saturday 11.35am. Yes that will overlap with the seniors but you should still be able to catch 2 and a bit quarters before switching over. I'm not sure what the video quality will be like but at leastit will give an opportunity for those who can't get to ther reserves games to have a look.

I watched a bit of Ainslie vs Sydney Hills last weekend, video and audio quality is decent but don't expect too much from the commentary ;) and don't be surprised if your guys are referred to as GWS, Sydney Uni seemed to put in a pretty solid effort last weekend. Worth watching nonetheless.

www.neafl.com.au will be streaming this week's match between Ainslie and the Ressies. Saturday 11.35am. Yes that will overlap with the seniors but you should still be able to catch 2 and a bit quarters before switching over. I'm not sure what the video quality will be like but at leastit will give an opportunity for those who can't get to ther reserves games to have a look.

Any chance somebody could record it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Stephen Wray, Nathan Gordon, Rory Pryor
HB: Blake Guthrie, Campbell Heath, Tommy Walsh
C: Tony Armstrong, Harry Cunningham, Dylan McNeil
HF: Jarred Moore, Brett Meredith, Jed Lamb
F: Jordan Lockyer, Trent Dennis-Lane, Jack Lynch
Foll: Mark Seaby, Mitch Morton, Douglas Hadden

Int (from): Mitch Crawford, Andrew Moody, Brandon Jack, Jordan Weir, Jack Davis, Mike Pyke, Jackson Potter, Eugene Kruger

B: Stephen Wray, Nathan Gordon, Rory Pryor
HB: Blake Guthrie, Campbell Heath, Tommy Walsh
C: Tony Armstrong, Harry Cunningham, Dylan McNeil
HF: Jarred Moore, Brett Meredith, Jed Lamb
F: Jordan Lockyer, Trent Dennis-Lane, Jack Lynch
Foll: Mark Seaby, Mitch Morton, Douglas Hadden

Int (from): Mitch Crawford, Andrew Moody, Brandon Jack, Jordan Weir, Jack Davis, Mike Pyke, Jackson Potter, Eugene Kruger

Somone really is being a BS artist with those positions are they not grim?

Also is Seaby really expected to play or will be on the plane to Adelaide?

Just a friendly reminder that today's game will be streamed live from 11.35

If you're keen to:
See if Brett Meredith is still alive;
How TDL can kick bags of goals and still not earn a recall;
Play the game of 'Spot the Morton';
Watch Lamb chop up the Tricolours;
Witness Campbell Heath destroy Ken McGregor;
Spot the similarities in Kieren junior;
Worship the running gunning machine that is Eugene Kruger

Then tune in to http://bit.ly/NEAFLTV

Just a friendly reminder that today's game will be streamed live from 11.35

If you're keen to: