NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel as though Mont need to stop Justin White if they are going to win. They might need to play a forward defensive role on him to shut him down.

If Macleod are going to win Scoota will have to play the game of his life. Easily the best young talent in the comp. Good luck to him this weekend..

And good luck to Mont stopping him :)

FFS, seems a bit of angst on BF at the moment waiting for Round 1. Lets keep if fun guys and active, I love a bit of banter but no need to get personal or we will push more people away.

We all love the NFL and local footy, cannot wait till tomorrow, beautiful day forecast....beer and a pie, cannot wait.

Forget it "Denneth Q". At times navigating between perception(s) of written expression(s) of thought is somewhat prejudice given the social background of the expert dribbler.

Okay, before we head out the door, thought that I'd see if I can look into the crystal ball and figure out the finishing positions of the teams at the end of the home and home games. The Roosters and Maggies look like they have recruited very well in the off-season while the Bulls will again be right in the mix even allowing for the couple that they have lost. The Cougars could be the sleepers while at the other end, any win will be worth its weight in gold.

West Preston
Bundoora
Montmorency
Heidelberg
Northcote Park
Greensborough
Macleod
Eltham
Whittlesea
Lower Plenty

Went and watched boro v lower good game lower looked alright and tried hard. Lowers ground on the other hand is a joke. Pot holes everywhere stupidly small. Senior let alone under 12s shouldn't play on a ground that small.

Went and watched boro v lower good game lower looked alright and tried hard. Lowers ground on the other hand is a joke. Pot holes everywhere stupidly small. Senior let alone under 12s shouldn't play on a ground that small.

Thanks for the compliment at the beginning.......must have pained you, considering your previous bagging. As for the ground, when you come across one bigger and better that's free, let us know!

Great game at deWinton between Macleod & Mont. Mont threatened to take the game away half way through the 2nd quarter but to the Kangas credit, kicked the last 3 goals and went into the break only 1 point down.

Mont took a nice 4 goal lead at 3/4 time and then shut Macleod out of the game defensively for the rest of the game.

Pettifer & O'Halphin good acquisitions and will trouble most sides. Asaike still learning the game as he gave away many free kicks and argued constantly with the umpires, so he will get sucked in all year.

If Macleod can control their handball, we will win our fair share of games against quality opposition.

They Say - Bundoora smashed West Preston all day, the scoreboard didn't reflect just how bad...?!?
They Say - Lower were solid, they're ground may worry most and we could see some upsets - They said the pracys counted for a bit of form.
They Say - Brutal will bite at anything said against the Bears....!!!
They Say - Heidelberg has come back to the pack in a big way
They Say - Northcotes big match under lights was a little dimmer than hoped for (crowd numbers)
They Say - Macleod is happy having Lynch back for the blue & gold and want finals this year

Thanks for the compliment at the beginning.......must have pained you, considering your previous bagging. As for the ground, when you come across one bigger and better that's free, let us know!

I was informed that Lower was offered a choice of two grounds (approx 10 years ago) and the council would upgrade the facilities at the ground that they move to.
Lowers chiefs declined the offer. Enjoy what you have got ....... or not

They Say - Bundoora smashed West Preston all day, the scoreboard didn't reflect just how bad...?!?
They Say - Lower were solid, they're ground may worry most and we could see some upsets - They said the pracys counted for a bit of form.
They Say - Northcotes big match under lights was a little dimmer than hoped for (crowd numbers)
They Say - Macleod is happy having Lynch back for the blue & gold and want finals this year

Thrashings to both Reserves 21 goals and under 19s nearly 14 goals shows a real lack of depth at Heidelberg. Will be hoping for not too many injuries

Enjoy the comments from coast to coast of the NFL Div 1 league by yourself BUT!!

They Say - Northcotes big match under lights was the biggest crowd over the weekend by far....... and the largest numbers Westgarth Street has seen since the quad premiership days. I was there, the crowd was huge, and the ground and the lights are the best in the business by a very long shot. Dont think Northcote is used to the crowds they played infront of Saturday night.:eek:

They Say - They Say definately must not have been there:). I hope Northcote put on another night game like that, was an awesome atmosphere and good game of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, before we head out the door, thought that I'd see if I can look into the crystal ball and figure out the finishing positions of the teams at the end of the home and home games. The Roosters and Maggies look like they have recruited very well in the off-season while the Bulls will again be right in the mix even allowing for the couple that they have lost. The Cougars could be the sleepers while at the other end, any win will be worth its weight in gold.

West Preston
Bundoora
Montmorency
Heidelberg
Northcote Park
Greensborough
Macleod
Eltham
Whittlesea
Lower Plenty
:rolleyes:

This site is currently under review.;)

Enjoy the comments from coast to coast of the NFL Div 1 league by yourself BUT!!

They Say - Northcotes big match under lights was the biggest crowd over the weekend by far....... and the largest numbers Westgarth Street has seen since the quad premiership days. I was there, the crowd was huge, and the ground and the lights are the best in the business by a very long shot. Dont think Northcote is used to the crowds they played infront of Saturday night.:eek:

They Say - They Say definately must not have been there:). I hope Northcote put on another night game like that, was an awesome atmosphere and good game of footy.

They Say - What they say... I must say i'm happy to hear that for the cougars...! Well done to Peter and the eagles too for giving up their first night back at the club and being open minded enough to allow for something different to happen...

We are off and running and what's this I see, not only a good old 1970's style headbut putting as player to sleep and requiring a night in hospital, but then his team-mate follow up of a king hit from behind knocking a player out cold. He now can't even remember his team smashing the sneako dogs. Had the leading team got hold of these two it could have been very messy.
Discipline must have gone 'West' on Saturday.
The only thing that was worse than the act's of these two players would have been if the losing coach was to do something silly like, say, ring the victim of the assault and ask him to lie at the tribunal?
Nah, that wouldn't happen. :D

What They Say Didn't Say is that Heidelberg stretched its unbeated run over Eltham to 30 years, yes that's right, 30 years.

Bergers will still be up the top end of the ladder again this year, several players to come back in including comp B&F winner Mick Finn. I do agree with other comments though, doesn't appear to be as much depth in the two's although some promising kids in the under 19's who will play at various stages.

We are off and running and what's this I see, not only a good old 1970's style headbut putting as player to sleep and requiring a night in hospital, but then his team-mate follow up of a king hit from behind knocking a player out cold. The only thing that was worse than the act's of these two players would have been if the losing coach was to do something silly like, say, ring the victim of the assault and ask him to lie at the tribunal?
Just trying to do the math.
If Saul gets four weeks for booing the orange people what penalties will GHQ attach to these (alleged) transgressions?

We are off and running and what's this I see, not only a good old 1970's style headbut putting as player to sleep and requiring a night in hospital, but then his team-mate follow up of a king hit from behind knocking a player out cold. He now can't even remember his team smashing the sneako dogs. Had the leading team got hold of these two it could have been very messy.
Discipline must have gone 'West' on Saturday.
The only thing that was worse than the act's of these two players would have been if the losing coach was to do something silly like, say, ring the victim of the assault and ask him to lie at the tribunal?
I had to ring them..... Because if I didn't I would be losing 2 players for a very long time.

Was walking me dog rover around macleod on tuesday night and ventured past de winton park and seen the ex brisbane lion Adam Heuskus training with the roos. I have had this confirmed with the macleod brainstrust, n seen his clearance go through on nfl.org.au. This is a massive get for the clouders, and will definately shake up NFL div 1 football.
Was he in footy shorts or netball skirt?
Sometimes the lad gets a tad confused.

Not sure if Heidelberg have come back to the pack but you are not giving Eltham much credit, will trouble most teams at home. Bergers have chalked it up as a good away win.

Thrashings to both Reserves 21 goals and under 19s nearly 14 goals shows a real lack of depth at Heidelberg. Will be hoping for not too many injuries
My mail is they already have plenty of injuries, ie. the rather tall waterboy running around is one of about 6 good players,and had they kicked straight they would have won by plenty,so the other way to look at it is every club gets injuries, some get them early and if they can get the senior side over the line great, some get them later so that might be a worry in a season that looks to be a lot more evan than first thought

"If Macleod can control their handball, we will win our fair share of games against quality opposition. " (from Underbelly)
That is an understatement. Overused and in the wrong circumstances..Cringeworthy too...Why don't they just kick the damned ball when they can (and downfield, not across) and only handpass when necessary (call me a woman if you want, but the overuse of the handball ain't gonna get 'em into the finals)..That's my only opinion for the year...(I hope!).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back