v
150px-Glory-logo-2009.png

Sunday 22nd Aprill 2012
4:00pm @ Suncorp Stadium
LIVE FOX SPORTS 2

Early Odds (Sportsbet)

Brisbane $1.62
Perth $4.80

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/237019,fergie-anythings-possible-in-cup-final.aspx

Glory booked their first ever A-League Grand Final appearance after a heart-stopping penalty shootout win over Central Coast in Saturday’s Grand Final qualifier. They play Roar who qualified over the Mariners in the Major Semi Final.

The former Rangers legend told his players today they would remain in Perth till this Friday.

The squad will then fly to the Queensland capital for Sunday’s big match in front of an expected 52,000 sea of orange.

And Ferguson will drum into his players the fact that there is little pressure on them with most punters and bookies tipping a Roar landslide win – just like last time they met at Suncorp with the home side savaging Glory 4-0.

“It’s a cup final and anything can happen in a cup final,” an upbeat Ferguson told au.fourfourtwo.com.

mojito

misfortune comes in threes...
Feb 21, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adel. Utd, Manc. Utd, Molde FK
Apparently there's some question marks over Berisha at the moment. May miss the ACL game.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
4.80??????? Didn't think we'd be that short. There are a hell of a lot of Glory fans going over. Most flights booked up, away end tickets were hard to get hold of too.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
I want Perth to win for the underdog story, but I think Brisbane comfortably.

We were knackered after 70 minutes on Saturday and still held on so this weekend we'll be even more knackered against a side that will be far more sharper, I just hope we can hang on and at least make it interesting. Andrezinho has a quad or hip problem and might not start which might be a blessing in disguise as he's been average the past couple of games. I just hope Pantelidis is ok, he came off too and is far more important...never thought I'd say that even 6 months ago.

Luigi742

Team Captain
Jan 18, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Western Force, Rabbitohs, Glory
At those odds I'm definitely thinking of putting $10 on the glory, would make a win even sweeter :)

Either way, what a season, and I'll be proud of the Glory either way. Any guesses at attendance? I'm thinking maybe 30,000

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Should be a sell-out. Brisbane is a bit of an events city, like Sydney. Anything less than 40-odd thousand, and I'll be really disappointed.

I'm not a Glory fan. But I wouldn't see a Perth win as a giant surprise. They're coming off some enviable form, have an awesome striker, and some belief. Brisbane, however, are an awfully solid side with the confidence of a home ground, a week off, and the fact they're one of the greatest domestic football sides in Australian history.

Luigi742

Team Captain
Jan 18, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Will Inglewood Utd. be showing the game again? This week I want to go somewhere to watch it. Maybe they'll show it at nib?

mojito

Feb 21, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Will Inglewood Utd. be showing the game again? This week I want to go somewhere to watch it. Maybe they'll show it at nib?

They'd be mad not to have a showing. Great opportunity for a family day out for those who couldnt get over to QLD

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams

You mean the Inglewood Hotel? A few places will be showing it. Most 'vocal' fans will be at the Elephant, Inglewood is a good venue for it though.

Normy132

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seven shades of excited for this game. I reckon Brisbane will win it but Perth won't go down wondering what could have been. Let's just hope it's as good as last year.

Anything less than a sellout is a failure for the sport in this country. No excuses.

Apr 12, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtic FC, Milwaukee Bucks
Got tickets today, although being too slow for the Brisbane end I managed to get tickets in the Perth section. On the ticketek site you needed a password for the pre-sale for Perth seating, guessed it first time! It was "glory" haha so got a ticket for $28, close to the front. Bargain!

C'mon the Roar!

EaglesFlyingHigh

Premiership Player
Apr 18, 2009
Loftus Road
AFL Club
West Coast
Well what a game against CCM!! Not sure we were the better team but we've escaped with the win against all odds!

It's been a roller coaster season and the GF appearance comes as a reward to all those passionate Glory fans who turn up week in, week out.

I'm super super excited for the big one, and came very close to heading to Brisbane, but unfortunately I won't be making the trip :(

I reckon those odds are about right, Glory come in very tired but hopefully this can be offset by Brisbanes ACL match on Wednesday!

Here's hoping for a Glory win, god we deserve it for all the years of s**t we've put up with!!
Glory 2-1 to cap of a fairy tale run.

HW HW HWFG!!

Luigi742

Team Captain
Jan 18, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
You mean the Inglewood Hotel? A few places will be showing it. Most 'vocal' fans will be at the Elephant, Inglewood is a good venue for it though.

nah, Inglewood Utd. were showing the game on a projector. I have foxtel so I can watch the game from home but I want to enjoy it with some other people. I'd go to the Elephant, but I'm under 18 and I doubt my Dad would take me.

mojito

Feb 21, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
nah, Inglewood Utd. were showing the game on a projector. I have foxtel so I can watch the game from home but I want to enjoy it with some other people. I'd go to the Elephant, but I'm under 18 and I doubt my Dad would take me.

Can you grow a scruffy beard by Sunday to fool them? ;)

My brother's just turned 17 and can get a good one going in a couple of days. Pity its tinged with ginger though.

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
as a glory fan living here in brisbane i just want to know where most of the traveling glory fans will be heading for pre game drinks?

Back