Preview Changes for the Giants game

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that a bloke called Dermott Brereton, who played a bit, also comments that Walker is not your normal forward in that most of his goals come from snapshots or off the ground.

and half forward outside 50.

to me it's 70% delivery, 30% poor efforts in contests as to why he has bad games.

I've seen him take some great contested grabs before. He has it in him but more often than not either drops concentration or gets caught in two minds how to approach the contest.

From what I've seen when the ball is delivered even slightly to his advantage he nearly always makes the most of it, as good forwards do. it's those poor kicks that are either to the defenders advantage or to no ones that he is very inconsistent atm, in contrast to tippett.

This year there has been majority pathetic entries to f50.

Walker still has a lot to work on but forward delivery needs way more.

Good post. It's like playing with 17 men.

If not on my phone I would check his goals last year against good teams and bad teams. So far this year against good teams 0.

I actually checked this. Last year against "good" sides he kicked 14 goals in 5 games (geelong hawks blues saints eagles) - he didn't play the pies. In 8 games against poorer sides he kicked 19 goals in 8 games. So 2.6 goals per game against good sides and 2.3 goals per game against weaker sides. Surprised? Hardly fits your flat track bully opinion does it?

I actually checked this. Last year against "good" sides he kicked 14 goals in 5 games (geelong hawks blues saints eagles) - he didn't play the pies. In 8 games against poorer sides he kicked 19 goals in 8 games. So 2.6 goals per game against good sides and 2.3 goals per game against weaker sides. Surprised? Hardly fits your flat track bully opinion does it?

Don't worry, he will change his argument so he doesn't have to admit he's wrong.

I think the Bulldogs in Round 2 counted as a 'good' side with Lake and Markovic up and about, relative to us anyway. Not so much in Round 3 though :eek:

Note that Riewoldt kicked 2.2 and Koschitzke 1.1 on the weekend, despite winning with 15 goals to WB's 5. Shows that their tall defenders aren't the Bullie's key weakness lately and that Taylor did well to kick 3.4 in a game where Tippett was blanketed.

No not surprised at all.

Stunned would be a better word.

I think the Bulldogs in Round 2 counted as a 'good' side with Lake and Markovic up and about, relative to us anyway. Not so much in Round 3 though :eek:

Note that Riewoldt kicked 2.2 and Koschitzke 1.1 on the weekend, despite winning with 15 goals to WB's 5. Shows that their tall defenders aren't the Bullie's key weakness lately and that Taylor did well to kick 3.4 in a game where Tippett was blanketed.

LOL!:thumbsu:

Hard for me to rate them. I think they will be bottom 4.

Nearly 3 a game against good sides is great better than I thought. So perhaps it should be 5-6 against the weaker sides ;)

Or maybe there is just no difference in general between how he plays whether it is against a weaker side compared with a strong side and he just had a s**t game on the weekend, just like 15 other blokes running around in the tricolour hoops...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or maybe there is just no difference in general between how he plays whether it is against a weaker side compared with a strong side and he just had a s**t game on the weekend, just like 15 other blokes running around in the tricolour hoops...

Or, maybe he's not a big game player? Maybe he is what he is - and performs just the same, no matter the stage? Big game players (I'm thinking Jars/McLeod) were able to lift their already superb game up a notch in games that really mattered. At the moment it doesn't look like Tex is that sort of a player - but it's early days yet.

Or, maybe he's not a big game player? Maybe he is what he is - and performs just the same, no matter the stage? Big game players (I'm thinking Jars/McLeod) were able to lift their already superb game up a notch in games that really mattered. At the moment it doesn't look like Tex is that sort of a player - but it's early days yet.

But Jars became a big game player Jen much later in his career.. When he came to Adelaide didnt he have a horrible finals record?

Walker dropped?

Anyone else heard this.

No and it goes against the quote from Brenton Sanderson ""After a 10-goal loss, you have to make changes," Sanderson said. "If you're not in form, then you might be out of the side. But sometimes you watch a game back in review and you want to make a lot of changes but there's a few guys with some credits"

I'd think he would have some credits in the bank after turning the Collingwood semi final in the second term with a few goals, then the final against the West Coast with a few goals to turn it our way and then kicking 8 goals in the first 2 round. He has some credits in the bank.

Walker dropped?

Anyone else heard this.

Wouldn't be suprised and it wouldn't be out of order. Kid needs to learn to put in an effort. His game on Sunday was a disgrace.

If it does happen would also stick it up all those Craig haters who believed he was the problem ;)

But Jars became a big game player Jen much later in his career.. When he came to Adelaide didnt he have a horrible finals record?

Very true. Jars copped a bit for his effort in the Hawks GF in 1991 and his finals series.

inb4meltdown

Who would replace him? McKernan? Jenkins? Johnston?

Side note - **** me why does this site run so badly in Internet Explorer. Other forums work fine.

Maybe he's a 21 year old kid learning how to play AFL football. Just maybe.

and BTW - as a 22 or 23 year old kid, Darren Jarman stank in up big time in big games. in the 1989 blood bath GF between Port Power lite and North Adelaide, he stunk, basically didn't touch it.

In the 1991 AFL GF for Hawthorn he once again didn't touch it. It wasn't until; his late 20's in 94 SOO where he played a beauty for SA against the Vics and then in the 97 and 98 where he performed on the big stage.

It's also been proven that he (TW) can perform in big games, last year Hawks, Carlton and Geelong. So allow him to mature before writing him off as a big game player.

No and it goes against the quote from Brenton Sanderson ""After a 10-goal loss, you have to make changes," Sanderson said. "If you're not in form, then you might be out of the side. But sometimes you watch a game back in review and you want to make a lot of changes but there's a few guys with some credits"

I'd think he would have some credits in the bank after turning the Collingwood semi final in the second term with a few goals, then the final against the West Coast with a few goals to turn it our way and then kicking 8 goals in the first 2 round. He has some credits in the bank.
Hope we are not giving credits for the mickey mouse trial games.We would not get near the WCE if we were playing them this week.

Shutts is saying Smack, Shaw and Wright will play for the Crows this week.

Lynch and Otten dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back