Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure you can't avoid a donut or two in the bye rounds? As in its mathematically impossible? I tried to map my way through it the other day and couldn't do it. Anyone else have something to say on this?

Is it worth holding on to Tom Ledger?

Is it worth holding on to Tom Ledger?

Holding onto him you've already missed one price rise....whichever rookies you do have now are the ones you need to rise every week!

The earliest Ledger can rise in price is after round 6 given he's been left out again.....and his 17 points from round 2 is hardly a great building block.

Martin out for Josh Kennedy (the Sydney variety)
Chapman out for Boomer Harvey

2 to 4 more trades before the byes and hopefully I'm set. (of course I'll be trading during the byes)

I've been wanting to get Kennedy in for a couple of weeks, I held off and now instead of doing it earlier and having extra money in my kitty, I've had to fork out extra to do it.

It's only early in the season but I'm ranked around 500 overall and don't want to be bleeding any more points to the leaders with underperforming premiums.

The two trades help me with the dynamics of the byes too which is good.

Hopefully Couch can break in, in the next week or two. As a DPP he might come in handy, particularly if he looks like being a cash cow too.

So... here's me.... (currently placed around 4,000 in SC)

Started the round with approx $30K in the bank..

Backs: OUT: Shaw IN:Geary
Forwards: OUT: Fyfe IN:N Riewoldt
Cash: $320K

I would be interested in people's honest opinions :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first is maybe ok, if you think Kennedy has become a genuine gun (leading the AFLCA votes atm).

The second is a bit premature.

I think Kennedy has and over the course of the season will score a lot more heavily than Martin.

For my own team I've made the call on Chappy. I think his days of dominating are over. He may have the odd cameo. Boomer could well end up with Jack or the like hanging off him this weekend but again, over the whole season I think he'll easily outscore Chappy.

The call is made and they'll both be keepers now, barring long term injuries.

Shaw out is great news I can lump him with Lake, Grimes, Goodes , Leunberger and possibly Fyfe and Dempsey. :eek:

Thinking of just conceding this week. To much carnage to cover.

Is anybody keeping Fyfe given that he has been named?

I'm contemplating it. Especially considering I've already used 4 trades, might take a week off.

Is anybody keeping Fyfe given that he has been named?

I'm contemplating it. Especially considering I've already used 4 trades, might take a week off.

I'm keeping him. They've been so cautious with Mundy and Barlow, if they didn't think Fyfe could play they'd give him the surgery IMO.

Shaw hammy coming out of left field has thrown previous plans into disarray.

Got Dempsey, Lake, Smedts & Shaw. I want to keep Dempsey & Lake, but not comfortable having my rookie defenders Townsend & Ellis on the field, along with having no emergencies should Dempsey pull out. Its too much risk with my backline already being my weak link.

So:

Shaw > Broughton
Not confident Shaw will be back in 2 games or perform well when he gets back anyway. Broughton I don't think will get any cheaper & if Fyfe reinjures............

AND

Townsend > Geary
Hard getting rid of a playing rookie this early, however theres 50% Chance Townsend will get vested this week & hes averaging only 38 as it is. I've got the spare cash for Geary.

Really appreciate any feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back