Kntfl

Yes the article certainly does give that impression.

If they are seriously discussing the issue then I'm banking on the fact that more often than not, these kind of bodies "discussing" these issues ultimately amount to just that- discussion.

bulldogsbark

Senior List
Apr 12, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bit more of digging around on the issue and what I can garner that any re-shuffle is still a couple of years off.

Yeah I didnt think they could do it all in one hit. But I would assume they would put some structures in place to see it happen over time....if they decide if thats where things are heading.
Got any info you could PM?

TaylorWalker

Debutant
Sep 26, 2010
Naracoorte, SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Naracoorte could not possibly move out the league, cos if they did, they would not have the junior numbers unless they stole all of our (Kyby) players, even with our limited amount.

Can anyone confirm if penola has signed Jarrod Ryan from west for $1000 a game.

Nothing on sportingpulse.

The way Tony Porter spoke to me in the pre-season I'd have thought Penola wouldn't be forking out big bucks for players from town. He said he's got all his players living and working in the area.

carloss

Premiership Player
Sep 4, 2007
around
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday
Round 2

BORDERTOWN vs NARACOORTE
BORDER DISTRICTS vs MUNDULLA
KINGSTON vs LUCINDALE
KYBYBOLITE vs PADTHAWAY
PENOLA vs KEITH
BYE K L UNITED

My tips
Naracoorte, Borders, Lucindale, Kyby, Keith

Slash 666

Debutant
Mar 13, 2011
Mount gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nothing on sportingpulse.

The way Tony Porter spoke to me in the pre-season I'd have thought Penola wouldn't be forking out big bucks for players from town. He said he's got all his players living and working in the area.

Rumour is true, Jarrod Ryan has just put in his clearance to join penola. Small forward, freakish but hot headed. Assume you heard what happened against portland.
At his best he'll set the comp alive....

Boston tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2010
Where it all began
AFL Club
Richmond
WBFL is not my area. Care to elaborate?

Knocked a lot of teeth out of a young Portland backman.

Last year didn't put a foot wrong(was surrounded by class so had to pull the head in a bit) but has been so freakin good gets a lot of attention.

Not sure if the best is behind him or not but the most exciting player I've ever seen. Gets bored easily so tries to make things difficult. Puts the body on the line and never shirks the issue. Didn't take too many hangers last year but in 3 years of watching him wouldn't have taken at least 12 absolute beauties and always lands on his feet.

Is about 5 foot 4 but can play key position. Has been complaining of hand damage plus doesn't like training if he did like training he wouldn't be playing in the leagues around here. Hope goes well ... And sit back and enjoy.

Slash 666

Debutant
Mar 13, 2011
Mount gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
WBFL is not my area. Care to elaborate?

Off the ball incident.....punched the portland player in the face, may have broken his jaw cant remember and knocked alot of teeth out. The doctor said his face ressembled a car accident, he missed a whole season from the injury and had to have surgery.

Well guess I'll see him when we play Penola. Sounds like one to watch.

Bad start for the boys from Frances, Goroke, Minimay and every farm inbetween. We'll get better. First Goroke game of the year for us, against Kybybolite, and by all reports we play that oval well.

Kyby took East Gambier to an independent tribunal to try and get Carl Slape out of his contract. Denied. Talk is that Kelvin Cook and Scott Carberry will be missing on the weekend.

bulldogsbark

Senior List
Apr 12, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well guess I'll see him when we play Penola. Sounds like one to watch.

Bad start for the boys from Frances, Goroke, Minimay and every farm inbetween. We'll get better. First Goroke game of the year for us, against Kybybolite, and by all reports we play that oval well.

Kyby took East Gambier to an independent tribunal to try and get Carl Slape out of his contract. Denied. Talk is that Kelvin Cook and Scott Carberry will be missing on the weekend.

Kyby just wont let up with this carl slape saga. Does kyby not understand the meaning of a contract. Do they not have players under contract???
Bordertown have cement themselves as a real contender this year with thumping naracoorte. Should be a good hit out this weekend with mundulla defending their 15 year unbeaten record against bordertown. Looking at the clearances it seems penola are still recruiting.
Top 5 could be interesting with 10 out of the 11 clubs looking fairly competetive.

bulldogsbark

Senior List
Apr 12, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just had a look at borders next 3 games. Kyby, keith and penola. All good sides if borders dont win atleast 2 of these games their finals campaign is over.

Bordertown's destruction of Naracoorte amazed me. Was at the club after the Mundulla game when one bloke got texted the score and the Roosters were 90 points up. No-one could believe it.

Naracoorte had a few out but still.

League wide- hard to guage whether Kingston have improved or if Lucindale have dropped off. Four goal win to the Roos over the team from the seaside on the weekend. Tim Richards seems to have put some competitiveness into Kingston. Which is good- he's a good bloke and don't mind seeing him having a good run.

Just had a look at borders next 3 games. Kyby, keith and penola. All good sides if borders dont win atleast 2 of these games their finals campaign is over.

Well there is one of the wins.

Just held off a fast-finishing Kyby at Goroke- is a pretty happy hunting ground for us.

We lost our first ruck, Naylor, in the first minuted of the game. With the more athletic McWaters playing B grade, big 18 year old Sam Nott took the majority of the ruck in just his second game.

We had no bench left in the last quarter and looked like Kyby were going to steal it but Saunderson goaled to steady. Kyby kicked one more goal but the siren went at the next centre bounce.

Borders 14.12 (96)
Kyby 13.12 (90)

HooRooGuru

Draftee
May 18, 2012
SoutEast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well Penola beat us.

Jarrod Ryan had his jaw broken in q1. Karma has a funny way of working. The bloke who "fixed him up" has now broken two opposition jaws this season. Glad I don't have to play against him. I like my face how it is.

I wouldtn't be to worried about playing against him. Anyone can go around hitting blokes in the head! Not sure its someone the league needs or wants playing. Not a good look for the KNTFL.

Hoffman

Debutant
Apr 4, 2012
Mt Gambier
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Heard border districts future is looking pretty grim - few kids at the club, majority of the reserves are well past retirement age and their seniors are mostly made up of non local players - naracoorte, adelaide etc

I wouldtn't be to worried about playing against him. Anyone can go around hitting blokes in the head! Not sure its someone the league needs or wants playing. Not a good look for the KNTFL.

It was a bump that got him high by accident. The Penola player in question is a dirtier player than JZ. Like him or not, I doubt you'd see Zuener hitting a kid, or resorting to kicking an opponent. He'll hit you hard, but from what I've seen he's above that.

Heard border districts future is looking pretty grim - few kids at the club, majority of the reserves are well past retirement age and their seniors are mostly made up of non local players - naracoorte, adelaide etc

Not looking good at the moment but this is a pretty narrow-minded view0 especially regarding the number of locals.

Yes there are few kids at the club- but when you look at it, Frances (where the team is mostly based) isn't that big a town. There just simply isn't enough kids in the area to fill a junior colts team (the school there has just over 20 kids). Most of the kids in Goroke play in the Horsham league because there is less travel than if they play in the KNTFL for Borders.

The reserves side (of which I am one) has three players past retirement age footy wise (M. Bull, S. Charlton and J. Bowden) and one that is on the older end of the scale (H. Wearne). The rest are players like me who aren't good enough for A grade, or young kids just out of colts.

the seniors had two players from Adelaide play on the weekend (King and Burr) and that will most likely continue for the rest of the year until Hirst gets back. Naracoorte is local- there are only a certain amount of people who can live on the farms around Frances and Minimay and Naracoorte and Bordertown are the two closest centres with more housing and employment.

Back