Syria, r u all idjits?

Remove this Banner Ad

Soros? I thought this was a CIA, MI5, French spook regimie changey thingie, Soros usually goes the colour coded revoluions in his favourite swach from Taubmans that his wive picks out for their drawing room.

he finances these democracy groups in the first place.
he works hand in hand with democratic countries to create upheaval and then they bpmb thaat country into submission.

just real caring people

I know where Soros seeks change from shorting GBP, re:democracy. I just thought it was colour coded movements in the former soviet bloc. Not the ME. Certainly Soros is wise enough, to know of how Sykes Picot still plays out, and the tribal culture of the ME, which may not axiomatically be responsive to a Westminster style democracy for the first epoch this millenium.

I myself dont have the answers however, and not criticising from this position of expertise.

I know where Soros seeks change from shorting GBP, re:democracy. I just thought it was colour coded movements in the former soviet bloc. Not the ME. Certainly Soros is wise enough, to know of how Sykes Picot still plays out, and the tribal culture of the ME, which may not axiomatically be responsive to a Westminster style democracy for the first epoch this millenium.

I myself dont have the answers however, and not criticising from this position of expertise.

Libyans have found a home, Syrians have at this point quite adeptly dealt with the same inflitration that saw Libya fell, but then had Nato bombed syria into submission and allowed western special forces to operate, it would of been different.

But Assad will be pissed as are the libyans and there supporters, Kagame was first backed by Ghaddafi and we be nice to him cause we don't like China getting a leg up here.

what a wicked web we weave.

When I first read these were old Iraqi fighters of Zarqawi (in libya /syria), I looked at what that guys legacy in Iraq achieved. First thing was to chase the UN and the unsponsored press out of Iraq. Wikileaks has since showed that that benifeted the Americans/blackwater and not the forces loyal to Saddam.Americans have not exacly invited Wikileaks to dinner like Rupert Murdoch..

They got half of sudan, they had to flatten lebenon and that will come back to haunt us.

Iraq is possibly worse that anything since the burning times, afganistan will hurt as the have strong ties to pakistani's and diplomacy with them and india who both are still building nukes will be forever challanging.evidently alot of the food producing areas of pakistan is being cut off by indian dams.

Bashar is no fool or is the the signifacant support Mumur had before his murder.

We still suffer the consequences of the 1950-53 conflict in korea, i feel that that will pale into insignifacnce compared to these ones.

if these guys ever run of oil they are gonna be pissed.

They are/we are phuqing with civilisations with proven staying power, something we are yet to prove and those civilastins never took it as far as we are...

Some interesting viewing...

Here is a YouTube site that presents a Sunni take on the Arab Spring. On Syria, it is anti-Assad, and in the multipart series it has produced it sees the Arab Spring as the first step in the reestablishment of the Caliphate. Someone like Assad, who is a secularist Alawite (non-Sunni), is not going to get much love here. It is an interesting series nonetheless, giving perspectives on all the countries in the region and globally:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EnterTheTruth

On the opposite side, here are two pro-Assad YouTube sites that give stories you're not likely to see in the mainstream, generally anti-Assad Western media. Warning, there is some disturbing footage in these:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SyriaTruthNetworkEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/TruthSyria

Here is a YouTube site that presents a Sunni take on the Arab Spring. On Syria, it is anti-Assad, and in the multipart series it has produced it sees the Arab Spring as the first step in the reestablishment of the Caliphate. Someone like Assad, who is a secularist Alawite (non-Sunni), is not going to get much love here. It is an interesting series nonetheless, giving perspectives on all the countries in the region and globally:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EnterTheTruth

Lionel! You are very naughty to post up videos from Crackpot Productions. Are you trying to do Blackcat's head in? Well .. anymore than its already done.

On the opposite side, here are two pro-Assad YouTube sites that give stories you're not likely to see in the mainstream, generally anti-Assad Western media. Warning, there is some disturbing footage in these:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SyriaTruthNetworkEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/TruthSyria

Bashar and Mrs Bashar are a wonderfully modern couple :D

Lionel! You are very naughty to post up videos from Crackpot Productions. Are you trying to do Blackcat's head in? Well .. anymore than its already done.

Bashar and Mrs Bashar are a wonderfully modern couple :D

touche

Well, I am more than happy to see him go. But as long as there is not an internicine conflic that ensues. You might make the point there is, there is now.

Yeah, and who fomented that. No outside influences? No Sunni states, and the French and the Brits and the Turks and the Yanks. Hezbollah are the only ones in their corner, well, I assume Iran are, but they have their own probs.

destabilise for stability.

this is grand imperial strategy geopolitics as a game of jenga :D

Foreign Policy mag
Who Broke Syria?
Bashar al-Assad did. But the international community and the media made things worse.

repressive state indeed, but what is the real story eh? this is an article that is empathetic to the rebels, but parses propaganda and fact, albeit, by a western journalist, which in itself, skews the prism being unable to see the conflict as a native with all the nuance and shade

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/04/17/who_broke_syria
In December, the Syrian National Council seems to have made an orchestrated effort to turn Homs into a Syrian Benghazi -- the eastern Libyan city whose imminent destruction by Muammar al-Qaddafi's forces provided the catalyst that sparked the international intervention in Libya last year. The council spread stories in the international media, for example, suggesting that the Syrian Army had moved up reinforcements with which to strike the city, and that it had given the rebellious Homsies 72 hours to lay down their weapons or be killed. When I phoned a respected veteran activist in Homs, he told me that the charge simply wasn't true. Things were bad enough, he said, without having to make up scary stories. In retrospect, by leaning on precedents within international law rather than the force of its own movement, the exiled Syrian opposition seems to have aimed to exaggerate the civilian losses in the city into the claim of genocide in order to push buttons within the international community.

Much the same applies to the international media. Beginning in late December, Western journalists fanned out, under the coat-tails of Arab League observers, to find the "war story." They duly met members of the Free Syrian Army, and came back pleased as punch with pictures of masked, professional-looking soldiers wielding rocket-propelled grenades. In the short term, the result was a propaganda coup for both the journalists and the Free Syrian Army. As soon as the media departed, however, the government forces moved in to kill or capture many of these guerrilla fighters, whose implicit claim that they could control territory for any length of time turned out to be dangerously hollow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GJ, this appropriate to put on a Valentines for Kiss Steph? Or we getting into Slipper harassment territory?

561803_10150686350116570_615271569_9980219_1589488094_n.jpg

I can't be bothered reading the entire thread, so maybe you can enlighten me, Jane. What should be done about Syria?

Waiting with bated breath.

If you bothered to read the entire thread, you might understand when I say just let Assad get on with it, as his father did. Get it over with quickly and move on.

All we are seeing is what would have happened in Libya and Kosovo if US and Nato hadn't intervened and what we did see in Iraq 1991 when they didn't. Also what we saw in Bosnia until they did.

Bad luck for the Syrians they were last cab off the rank in so-called Spring.

If you bothered to read the entire thread, you might understand when I say just let Assad get on with it, as his father did. Get it over with quickly and move on.

All we are seeing is what would have happened in Libya and Kosovo if US and Nato hadn't intervened and what we did see in Iraq 1991 when they didn't. Also what we saw in Bosnia until they did.

Bad luck for the Syrians they were last cab off the rank in so-called Spring.

Let Assad get on with it??

Sigh....why am I not surprised Jane. I guess somethings never change. Still taking delight in watching innocent muslims murdered I see.

And yes...I'm back. Though it may be temporary....I suspect my indefinate banning from these boards from Chief has been dropped during the software upgrade

Let Assad get on with it??

Sigh....why am I not surprised Jane. I guess somethings never change. Still taking delight in watching innocent muslims murdered I see.

And yes...I'm back. Though it may be temporary....I suspect my indefinate banning from these boards from Chief has been dropped during the software upgrade

Fantastic to see you posting again :thumbsu: :thumbsu: A lot of water under bridge since the old days, eh? Got any children yet? What do you think about Egypt? Have you been voting there?

And, as to your comment, be assured I was being sarcastic. Nato/US should be getting rid of Assad regime like they did Milosevic, Saddam, Gaddhafi. Also Iranian regime.

And, as to your comment, be assured I was being sarcastic. Nato/US should be getting rid of Assad regime like they did Milosevic, Saddam, Gaddhafi. Also Iranian regime.

Any other regimes you want to overthrow? Maybe the US and Nato can go through Africa displacing authoritarian regimes. Damn it, why stop there? Latin America, Asia, Central America...

And of course the American public, after years of being embroiled in Iraq and Afghanistan, will embrace another war or three. After all, what could possibly go wrong?

Also agree that in their busy regime-change schedule they shouldn't forget about Iran. Pretty sure they can squeeze in regime change there between 1.25pm (Syria) and 2.10pm (Guatemala). Done!

This foreign policy s**t is dead easy.

I was called crazy for suggesting such a thing in another thread, but it appears to me, to be exactly whats going on. AlQaeda and Hamas were born out of the Muslim Brotherhood, they have front groups right through out the US and members employed by the US gov.

The group's belief, the Quran and Sunnah constitute a perfect way of life and social and political organization that God has set out for man. Islamic governments must be based on this system and eventually unified in a Caliphate. The Muslim Brotherhood's goal, as stated by Brotherhood founder Hassan al-Banna was to reclaim Islam's manifest destiny, an empire, stretching from Spain to Indonesia.

In one of those vids you linked, one about the Caliphates, the guy talks about then getting a Khalifah.

khalifah - the civil and religious leader of a Muslim state considered to be a representative of Allah on earth; "many radical Muslims believe a Khalifah will unite all Islamic lands and people and subjugate the rest of the world"

Sounds like fun.

Egyptian Cleric Safwat Higazi: Muslim Brotherhood Presidential Candidate Will Liberate Jerusalem

I was called crazy for suggesting such a thing in another thread, but it appears to me, to be exactly whats going on. AlQaeda and Hamas were born out of the Muslim Brotherhood, they have front groups right through out the US and members employed by the US gov.

What is wrong with muslims wanting to live in an Islamic state, under Islamic law.

The jews can have a Jewish state, why can't we have an Islamic one (and please, don't tell me that Saudi Arabia is an Islamic state.....pfft!)

In one of those vids you linked, one about the Caliphates, the guy talks about then getting a Khalifah.

khalifah - the civil and religious leader of a Muslim state considered to be a representative of Allah on earth;

Just like the pope, who the religous and civilian leader of the Vatican (a Catholic state), who is also considered the representative of God on earth.

"many radical Muslims believe a Khalifah will unite all Islamic lands and people and subjugate the rest of the world"

Sounds like fun.

That is just nonsense, the Islamic caliphate existed for 1300 years...we did not 'subjugate the rest of the world' as you put it. In fact, quite the opposite.

Whereas it is the west that IS subjugating the rest of the world, even as we speak.

Egyptian Cleric Safwat Higazi: Muslim Brotherhood Presidential Candidate Will Liberate Jerusalem

And this is a bad thing????

Fantastic to see you posting again :thumbsu: :thumbsu: A lot of water under bridge since the old days, eh? Got any children yet? What do you think about Egypt? Have you been voting there?

Yeah, it has been a while. Yeah...3 kids keeping me busy. :)

Alas Egypt....well we'd need a whole thread on that. Needless to say, not is all as it seems, but getting rid of Mubarak was a great thing.

And I do agree that Assad is an animal and must go. Yes there is a lot of propaganda, and of course all nations are manouvering to there own agenda's, as they always do, but the fact is that the Assad regime has for years oppressed its own people,and before that the Lebenese people.

The Alawi's (actually they are known as the Nasarra...they were named Alawi by the french puppet masters who put them in power, in order to gain acceptance from the Sunni majority) are a devient sect who even the Shi'ite reject.

They do not pray, they do not fast, they do perform pilgramige, in fact, they are about as muslim as the Branch Davidians were Christian.

They literally pray to Assad (yes, literally, there are You tube video's which show Syrian soldiers praying to a frame of Assad, chanting 'La Ilah Ila Assad (There is no God but Assad).

As you know, I am as anti west as most, however, in this case....Assad must be removed, and it is sad reflection that he is allowed to act with continual impunity.

Just a quick investigation into the Shabiha and who they are should educate those ignorant to Assad and the Alawi's ways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back