roobear

Premiership Player
Nov 8, 2001
beneath the blue & white
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brooklyn Nets
Just flicked over to League One, and what do you know. Sheffield Wednesday are 3-0 up against Oldham. I don't know what distresses me more: the fact that the Latics are getting smashed, or just how FRICKEN GOOD SW's uniform looks with ROYAL BLUE SHORTS!!!!

The Chiefton

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Just flicked over to League One, and what do you know. Sheffield Wednesday are 3-0 up against Oldham. I don't know what distresses me more: the fact that the Latics are getting smashed, or just how FRICKEN GOOD SW's uniform looks with ROYAL BLUE SHORTS!!!!

Norwich... **** me dead.

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well Heath, why were we permitted to wear our blue shorts against the Giants but not against Essendon? No need to explain mate. The answer is that the AFL is run by a bunch of imberciles. Some asswipe is simply trying to justify their job by making idiotic decisions just for the sake of looking busy. There was no good reason for us to be forced to wear white shorts against the Dons. If any of these clowns that work for the AFL ever visit Cuba I will line them up in front of a firing squad.:mad:

Start with Anderson please :cool:

This is a minor thing at the end of the day, but its not the "white shorts" thats the issue. Just the total stuipidy of the AFL pretending they have a "policy" which is basically applied with no logic and ignored when Pies etc are involved.

The strip looked much better on Sat - will be interesting to see what happens against Geelong!

ps: Macgarnacle, you say there has never been a home shorts rule being in dark colours, then explain in a later post that dark colours became the home via default because white was automatically away? Hence my original point that NMFC APPEARS the away team when we wear white shorts which is frustrating for many members..... :thumbsu:

grimface_87

Premiership Player
May 27, 2008
Melbourne territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The strip looked much better on Sat - will be interesting to see what happens against Geelong!

It will be either:

NorthMelbourne2away.png
Geelong3Clash-1.png

or

NorthMelbourne3away.png
Geelong2Away-1.png

I imagine these will be the only 2 combos from now on when we play Geelong

Images from gava93's thread

Missing The 90s

All Australian
Apr 26, 2009
Ainsworth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sunshine Heights
I'd like to retract my earlier comment about the AFL using common sense regarding uniform. There is absolutely no consistency and it seems some clubs are above the 'rules' (whatever they may be).

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It will be either:

NorthMelbourne2away.png
Geelong3Clash-1.png

or

NorthMelbourne3away.png
Geelong2Away-1.png

I imagine these will be the only 2 combos from now on when we play Geelong

Images from gava93's thread

Nice one mate. I think we played in all blue socks with the white shorts/guernsey in week 1........so I reckon that might be the strip again.

Who knows with the AFL though! :cool:

LT Smash

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2011
Ogdenville
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nice one mate. I think we played in all blue socks with the white shorts/guernsey in week 1........so I reckon that might be the strip again.

Who knows with the AFL though! :cool:

Yes it makes perfect sense that we would have the all blue socks if they have hooped socks and for that reason, it won't happen like that.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
White shorts for home games ; I think thats gone the way of place kicks and caps. Its just Lights and darks now.

North like us , have a high percentage of white so we will quite often will be classified the "light" team. I think we have had White shorts in all our GF's so I have become accustom to it.

Have to say those to NM strips above are classy , and superior to any other strip I have seen or played you in. For mine I think we could learn from your "dark strip" Id like to the front of our to remain the same but use the all navy back with white numbers. To me Geelong is Hoops.. end of story. Anything else is not a Geelong jumper. It wouldn't surprise me if you feel the same way about your stripes.

White shorts for home games ; I think thats gone the way of place kicks and caps. Its just Lights and darks now.

North like us , have a high percentage of white so we will quite often will be classified the "light" team. I think we have had White shorts in all our GF's so I have become accustom to it.

Have to say those to NM strips above are classy , and superior to any other strip I have seen or played you in. For mine I think we could learn from your "dark strip" Id like to the front of our to remain the same but use the all navy back with white numbers. To me Geelong is Hoops.. end of story. Anything else is not a Geelong jumper. It wouldn't surprise me if you feel the same way about your stripes.

Hear hear. And strongly. It took five years but the inverted stripes jumper is here to stay. So good. Geelong should follow suit.

LT Smash

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2011
Ogdenville
AFL Club
North Melbourne

And yet, your team wore navy blue shorts on Monday while Hawthorn wore white, just to underline the AFL's policy on the run processes. Does anyone in there know what they're doing?

If Heath is still following the thread- is there any reason why Geelong and Collingwood were allowed to wear dark shorts and we werent?
Or do we just accept that the AFL's policy applies to us only.
If they said it applies to North directly well fair enough. But it seems were the only club who are being made an example of.
Anyone from the club give a stuff?

roobear

Premiership Player
Nov 8, 2001
beneath the blue & white
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brooklyn Nets
And yet, your team wore navy blue shorts on Monday while Hawthorn wore white, just to underline the AFL's policy on the run processes. Does anyone in there know what they're doing?

Yep. Richmond and Hawthorn both wore white shorts against teams that have half-white guernseys. Dead set making it up as they go along.

I didn't even care about the shorts until this weekend, now the blatant inconsistency of the whole thing is doing my head in!

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
ps: Macgarnacle, you say there has never been a home shorts rule being in dark colours, then explain in a later post that dark colours became the home via default because white was automatically away? Hence my original point that NMFC APPEARS the away team when we wear white shorts which is frustrating for many members..... :thumbsu:

When did I say that there was never a home short rule when I have stated that there had been in fact a shorts rule since 1924? I said clubs had to adopt black/coloured shorts into their home strip because they had no choice.......it has been the rule since 1924 that the home match-day team wear black/coloured shorts and the away match-day team wear white shorts. Did you know that ESS & GEE both had white home shorts with their current guernseys before this rule came into effect? White was a more expensive colour to use back then and these two clubs in particular would use it to boast about their status. Even Footscray's main shorts in the VFA prior to their admittance to the VFL was white. However the policy change forced them and every other club in the VFL to wear black at home and white away. Black was every home club's home shorts until the 60s!! I don't know what NM had prior to 1925 but as the rule was already in effect, NM wore black shorts with the royal blue jersey and white V (as that was the guernsey up until 1933) at home on entry to the league, and white shorts away. Due to such a policy being in effect for over 80 years, it's become accepted and expected that every club's main strip has black or coloured shorts and never white even though the rule has been relaxed.

Thanks to Taz and his quoting of the recent AFL policy (which I hadnt originally read and apologised about), I've learnt that the policy has supposedly changed whereby the colour of the shorts in any match now considers whether one of the teams already has white or has more white in their strip, ahead of any home & away status. I agree with you guys that it's an absolute cop out as since then, their have been two separate cases where this rule has not been applied consistently by the AFL. RIC wore white shorts as the away team against COL when the latter already has white in their strip, and also, HAW wore white shorts as the away team against GEE when the latter is already predominantly white.

AFL policy with regard to match-day strips is a farce. I have never argued otherwise and with this instance of inconsistent application of policy, nothing has changed.

My suggestion about NM adopting white shorts in its main strip is with regard to the development that the long-standing shorts rule has been relaxed. Although the current AFL policy quoted by Taz will still restrict some teams from adopting white shorts into their main home strip if they chose to, NM would not be one of them. Besides, the white guernsey with the royal blue stripes, white shorts and solid blue socks looks great IMO. It will be accepted by the AFL as a home strip, and it will allow NM to be one of very few clubs to require a change to their strip from week-to-week as the overwhelming majority of clubs still insist on using black/coloured shorts. The only other kits this combination is similar to is GEE, COL (due to the pies still having a fair chunk of white in their home guernsey) and SYD (once again due to a large amount of white in their home guernsey). In these cases, NM could wear a predominantly royal blue strip featuring a version of the their original VFL guernsey, royal blue shorts and socks in away games. The predominantly royal blue-white striped guernsey is not NM, and is really following in the footsteps of COL. I would've thought the kangas would want to avoid heading in that direction.

Richmondson wore white shorts against Geelong at Sleepy Hollow last Sunday. Why we wore white shorts against Essendon is beyond me? The only conclusion I can draw is that the AFL is run by a bunch of ****wits and I don't think that is very fair. :stern look

fuego

Senior List
May 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Maybe North need to wear their inverted away uniform with the blue shorts for all their home games.
And the home jumper and white shorts for all their away games, just a thought.

Back