Portfolio Logo Inspiration - Winter T20 Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 20, 2000
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi Footy Graphics Board,

Long term admirer of your work here! I'm not just grovelling, but genuinely I am constantly impressed by the designs that you guys all put up on this board. It's great stuff.

I'm wondering if anyone would like a new little challenge?
I run a Winter Twenty20 cricket competition in QLD each year. This year I want to give the comp a bit more flare and "colour" by giving all sides a logo of some description and maybe create a bit more connection to each side.
Would anyone like to create some logos for the 6 sides in our competition? These would be genuinely used by real teams. If anyone has any interest in creating some concepts I would be truly grateful!
The teams in our competition are as follows:

• RCRC Oranges (colour - Fluro Orange)
  • Gateway Gnu's (colour - Fluro Pink)
  • Victoria Point (colour - Green)
  • Bulli's XI (colour - Yellow)
  • Cleveland Saints - (colours - Green and Blue)
  • Salvos XI -

Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks for your time guys...

One suggestion I'd make: come up with a standard shape all the logos should be. Oval, round, shield, rhombus, whatever. As it's a small comp and all teams are having logos for the first time, give it some uniformity, I reckon it enhances the idea. :thumbsu:

One suggestion I'd make: come up with a standard shape all the logos should be. Oval, round, shield, rhombus, whatever. As it's a small comp and all teams are having logos for the first time, give it some uniformity, I reckon it enhances the idea. :thumbsu:
Great suggestion! At this stage I don't mind what the shape was, but uniformity does make sense...

If we get more than one for any side I'll put them to a vote with each of the sides to decide which to go with.

Took a stab at two of them.

RCRCOranges.png

ClevelandSaints-1.png

Decided on a hexagon as it's a six-team competition, plus it's something different that hasn't been done to death (ovals!).

Also wanted the Saints logo not to look like St Kilda or New Orleans or similar. It's basic, and someone might want to do a better version.

Am at work at the moment - will post the blank hexagon when I get home.

gnus1.gif

First crack at a gnu. I was going for a Chicago Bulls esque front-on... does need work though.

vicp1.gif

That (ever so slightly phallic) shape is, near as I can tell from a map, Victoria Point itself. Might benefit from some random generic cricket imagery in there.

I think the Vic pt one works ok without any cricket influence. A nice clear logo that represents the territory, nice...

Do you get many games rained out.

Because we're in QLD, winter is actually the dry season so we get more games than the summer comp does

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just go with red as it hasn't been used yet. No need for a second colour.

The bell is OK... but a cannon or battleship would be better, as in "firing a salvo".

It could be captained by a guy called Salvatore... Salvo for short.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back