Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2011
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool F.C., LAL
Wow, so many points of fail in that story Swallow.

Question, why did you not call after you first hooked up with her?

To be honest I'm not entirely sure. She was well known in the area because of her looks (and the fact that she had been in a relationship for several years and was newly single, so any guy that knew of her was discussing her), I guess even after hooking up with her numerous times I was still slightly intimidated. Though I think the fact that I didn't contact her is the reason she was so keen the next time she saw me, I doubt she was/is used to that sort of nonchalance from someone she has picked up.

The fact that I didn't just go to the club with her, or organise where/when to meet up before my phone died & forgot to turn my phone back on for several hours, is just some of the dumbest sh*t I've ever done. :eek:

Epic_Fail_by_thepaintrain.jpg

Prem87

Cancelled
10k Posts
Dec 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Start flirting with her again, but put all the blame on her in a fun way..tell her "you had your chance with me" etc..

Sep 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Though I think the fact that I didn't contact her is the reason she was so keen the next time she saw me, I doubt she was/is used to that sort of nonchalance from someone she has picked up.
I think your definatly right about that. Thats why I was wondering if you strategicly did it or there was other reasons.

How close is this mate that she dated? All may not be over. There is clearly attraction there, so you could still be half a chance ( as long as you dont mind hooking up with a mates ex).

Would love to see this go from a story of fail to a story of redemption :)

Jun 20, 2011
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool F.C., LAL
I think your definatly right about that. Thats why I was wondering if you strategicly did it or there was other reasons.

How close is this mate that she dated? All may not be over. There is clearly attraction there, so you could still be half a chance ( as long as you dont mind hooking up with a mates ex).

Would love to see this go from a story of fail to a story of redemption :)

Not super close, but I'm closer with his brother. Like a big group of boys - all went to Bali together etc - so not sure if it would step on any toes or not. She has a bf now who was a year or two above me at school, and is a complete and utter f*ckwit. If anything happens there (if she realises he is a drug-riddled twat) I'll send her a cheeky message similar to what was suggested above and reignite it. I'm seeing a gorgeous girl atm though so it's not the end of the world, though it will always annoy me if I don't sort her out at some point in the future.

Jul 23, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So...

I walked up to start a conversation with this beautiful woman on the weekend. Before I even open my mouth she tells me in no uncertain terms to "**** off!".

I tried to reply "Did you even know what I was going to say?" but got to "Did yo.." before she says it again.

"**** off!"

I've never been so confused. It wasn't even embarrassed confused, just straight up "Did that just happen?" confused.

Sep 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
So...

I walked up to start a conversation with this beautiful woman on the weekend. Before I even open my mouth she tells me in no uncertain terms to "**** off!".

I tried to reply "Did you even know what I was going to say?" but got to "Did yo.." before she says it again.

"**** off!"

I've never been so confused. It wasn't even embarrassed confused, just straight up "Did that just happen?" confused.

Did you try hitting her?

Seriously though dont think twice about it man. As deeman said she was most likely just shitty about something else.

Apollo2011

Cancelled
Aug 21, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
You wouldn't consider a mate's ex off limits?

Didn't see this.

Have actually gone there before - we only lasted 6 months, compared to their 1. She's now dating a third mate, has been for 2-3 years.

But at the time, it was s**t. All good now, but looking back I've learnt my lesson.

Don't do it. If you do - got to be prepared to lose that friendship, and cop it from others, if they don't tell you to get lost as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 20, 2011
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool F.C., LAL
Didn't see this.

Have actually gone there before - we only lasted 6 months, compared to their 1. She's now dating a third mate, has been for 2-3 years.

But at the time, it was s**t. All good now, but looking back I've learnt my lesson.

Don't do it. If you do - got to be prepared to lose that friendship, and cop it from others, if they don't tell you to get lost as well.

If my mate was only with her for a month or two...then maybe. Though it lasted over a year between them, and ended really, really badly. So she isn't well liked amongst that group of boys these days. I doubt it would be looked upon in a good light if something happened, but it's a moot point as she's taken right now anyway. If anything further unfolds I will be sure to update GD.

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Depending on the dynamic between you guys you might not get an honest answer at all. I'm guessing it's very rare that someone is going to explicitly tell you in response to a direct question that they aren't happy with you having a crack at a girl you like.

Realistically, if you're asking the question, you're not going to listen to any answer you're given.

Having said that if you really like the girl in question you're better off telling your mate directly that you're interested, it's not personal and you won't be rubbing his nose in it whilst he's still hurting.

Good mates it's a bit different and can be very awkward if you have a lot of mutual friends and can't just let things cool down for period of time.

This s**t happens all the time though, and it's how you handle it that matters.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Hmm where do I start?

I was a fairly shy teenager, and still kind of am. Am still useless with female clues, but don't seem to have much trouble these days.

Anyway, I think it was year 9 or 10.

This girl started initiating conversation with me, and for a number of weeks we had been flirting. Talking each time we saw each other before going into class etc.

Anytime her friends and her walk past me, they would look and giggle etc etc. I found this pretty weird. :confused: Didn't do a whole lot for my awkwardness and so on.

Anyway, the conversations continued for a number of weeks. I didn't suspect a thing. I was pretty oblivious to anything happening in this class we shared as well.

One day the teacher got me to hand back tests to the class or whatever. Handing out the papers to those I knew in the class without calling out their names. It came to hers and I read out her name, as I didn't know it.

She gave me this laughing cringe as I handed her test back, and as I walked past to the next row of desks, I hear this laughing from her friends and her saying, "he doesn't even know my name!"

She was very very fine and she never spoke to me ever again.

Not even 4 years later when I got out of my car to help someone push theirs to safety. Unbeknownst to me it was her until I got to the car, and she did not say a word. Not even a thankyou. Just a point where she wanted the car to go. :eek:

And a shake of the head when I asked if she wanted me to wait or to do anything else. :eek:

Her disdain was still palpable. And she was even better in the looks department at this stage. Probably model quality.

Subsequently, I have never forgotten her name. :eek:

Nicely done, reminds me of the Seinfeld ep where Jerry is going out with a girl and he doesn't know her name, just knows that it rhymes with a part of the female anatomy :p

"...Mulva??"

MrNatural

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers
You wouldn't consider a mate's ex off limits?

Its a tough one.
One of my better mates through high school had a GF who was probably a 7-8.
Half way through Yr 12 he left school to pursue his WOW career, well thats all he did when he left anyways.
So, i started to become pretty good mates with his mrs'. We'd go out clubbing, hang out at school etc.
She was a total flirt, would sit on my lap all the time, give me kisses on the lips (more like the kiss you give your mother though) etc. Was a total tease, and i was keen to bang her, but she was with one of my best mates.
However, towards the end of yr 12, she got over his WOW obsession and they broke up after some 5 years.
So the door was wide open for me to deliver. But i just couldnt do it, she had cheated on him in the past, and i saw the way he reacted, and i knew deep down that it was the wrong thing.
I thought to myself, wait a year or two and let the dust settle.
I saw her pretty regularly over the next year or so. Waited for my time to pounce.
Then i find out shes moving up country way. Tried to get a piece before she left but she already had some other bloke on the go.
Now shes engaged with a baby.
Oh well

MrNatural

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers
Speak to your mate about it. He might not care at all

I had a mate who did the dirty on me.
I wasnt angry about what they did so much, i was just upset at the fact that were both secretive about it, and didnt tell me the truth.
I was the last to know also.
If youre keen on her, id maybe ask him about her. Maybe be subtle about it. Dont go straight to the topic, maybe just get a gauge of his feelings towards her, then go from there

Definitely depends on the relationship between you and your mate, as well as your/their personality, as well as how your relationship with the girl was.
I helped set up one of my mates with one of my exes, I didn't care at all. But if one went after another, I'd be pissed.

kfc1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 27, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Surely the only way to decide such things is a swordfight? He with the least piss on his jeans gets the girl.

Sep 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Definitely depends on the relationship between you and your mate, as well as your/their personality, as well as how your relationship with the girl was.
I helped set up one of my mates with one of my exes, I didn't care at all. But if one went after another, I'd be pissed.

Yep there are definatly a few factors to consider. The relationship between you and your mate is a big one.

Others include- How long he was with the girl. Who broke it off. And how serious was the realtionship.
For instance I wouldn't care if any of my mates hooked up with my ex-girlfriends. But there is one that is off limits and if any of the boys tried to hook up with her then it would be friendship over.

Best option is to be upfront with your mate first if your thinking of having a crack and only go there if your sure he doesn't care. You should know how your mate will feel about it anyway and know which ones are completly off limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back