If the Dee's cut their losses and traded Watts...Watts he worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Morrison was like Pick 18 odd and was no good. We held onto Fraser for a decade.:thumbsdown:

Fraser was ok, not worthy of being a #1 draft pick but he was ok. Forget about his last few years, from 2002-2007 he was pretty handy, and played some really good games for us.

I agree that the Dees have to realise they just suck at drafting, and to cut their losses. How many years has Cale Morton been on their list now? Clubs like the Cats, Pies and Blues would have cut that dead wood away years ago.

Dees hang onto their duds and hope they come good, and the club just sinks further into the s**t.

3/4 of their list needs to be chopped, and Watts is pretty close to being in that 3/4.

Child please.

Clearly I'm not at all engaging in such wild sweeping assertions about other clubs and players, while the lemming fraternity arrogantly continues to do so about Watts and about the Melbourne Football Club.

A fraternity which, judging by this post of yours, you appear to be either a member of yourself, or a fellow-traveller.

And we all know what happens to lemmings in the end.

Yeah you reach the door at the end and you complete the level :)

amigashot17.png

Wonaemarri33, clearly you simply do not want to debate this so let the rational football followers do that.

Yes, trading a young developing KPF after one below-par game is always so incredibly rational.

Would've traded Roughead after a couple of seasons too I'll bet :eek:

An amazing mixture of arrogance, projection and self-delusion, to say the least.

Yeah you reach the door at the end and you complete the level :)

amigashot17.png

Quite right. This being the Web, lemmings are, in fact, immortal.

I've got to pay that effort :thumbsu:
9KKE2.gif

Yes, trading a young developing KPF after one below-par game is always so incredibly rational.

Would've traded Roughead after a couple of seasons too I'll bet :eek:

An amazing mixture of arrogance, projection and self-delusion, to say the least.

Not really a valid comparison. Roughead drafted in '04, kicks 75 goals and wins a premiership in '08.

I can see why you're using the Tom Hawkins comparison. He's pretty much the only KPF who has taken a huge amount of time to come good. The rest of them all show their talent in their first 3-4 years.

Also, maybe chill out a bit. You've made 59 posts regarding Jack Watts, Hurley and Nic Nat today.

Roughead drafted in '04, kicks 75 goals and wins a premiership in '08.

And in his first two seasons, 6 goals, and 12 goals respectively.

Also, maybe chill out a bit. You've made 59 posts regarding Jack Watts today.

EFT. That point well taken - though bizarrely enough, even that number's merely been a drop in the ocean today :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawes for Watts, are you kidding??? and I dont even rate Dawes that highly.
I reckon the Dees would actually jump at that.

Lol.

Dawes is bulkier, but has half the talent.

If Wonna didn't support Melbourne, I'm sure he'd be helpful here in posting laugh.gif.

Irony lost on you?

Those two have been dropped as high profile players in recent memory.

Dal Santo was dropped by Lyon because he was setting an example that talent was not enough and intensity was needed in his eyes.

Goldstein was dropped last week with no questions asked.

But he HAS been in good form.

The point of the debate is that we need to make him realise just how good he can be. On exposed form, he's easily making the side - but we're doing ourselves a favour in the long run here by demonstrating that he is better than good.

Not so hard to understand.

I would offer Richmond's 1st round pick say around pick 10 and probably something else.
Watts will be a star. He has too much agility and athleticism combined with good skills that will make him a very dangerous forward.

That's a waste of a pick. I have never been impressed with Watts. He has shown me nothing.
Personally I don't think he will ever make it, that's not having a go at him - I think he's copped that enough, but I just can't see it happening.

MAYBE. Another club might be able to turn him around. But I would not offer up a first or second rounder for him (ok maybe a second rounder, in a weak draft).

LOL. Coxy's still the same old lovesick puppy, just as he ever was. Can't even remember being in a thread with him for Christ knows how long, but the carrot's still firmly wedged
ynHqp.gif

The point of the debate is that we need to make him realise just how good he can be. On exposed form, he's easily making the side - but we're doing ourselves a favour in the long run here by demonstrating that he is better than good.

But very easy to stick one's head in the sand and pretend otherwise, of course. So much proof of that lately.

If a player who's supposedly been playing good for 18 months gets dropped on the basis of one bad game then it's either

1) The match committee are way too harsh
2) He hasn't been in as good form as he's been perceived to be

Remove this Banner Ad

Back