MelbourneCrow

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Chelsea
Sorry Rebels but that 1st half you produced such utter shite I refused to watch the 2nd half. Some of the softest tries you will ever see conceded at this level!

I'll be at the next home game, despite the season being fkd now.

Lions1024

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Bossed 'em. Didn't deserve to be down @ halftime either tbh

It did help that the Cheat was penalised 4, yes 4 times in the second half. Thought he was going to cop a yellow at one point.

All legitimate too. First time i've seen a referee with the balls to penalize McCaw like a normal player. Probably should've gotten a yellow.

The win was very Sydney Uni like, great support play, great execution and most importantly great ball control. If Damien Hill continues to develop this team to the game-plan he wants the Rebels will be unstoppable in a couple of years (especially with no salary cap in place).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Santana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 28, 2008
Not a great game over all, really poor 2nd half by the Rebels but a clutch kick from Beale near the end got them over the line.

2 tries for Neville today. Big prospect.

toffeeAU

Rookie
May 20, 2012
NSW, Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton, Ford Performance Racing
Higginbotham a great signing for the Rebels.

Good result for them yesterday too. Loled when I think it was Inman or Mitchell tried to pull a Gerrard boomer from a penalty and missed touch by about 10 metres. Leave it to the pro's boys :p

Lions1024

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
How on earth was that disallowed try just before H/T not given? Where does the television ref think the ball went? :confused:

Bewildering to say the least. Reds should be filthy because the Rebels were clearly the better team. Worst thing about it as that SANZAR will most likely do nothing about it.

Sep 28, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
YNWA
Was talking to someone else on the board who hasn't seen the game and he seemed to think outside opinion was split 50-50 on it.

We were rope able at the ground.

The match officials were clowns though. Actually needed video ref to remind them of what Sanzar rules actually are at one point (ACT kicking out on full after taking ball back inside).

Clowns

Hasn't been an update in a while, and quite a bit has happened:
  • Stirling's retiring
  • Huxley's retiring
  • Lipman's retiring (citing concussion issues)
  • Delve has resigned for another year.
Surprised about Delve as I thought he was pretty close to signing onto a French club. Really pleased though as he's a great bloke and good player, thought he was robbed to not have been given an opportunity to play for Wales in the Melbourne test, especially given how he'd played against the Brumbies for them mid-week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back