The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reina(Think its time for him to come back)
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique (Hopefully Agger plays and shows he is gonna stay a Red)
Spearing Adam (Probably Gerrard off the bench in a risk free game)
Henderson Suarez Downing (Hendo and Stu on wings and Suarez playing a forward midfield role)
Carroll (Think BR will want to see what he has to work with, and prove his worth to the side)
Probably well off here but worth a crack!

Rumours you mean.

As your manager says, every player has a price. And no club can afford to give up as much as £18m on a player that is worth nothing in a club of years time.

Still boils down to if he wants to leave or not, and how far he is prepared to go to see it happen.

The £18m offer is as much a rumour as our supposed £25m price tag.

Also he's just tattooed Y N W A on his knuckles in the offseason, like I said - he's a different breed to most other footballers. He isn't going to another EPL club. If it was Barça coming for him with an offer in that £20-25m price range and the club told him they wanted to sell him then maybe he would agree to it, but I don't think Agger will ever accept a move to City. He'll sign a new contract with Liverpool, and all this speculation will give he and his agent more leverage to improve his terms. He'll be wearing the red #5 come September 1st.

The £18m offer is as much a rumour as our supposed £25m price tag.

Also he's just tattooed Y N W A on his knuckles in the offseason, like I said - he's a different breed to most other footballers. He isn't going to another EPL club. If it was Barça coming for him with an offer in that £20-25m price range and the club told him they wanted to sell him then maybe he would agree to it, but I don't think Agger will ever accept a move to City. He'll sign a new contract with Liverpool, and all this speculation will give he and his agent more leverage to improve his terms. He'll be wearing the red #5 come September 1st.
I hope soo!!
Whered you find out about him tattooed his knuckles YNWA??

Anybody want to have a stab at the 11?

1st game at Anfield, Rodgers will want to get off to a good start:

----------------Reina----------------
Johnson--Skrtel--Agger--Enrique
--------Henderson--Lucas---------
---------------Gerrard--------------
Downing------Borini-------Suarez

Shelvey, Sterling & Carroll to come off the bench.

Joe Allen to be paraded in front of the Anfield crowd before the game.

Anybody want to have a stab at the 11?

-----------------Reina----------------
Johnson---Skrtel---Agger---Enrique
Henderson-Spearing/Shelvey-Adam
Suarez----------Borini---------Carroll

bench: Gerrard, Kelly, Carragher, Downing, Lucas, Shelvey/Spearing

Not sure if Agger will play, if not replace him with Carragher or Kelly.

You can't just make a club pay what you want.

Of course you can, if the buying club wants the player badly enough. Spurs are doing it to Madrid with Modric, Arsenal did it to Barça with Fabregas and Swansea are doing it to us with Joe Allen right now.

You can't just make a club pay what you want.

O Rly? We told Chelsea it would be 15 million for Torres on top of whatever Newcastle wanted for Carroll, nek minnit

£35 Million
article-2174005-1413746A000005DC-207_468x286.jpg

£50 Million
sg4lzt.jpg

Of course you can, if the buying club wants the player badly enough. Spurs are doing it to Madrid with Modric, Arsenal did it to Barça with Fabregas and Swansea are doing it to us with Joe Allen right now.

Real haven't bought Modric, you haven't bought Allen and Barca got Cesc very cheaply.

As for the £18m bid I wouldn't have a clue if we've even bid at all. £18m is what I think he's worth,the club may have a different opinion.

Real haven't bought Modric, you haven't bought Allen and Barca got Cesc very cheaply.

As for the £18m bid I wouldn't have a clue if we've even bid at all. £18m is what I think he's worth,the club may have a different opinion.

Spurs are 'doing it' to Madrid, not 'have done it'. Allen will move to Liverpool and Swansea will get the £15m they're asking for, and Arsenal rejected a £27m offer before accepting a deal worth £35m for Fabregas, I wouldn't say Barca got him very cheaply at all. The point is, history is littered with examples of clubs who are not required to sell a player holding out for an amount well in excess of the actual value of that player. If the demand is high enough, even if theres only 1 or 2 clubs in the market, the selling club's valuation will be matched.

In any case, as I said previously, if Agger leaves Liverpool it will not be to Man City. My opinion is that the player's agent and the club are currently bluffing each other with Agger's agent shopping him out and the club acting as though they don't mind losing him to strengthen their respective positions as they negotiate a new contract for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spurs are 'doing it' to Madrid, not 'have done it'. Allen will move to Liverpool and Swansea will get the £15m they're asking for, and Arsenal rejected a £27m offer before accepting a deal worth £35m for Fabregas, I wouldn't say Barca got him very cheaply at all. The point is, history is littered with examples of clubs who are not required to sell a player holding out for an amount well in excess of the actual value of that player. If the demand is high enough, even if theres only 1 or 2 clubs in the market, the selling club's valuation will be matched.

And if the demand is not high enough, and the player wants to leave the selling club is left with a lame duck, or ends up losing a heap of money when he eventually leaves on the cheap or free in a year or two.

Spurs had the benefit of Modric being on a long term contract, but if they don't sell him this summer they will lose out in the end. Fabregas was extremely undervalued. We'll see on Allen.

In any case, as I said previously, if Agger leaves Liverpool it will not be to Man City. My opinion is that the player's agent and the club are currently bluffing each other with Agger's agent shopping him out and the club acting as though they don't mind losing him to strengthen their respective positions as they negotiate a new contract for him.

We'll see. I haven't followed it closely enough to have an opinion one way or the other.

Good looking team. reckon that's BR's first XI with maybe Shelvey out for Joe Allen?
Yeah it is, I think so too yeah maybe Shelvey bench and Allen in.

No it wasn't done last week, we have been negotiating over a price the whole time, until now if you believe what is being reported we have finally triggered the release clause of 15mil. Way to high imo.

No it wasn't done last week, we have been negotiating over a price the whole time, until now if you believe what is being reported we have finally triggered the release clause of 15mil. Way to high imo.
From good source it was agreed lazt week couldnt announce it till gb out of olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back