Amusing names

Remove this Banner Ad

funny-names-19.jpg

At one of the primary schools I attended there was a teacher called Barb Dwyer.

Did you get shocked by the revelation?

Did she have a high voltage teaching style?

Did she make sure everything she said was current?

Did any of the students get on the same wavelength?

She must've gotten a real buzz when offered the job.

I use to work for child products company. One set of twins were called benson and hedges.

There is a town on the victorian border called bearii and next to it is another town called mywee.

There is a blink town on the Snowy Mountains Hwy about 20 mins from Bega called Numbugga.

A few funny ones were on the Will & Woody Radio Show in Melbourne on Triple M. They asked for people to call if they knew someone who had a name that matched their job. Some good ones:

*Sue Ridge (Plumber)
*John Sink (Plumber)
*Dwayne Pipe (Plumber)
*Bloke in the army who had a last name Private. Unfortunately for him his rank was, you guessed it, Private
*Kan Kuk (Chef)

and from personal experience:

*Richard (Dick) Crapper - he's a doctor and gets announced as Dick Crapper
*Ben Dover

A mate from work's surname is Nicita. His brother's name is Paul. --> P. Nicita.

Also had a teacher at school named Dick Sargood.

Knew a guy named Ant Hill. He didn't get the joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few years ago a friend of mine, who is nearly 20 years older than I am, told me there once was a wrrestling referee named Mike Hunt.

According to my friend, he was once watching the wrestling on TV one day in the late 1970s, when colour television had only been around for a short time in Australia. He was watching the wrestling with some mates, and as a particular bout unfolded, Mike Hunt's name was uttered by one of the commentators.
Upon hearing this, a female friend who was watching, felt it necessary to exclaim, "Ooh, Mike Hunt's got red hair."

Saw a bloke in the telephone book called D. Boocock

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back