AFL Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm hearing Hawks have been playing indiscipline footy and some can't wait for the seasons conclusion!!

I stand to be corrected but my oil is better than the best extra virgin olive oil money can purchase :)

As for the 'Franchise'......LOL :D .

Win all your remaining games and you deserve to play finals. Problem you have is the easier run home the eagles and saints have.

Are you meaning Magpies have easier run home than Eagles & Saints or other way around?

If, and it's a big IF, Magpies were to win their last 5 games it's puts some pressure on 3 of the current top 4 teams as they would finish on 46pts.

Hawks will definitley finish in the top 4 with 2 byes , moranbah & Bakers left, if they did loose to Swans they will still finish on 54pts at worse but could slip to 3rd if Swans & Whitsunday get on a roll.

Swans have the toughest run home, Magpies twice plus Whitsunday , Hawks & Saints, Swans currently on 40pts will need to win atleast two more games to finish on 48pts, if win 4 should finish on top.

Saints should atleast finish on 44pts with a bye & Bakers twice yet to come so will need to beat either Whitsunday in Arlie or Swans at home to finish on more than 46pts

Whitsunday have Moranbah twice, swans, Magpies & Saints still remaining.
Currently on 36pts so need to win atleast 3 of those to finish above 46pts.

All the above hypertheticals & scenarios are based on Magpies winning their last 5 games & everyone beating Moranbah & Bakers.

Reagrdless of who makes the finals its definitley going to be an interesting finals series this year with all teams going in more optimistic to win the flag than to the past few years where its been a two horse race.

Big game this Saturday at Rogers Oval between the Swans & Whitsunday, Eagles need to win to if they aspire to finish top two & get the double chance.

The top four teams PH

This is just my opinion & obviously its biast towards the Magpies making the finals!

1.Hawks 58pts Hawks to win 3 of remaining games plus 2 byes.
2.Eagles 52pts Eagles to win 4 " ".
3.Magpies 46pts Magpies to win 5 " ".
4.Swans 44pts Swans to win 1 " ".
5.Saints 44pts Saints to win 2 " " plus 1 bye.

Swans get in on having a greater percentage.

Swans could finish on top or miss out, its going to be very interesting last 5 rounds, even if the top four is set, the double chance is up for grabs.

Most will think i'm dreaming & they are probably right!

PH, who was number 25 (wow face)?? Where did you get the guy Stubbe from, he played really well??

How many did you finish up slotting ya goal hungry pig?? I swear you were looking for team mates to ignore out there!!

PH, who was number 25 (wow face)?? Where did you get the guy Stubbe from, he played really well??

How many did you finish up slotting ya goal hungry pig?? I swear you were looking for team mates to ignore out there!!

Hungry Pig!!! l passed them off all day, to the goal umpire that is!

Yeah 25 goes alright, snagged him from Vic, if he starts kicking too many over my head i'll have a quite chat to the coach!

Big game this week Magpies v Swans.

Morning guys,

I am in the process of moving up QLD way next year from Victoria
I'll be living in or around Moranbah possibly. Maybe Mackey but more than likely not.

Wanting to get some info on the Mackay Comp.

What is the playing standard like?
I see that there is a team in Moranbah, but they are not overly competitive?

Would teams in Mackay allow for travel? eg. only train once a week or whenever possible?

Any info would be great!

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morning guys,

I am in the process of moving up QLD way next year from Victoria
I'll be living in or around Moranbah possibly. Maybe Mackey but more than likely not.

Wanting to get some info on the Mackay Comp.

What is the playing standard like?
I see that there is a team in Moranbah, but they are not overly competitive?

Would teams in Mackay allow for travel? eg. only train once a week or whenever possible?

Any info would be great!

Cheers

Hey Dallassoldier.

I am playing for moranbah this year after moving up from Brisbane. although the team has not won all its games it has been more than competitive in many. The Club is a good club and the blokes there are ones worth playing with. the playing group will only improve in the years to come and they would be as good a club as any to play with when moving up this way.

Hey Dallassoldier.

I am playing for moranbah this year after moving up from Brisbane. although the team has not won all its games it has been more than competitive in many. The Club is a good club and the blokes there are ones worth playing with. the playing group will only improve in the years to come and they would be as good a club as any to play with when moving up this way.

Thanks for the reply mate.

Did you play in Brisbane? How would you compare the Mackay Comp too leagues there?
I have been looking at the results for this year, do Moranbah struggle with numbers at away games?
And there is no reserves team?

Most of the guys that play do they live locally?

Sorry for the 20 questions!! ha.

Cheers

DS

Did you play in Brisbane?
Yeah i did play in Brisbane

How would you compare the Mackay Comp too leagues there?
This league is about on Par with Division 2 some stand out individuals here though.

I have been looking at the results for this year, do Moranbah struggle with numbers at away games?
Moranbah do struggle a bit with numbers on away games.

No reserves team mate only the seniors

Plenty of the players are locals however a couple come from Dysart which is about an hour off.

Cheers

DS

i hope those answers help a bit. The team will only get better with the amount of development that is happening at the moment. there are more people coming into town and i reckon by the start of next year there will be an extra 10 or so players interested in having a crack.

Did you play in Brisbane? How would you compare the Mackay Comp too leagues there?

Cheers

DS
Where Abouts are you currently playing in Victoria?

Prior to moving up in 2009 l played in a few Major & Minor leagues in Vic so l should be able to give you a standard comparison to the league your are playing in.

Two big games this week-

Swans v Saints @ Saints

Magpies v Eagles @ Harrup Park

If somehow the Magpies can manage to win they will move into 4th spot at the expense of the looser at Zeolla Park.

Hi, being from cairns I really do not know much of the happenings in the mackay league. Just wondering how the league is shaping for this years finals.
Also are there any clubs who maybe in the need of an overhaul, change of coach on the agenda??

They have second all sewn up so they dont need to bring down a full crew.

Possibly but l doubt they would want to loose to Magpies regardless although the desire might not be as high due to its not a must win game for Whitsunday opposed to Magpies situation.

Its looming to be an interesting final in 3 weeks time when 1st(Hawks) play 2nd(Whitsunday) to see who goes straight in to the Granny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back