Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Back in 94 when Brereton 'stood' on Tallis' head in pre season 'friendly' at glenferrie oval.

Brereton claims he didnt actually stand on tallis but ground his foot into the turf next to Tallis' head menacingly, after knocking the kid over (Tallis was a young player then) footage from one camera shows that claim could be true.

So not all offences have bigger penalties these days, just ask deisel who got 13 for pushing an umpire (who didnt get knocked over or anything)

Back in 94 when Brereton 'stood' on Tallis' head in pre season 'friendly' at glenferrie oval.

Brereton claims he didnt actually stand on tallis but ground his foot into the turf next to Tallis' head menacingly, after knocking the kid over (Tallis was a young player then) footage from one camera shows that claim could be true.

Where is this footage?
This is only footage I've seen -
You can see Brereton clearly stomp on his head at 1:54.

Sounds like a classic piece of hawthorn revisionist history to me.

Poor example. First, Brereton would have received multiple weeks for the slam tackle, then more weeks for the stomp on the head, so he would have ended up with more weeks these days.
Brereton and Minson's stomps are completely different in both force and area of the body.

Although, I do see your point as the MRP is very inconsistant so who knows how they would have rated Brereton's incident???

Where is this footage?
This is only footage I've seen -
You can see Brereton clearly stomp on his head at 1:54.

Sounds like a classic piece of hawthorn revisionist history to me.

You can't 'clearly' see that at all, and surely he could use the minson defence these days

PS thanks for the post. Not once did I see any player in that video doing the arms stratched out appeal to the umpires which is an epidemic among softkok players today.

They need to watch some of this and Man up

You can't 'clearly' see that at all, and surely he could use the minson defence these days

PS thanks for the post. Not once did I see any player in that video doing the arms stratched out appeal to the umpires which is an epidemic among softkok players today.

They need to watch some of this and Man up

Not on any sides here, but if you cant see that he clearly stood on his head from that footage you are blind.

In 94 Dermott was playing for the swans and Tallis was at hawthorn, so footage from a Essendon v Hawthorn game surely does not apply to the specific incident the op was talking about.

In 94 Dermott was playing for the swans and Tallis was at hawthorn, so footage from a Essendon v Hawthorn game surely does not apply to the specific incident the op was talking about.

So you didnt bother to actually watch it before commenting?

I remember at the time there was a second angle of the head stomp which showed that contact may not have actually been made. Though, going by that original footage it looks pretty clear. Tallis just got up and went about his business and I think most people, if having had their head trodden on, would have remonstrated. From memory Tallis also said at the tribunal that there was no contact, though that probably would have just been the 'unwritten tribunal rule'.

Poor example. First, Brereton would have received multiple weeks for the slam tackle, then more weeks for the stomp on the head, so he would have ended up with more weeks these days.
Brereton and Minson's stomps are completely different in both force and area of the body.

Although, I do see your point as the MRP is very inconsistant so who knows how they would have rated Brereton's incident???

283px-Darts_in_a_dartboard.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dermie put no weight on Tallis's head just looked like it, I found it funny and Im guessing Dermie thought that too no malice what so ever.

Whenever I hear someone praise the way the game is run today, Exhibit A for the counter-argument is the MRP. Joke.

Brereton has admitted. On numerous occasions. That he deliberately stood on Tallis' head.

If you think otherwise, you need help.

Brereton has admitted. On numerous occasions. That he deliberately stood on Tallis' head.

If you think otherwise, you need help.

Yes but he put no weight on it, anyone half coordinated would understand it was just for show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back