Eddie: Stress of coaching would kill Malthouse

Remove this Banner Ad

“It was for that reason only why we tried to work a transition that would satisfy Mick's drive and competitive nature, build on his magnificent contribution to the football club, and ease the day to day strain that was starting to tell on him.''

Yeah sure Eddie... nothing to do with Bucks waiting on the wings, and potential suiters wanting an interview. Obviously a lot more went into that decision, I don't know why Eddie would reduce it to something like this.

Earlier this year: "Mick would be a great fit for Carlton"

When likely to coach Carlton: "Mick couldn't handle senior coaching these days"

Oh Eddie.
In a nutshell.

McGuire has assumed the role held so long by Kennett as the president who shoots his mouth off before his brain (small as it is) is in gear.
I would suggest a lot of thought is going into his comments.

Can you imagine the backlash if Collingwood have an average finals series, MM and maybe Cloke end up at Carlton and Carlton win a flag before Collingwood under Bucks.

That would be a bitchslap to Ed and Collingwood of historical proportions. If Carlton do indeed pick up Malthouse, expect the media heat to be turned up to 11, especially if Collingwood make and early finals exit.

Can you imagine the backlash if Collingwood have an average finals series, MM and maybe Cloke end up at Carlton and Carlton win a flag before Collingwood under Bucks.

That would be a bitchslap to Ed and Collingwood of historical proportions. If Carlton do indeed pick up Malthouse, expect the media heat to be turned up to 11, especially if Collingwood make and early finals exit.

You know, I almost, and I say almost, want this exact scenario to happen.

But then Carlton would win a flag and even my hatred for Eddie and FIGJAM can't override my hatred for Carlton.

Yep there would be more than a few food vans being tipped over, the current Syrian crisis, the LA riots after Rodney King got a touch up from the police and the Cronulla Australia Day kebab festival, would pale into insignificance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just hope someone is there to record his reaction if it happens, his head could explode.

AqXJdhrCQAA-hoN.jpg:large

You know, I almost, and I say almost, want this exact scenario to happen.

But then Carlton would win a flag and even my hatred for Eddie and FIGJAM can't override my hatred for Carlton.

I am having similar conflicting thoughts! Very interesting times ahead.

Maybe those media barons in Sydney sacked Eddie for his own good.

Youre on the wrong side of politics Eddie. Sacking someone beasue you worry about thetr health is a liberal tory trait

Eddie is a child. He will not hesitate to take an irrational swipe at someone/anyone if it will keep the media focus on him. He goes around loudly proclaiming his love for Collingwood, but I for one don't buy it. I bet if the board at Collingwood instructed him to stay out of the media and refrain from public comment, he would be gone in a flash and off to the next thing that satisfied his enormous ego.

I would be embarrassed if Eddie was involved at my club and constantly shot his mouth off. I was so glad that Steve Harris just ignored his childish attacks on Fremantle during the Cloke media circus. When quizzed on the subject he simply laughed and dismissed Eddie as the joke that he is....

Dirty fighter.
You can take the boy out of Broady....
You can dress him up in $5000 suits....
You can buy him $1000 pairs of shoes.....
You can pay him so much he ends up with a pig's belly and an Irish whiskey nose.....
But you still can't take the Broady out of the boy.

If Collingwood face a Malthouse coached Carlton in next years finals series the pressure on FIGJAM will be unheard of. While funny, its difficult to pick a team to support and would both suck and blow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back