NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

I did agree with you but went into the AFL shop today and saw one in person- really like them. I'm still hoping on the one with the white panel on the front with our logo on that
Agree as well. Firstly the computer generated designs made the hats look terrible than the photos came and actually not bad. Really have to see the hats in person, very decent and not as 'American' as some are making it out to be.. AFL Stores have them now, depending on where but will order in the sizes and teams for you.

643955_428011150567286_227498521_n.jpg

People taking this like it's an assault on Australian values, it's a hat. Relax.
Yes I,m going off my planet . But gee we copy the Yanks don,t we?? Maybe our young Aussie culture(200 years) isn,t too interesting to younger people , or maybe old style Australian culture is disappearing. Now why doesn,t someone market
Australian bush hats with their teams all over it. I know its only a hat and I am finished on this subject now, but my games nearly vanished , and so,s my bloody hat.

Yes I,m going off my planet . But gee we copy the Yanks don,t we?? Maybe our young Aussie culture(200 years) isn,t too interesting to younger people , or maybe old style Australian culture is disappearing. Now why doesn,t someone market
Australian bush hats with their teams all over it. I know its only a hat and I am finished on this subject now, but my games nearly vanished , and so,s my bloody hat.
Look as much as I agree with you, its about selling to the youth market which affect the profits of the game at the present time. New Era caps at the moment are all the rage, no matter if you even go for the MLB team you wear, it's a fashion item much like jeans are. Add the opportunity for Australian youth to be fashionable whilst supporting their team everyday, it's a massive win win.

Now why doesn,t someone market
Fairly sure the main reason is they actually want to make money off a product, can't see "Australian bush hats" generating much excitement from a younger market who actually spend the money on this stuff... Baseball caps have been fairly popular for as long as I can remember the only thing that has changed is the curvature of the brim and the brand.

As a baseball fan this gives me the shits.
But it makes for a fun game to go up to someone wearing a team cap and asking them to name 5 players or ask how their teams going this year... At least with afl caps they might be able to name someone other than the star player.

The colour scheme looks great on a hat, that logo though looks horrendous... Really the logo best suited for this is Carlton sadly, followed by GWS although they could just by SF Giants gear anyway.
I actually prefer the logo, and think it could look better with a black brim.

These are the threee on the Geelong website
Don't mind the first but the G doesn't make me think Cats in any way
Love the retro one (best Cat we've had) but I don't want a snapback
G-CAP.jpg

BIG-CAT-2.jpg

SCRIPT.jpg

Went to the afl store at knox, dont have them, girl working their had no idea what i was talking aboit either. Got told they wont have any new style caps in until the current stock goes down. They only had the usual ad ridden hats some over a season old

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to the afl store at knox, dont have them, girl working their had no idea what i was talking aboit either. Got told they wont have any new style caps in until the current stock goes down. They only had the usual ad ridden hats some over a season old

Went there recently, saw that they have a Hawthorn labelled golf club bag in the front window.... who would buy an AFL related bag for their golf clubs ?

I just want to bend those caps so they have a natural curve, rather than looking flat and straight.

Went there recently, saw that they have a Hawthorn labelled golf club bag in the front window.... who would buy an AFL related bag for their golf clubs ?

I just want to bend those caps so they have a natural curve, rather than looking flat and straight.

Roll a tennis ball, baseball or cricket ball along the brim. Should get a nice even curve.

419249_497011583659696_247791398_n.jpg

Oh my Dawkins that hat looks awful. Why, oh why wouldn't they use the old shield? I'm continually gobsmacked at how awful our new logo looks. Revert to the classic logo Triggy. Revert!!!

Adelaide-logo-1991.gif

419249_497011583659696_247791398_n.jpg

Oh my Dawkins that hat looks awful. Why, oh why wouldn't they use the old shield? I'm continually gobsmacked at how awful our new logo looks. Revert to the classic logo Triggy. Revert!!!

Adelaide-logo-1991.gif
Didn't Triggy say it was used to attract the youth and that it would grow on supporters? Not sure if this has happened yet.

Yeah it has a sold sign on it now by the way so I guess somebody wanted it, had a Collingwood one too I think. But yeah don't go there expecting hats yet.

also, the Freo and Carlton ones look fantastic.
Assuming you aren't being sarcastic the common element here is they have simple monogram style logos, one colour, simple but clear design, most clubs have one of these, so why ever they used giant letter G's and R's etc. I don't know. If they made a simple black one with the old RFC logo instead of a cartoon tiger or a big letter R I would've thrown my $60 at them in a flash.

Roll a tennis ball, baseball or cricket ball along the brim. Should get a nice even curve.
Hmm other tip i heard was sticking it in a coffee mug for a few hours, myself i just bend it slowly by hand, must say for hats that are very rarely bent the New Era fitteds hold a bend really well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back