Gavin Crosisca : Grog and drugs cost me the lot

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
EXCLUSIVE: COLLINGWOOD 1990 premiership star Gavin Crosisca has confessed he is an addict who used illicit drugs throughout his 25-year playing and coaching career.

Crosisca says he led a double life kept secret from his teammates, his wife and his three children.
Crosisca was addicted to alcohol, cannabis and amphetamines (speed).
He lost his house, his business, his coaching career and, for a time, his family.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...r-gavin-crosisca/story-e6frf9jf-1226476895805

Good on Gavin for coming clean.

The shame and guilt of addiction is the hardest thing to get through.

I wish him the best of luck moving forward, keeping his family together, and staying clean.

Eddie and Fox's blowviating is another matter. But the story isn't about Eddie, it's about an ex-footballer looking to piece his life together. And that should be commended.

26940200.jpg

Taking EMT off reminder and record. What a waste of time.

bad luck for eddie as i thought it was supposed to be a big reveal on EMT so he's been scooped, it is of course entirely possible that this ISNT his story and just came out at a coincidental time.

if it is... man... player drinks, smokes weed... earth shattering...

EDIT: Ok so this is what you get for not reading the source material before posting... so it was an eddie macguire written article... interview on EMT... as penance for my post i will leave the original portion intact for people to laugh at...

I thought It was gonna be Addam Maric is a serial killer or Vlad is secretly a turkish bellydancer I is disappoint

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

isnt this more of a 'the club' story? eddie trying to ruin his show on fox footy the way he did with TFS. i mean it no doubt matters to some collingwood supporters... but... really eddie?

bad luck for eddie as i thought it was supposed to be a big reveal on EMT so he's been scooped, it is of course entirely possible that this ISNT his story and just came out at a coincidental time.

if it is... man... player drinks, smokes weed... earth shattering...

EDIT: Ok so this is what you get for not reading the source material before posting... so it was an eddie macguire written article... interview on EMT... as penance for my post i will leave the original portion intact for people to laugh at...

Specious indeed! :)

I've only read the article (not sure if there is a tv interview) so I am only going by what Bagger has admitted..... and good on him for coming clean, it wouldn't have been an easy thing to do after hiding it for so long.

It is important that stories like Gavin Crosiscas's are told, especially by the man himself, as it can only be of benefit to not only aspiring AFL footballers, but to society as a whole.

Maybe on a club or personal level its news but in the greater community look around and who doesnt know someone on speed or meth going down a similar path... Not earth shattering just a little bit sad

Boooooooooring!

Seriously, not even interesting let alone blow the footy world apart

Was to be expected however - people speculating that EM was going to go after a current club/player/admin are nuts - even if he had something substantial communist AFL would come down like a ton of bricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back