Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
Rumour has it that this is his last year at Port and wants to go back to Victoria

2010 pick 16, has had a fair few games under his belt, has had amazing SANFL form but can't convert into great AFL games

What would you offer

I have some spare pens from work and a few exercise books made out of recycled paper.

Oh look, a Geelong supporter. If Jacobs was at Geelong you'd have thought him and a second rounder was worth Travis Boak.

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Thought it would be around equal to what ever Stevens will get traded for

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
RClarke%202010%20Rd%207%20runs%20with%20ball.jpg
:thumbsu:

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
If Port could get Cook for Jacobs i think it would be great for both parties

both highly rated youngters, who can't fit in at their current club

Thought it would be around equal to what ever Stevens will get traded for
I'd offer more for Jacobs than I would for Stevens. I think an early-mid 2nd round pick would be fair.
In saying that, I wouldn't want us to trade for him. Purely because we should just be sticking to the draft.

Daz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
OK, so I imagine that no-one outside Port has heard of Jacobs, so how about someone tell us a bit about him?
How many of the opposition supporters in this thread know who Ben Jacobs is? And if you don't, why bother posting?

I've seen a lot of him. I actually took him at pick 374 in a fantasy draft earlier in the year. It was still a poor selection.

He lacks pace and intensity, uses the ball poorly and makes terrible decisions. He's an absolute liability even when kicking under no pressure. Took a few strong marks which is the only positive I could find out of his season.

I'd say his value is about pick 30-45 and that's based purely on his performances prior to coming into the AFL.

Sep 24, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Phili Eagles + Sixers
I have seen a bit of Jacobs at AFL level and it hasn't been too flattering. Has talent but unfortunately he is yet to show enough of it. I would say you will get something similar to what you gave up for Ebert. Ebert was also a first round pick but had shown far more at AFL level but because Port can entertain multiple offers it evens it up a bit. I wouldn't be expecting a bidding war for him though.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Here is what Knightmare said about him in his 2010 Mock Draft:
My personal draft rankings: (does not include the 12 prelisted players but all others who would otherwise have been draft eligible. This includes Gold Coast zone selections, mature age prelisted players who have been traded to other clubs and those who will be participating in the main draft (excluding those who were on AFL lists last season).
Players who I haven't seen enough of outside of minimal highighs some include: *Horlin-Smith, Dan Nicholson, Tyler Chalwell and Sam Menegola amongst others who I have intentionally not included in my top 50)

1. David Swallow
2. Sam Day
3. Jarrad Polec
4. Dyson Heppell
5. Ben Jacobs

Draft order last updated: Nov 18th

#33 (Melbourne) – Ben Jacobs (VIC)
Height: 186cm, Weight: 82kg, DOB: 9/01/1992
Recruited from: Sandringham Dragons
Style: Josh Drummond/ Shannon Hurn
Range: 12-33
Why: Provides great rebound from defence but can also play forward or midfield pretty comfortably. Clean user of the footy and fantastic reader of the play. Boasts a penetrating left foot. Kicking good when he has space and time. Has really got his body into good condition this season and is a pretty powerful unit. Is a player who can run 20m and kick it 60m. Reads the play well and sets up offense. Offensive side of his game very good and needs to work a little on his defensive side but there is a fair bit to like here. On quality is probably a minimum top 20 and likely top 15 selection. During the U18 championships had a dominant 47 possession game off half back which was an outstanding effort. Don’t be surprised to see him go this high. I expect Jacobs will play from season one. I think Jacobs will be one of the most immediate players in this draft and there is every chance he gets selected at 12. The bargain of the draft at this stage.

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ball magnet and hasn't been given much of an opportunity at Port. You were playing him off a HBF though most of his games, am i right?

tunksy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
mid or late second. midfield depth is pretty good in this draft. his big plus that may appeal is that he's had a few years of development so could potentially step up with a big pre-season.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda

elsler

Premiership Player
Mar 4, 2008
Albertron
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Roll Tide Alabama Crimson Tide
Not a superstar but not a spud either when played as a mid he showed some promise, as a defender hes not so great

elsler

Premiership Player
Mar 4, 2008
Albertron
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Roll Tide Alabama Crimson Tide
Apparently played their first 14 games this year, but none after round 15. You can see his stats here (click on "stats"): http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/pl.../senior/season/2012/selected/bio/default.aspx
Had three 20+ possie games and another of 19, so that is hardly terrible for someone at 20yo.

Where was he playing this year and last? Down back all the time, or some time in the midfield?
down back when he had a run through the middle he was quite good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back