l.jpg

Details
Number 32
Height 190cm
Weight 90Kg
DOB 27-06-1981
Games 250
Debut 1999 Round 1 Vs Fremantle

Player honours: Norm Smith Medal 2006; International Rules Series 2004; AFL Rising Star nominee 2000; premiership side 2006.
Draft history: 1998 National AFL Draft 4th round selection (West Coast) No. 57 overall.

Cheers Kane for your work.

Andrew Embley more than just a player

[YOUTUBE]puu9B562Cn4[/YOUTUBE]

Great recipe to try.

Andrew Embley
Nicknames: Embers and my personal addition "the Chef"
WAFL Team: Claremont and Swan districts
Marital Status (for all those lovely ladies and Man crushing homos): Married to Rayne Bryant
Children: Autumn Claire (born 11 September 2009) F/S Recruitment: Improbable (Female)
Lux Edward (born 2 June 2011) F/S Recruitment: Guaranteed superstar due to athletic genetics from both mother and father.
Dream Team price: $465,000
Supercoach (for those of you who are into that): $519,900

Andrew had a great year last year returning to career best form. Mid way through the year he was considered a certainty for ALL AUSTRALIAN selection and made frequent appearances into AFL.coms greatest team of all. A true veteran of the West Coast Football club Embley has been used as a "Mr Fix it" throughout his career playing in a variety of positions from which the Half forward Flank and Wing positions have proven to be his favourite. A tough, strong and versatile leader at the club he is bracing himself for another big year in 2012. Minor setbacks during the pre-season are yet to hinder his resolve and although many expect he may be forced out of the side in the latter stages of the year they undervalue his usefulness and importance to the team as a barometer and lift player.

Andrews stand out skills include his versatility, durability, marking abilities, his ability to read the play, athleticism and gut running ability.

Andrew is more than just an outstanding player but a family man and all round good guy he is a master of culinary arts and I wish him all the best for what will undoubtedly be another outstanding year in 2012.

Most recent Game:
Round: Round 2 Injured Shoulder
Kicks:
Handballs:
Disposals:
Contested Possessions:
Uncontested Possessions:
DE%:
Clangers :(:
Marks:
Contested Marks:
Marks inside 50:
Hitouts:
Clearances:
Inside 50's:
Rebound 50's:
Frees For:
Frees Against:
Tackles:
1%:
Bounces:
Goals:
Behinds:
Ground Time %: (100% Game time stat Multiplier: )
Goal Assists:
Dream Team:

Patronij1's unique game rating (subject to change upon further review): :( out of 10 Golden Chef hat wearing wacky inflatable arm flailing tube men!

Unfortunately Embley was unable to return for this weeks game against st kilda. However for all those who are yet to see Wooshas post match conference Link below, it appears that He is almost a certainty to return for the GF against adelaide. At aproximetely 1:00 Embley is first mentioned when asked who is likely to return for the Nab cup GF this week. This in my opinion means that he is both very likely to be fit and very likely to be included in the team.

http://www.afl.com.au/Video/tabid/76/contentid/429371/worsfold+post-match/Default.aspx

Round: Nab Cup Grand Final
Kicks:10
Handballs: 8
Disposals: 18
Contested Possessions: 2
Uncontested Possessions: 16
DE%: 67
Clangers :(: 4
Marks: 4
Contested Marks: 0
Marks inside 50: 1
Hitouts: 0
Clearances: 1
Inside 50's: 4
Rebound 50's: 1
Frees For: 0
Frees Against: 1
Tackles: 0
1%: 1
Bounces: 0
Goals: 0
Behinds: 0
Ground Time %: 65 (100% Game time stat Multiplier: x 1.35)
Goal Assists: 1
Dream Team: 55

Patronij1's unique game rating (subject to change upon further review): 5.9 out of 10 Golden Chef hat wearing wacky inflatable arm flailing tube men!

Was Embleys first real hitout for the year and he will be better for the run. Was subbed on for Nicoski in the first quarter and got some decent mileage (65% game time) into his legs and will be much better for it. Came on and had some impact at times playing predominately on the wing. Did very little on the inside which is reflected in his stats and overall was a little bit rusty with his skills. Failed to hit the scoreboard. He did accumulate reasonably well given the time he played and overall it wasn't a bad performance but you could tell he hadn't played high intensity football for a while at times. As much as I hate to say it i do blame Embley predominately for the taylor walker supergoal stuff up with schofield which was a real match turner. Whilst Schofield started it i believe he then beat his opponent and disposed of it adequately to embley who then screwed up with his handball. That was embleys only real big blemish for the game in what was just an average game for him working towards full fitness for round 1. I expect more come round 1 and im sure he will deliver.

Round: Round 1 (played as the substitute)
Kicks: 7
Handballs: 5
Disposals: 12
Contested Possessions: 5
Uncontested Possessions: 7
DE%: 58
Clangers :(: 1
Marks: 0
Contested Marks:0
Marks inside 50: 0
Hitouts: 0
Clearances: 2
Inside 50's: 3
Rebound 50's: 0
Frees For: 0
Frees Against: 0
Tackles: 3
1%: 1
Bounces: 1
Goals: 1
Behinds: 0
Ground Time %: 24 (100% Game time stat Multiplier: 4.16x )
Goal Assists: 0
Dream Team: 49

Patronij1's unique game rating (subject to change upon further review): 9 out of 10 Golden Chef hat wearing wacky inflatable arm flailing tube men!

Embley was given the green vest for the first game of the season. This is most probably to do with his match fitness coming back from his shoulder injury and his ability to play in a variety of roles. Embley was substituted into the game at the start of the fourth quarter for daniel kerr and played the majority of the quarter on a wing. His impact was profound with 12 possessions and a goal in the quarter! Whilst his disposal efficiency stats suggest his disposal was below par upon viewing the game his kicking seams to have been quite good. He kicked a nice ball to kennedy on the lead and a brilliant goal on the run from 60m out. Whilst his impact on the game was not great due to only playing a quarter he played the sub role to perfection and impacted brilliantly the time he was on the field. As a result i have decided to rate his quarter as an entire game and that is why he has achieved a very high 9/10 unique game rating. given his performance in this match i fully expect him to be given a full game against Melbourne this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like most of the focus on injured players has been on Kennedy, LeCras and Nicoski. Embley is the forgotten man. I think he could make a great impact, especially as a sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back