New Adelaide Oval Memberships/Seating

Remove this Banner Ad

It's designed to make the SMA money. They obviously have great confidence in selling all 12k tickets with a waiting list. Time will tell over the next few years whether their model was a successful one for Adelaide patrons.

We know they COULD make it transferable in winter by simply acknowledging that they won't do any checks... It's not hard to do, but as I was explaining earlier, this devalues the SMA's product.

How else will they prop up Cricket in this state? Bet none of that money will go to local cricket clubs, better to just pull hack cricketers from interstate and overseas.

So far the discussion has been about the Western stand and SANFL members etc - i havent seen any info from the AFC yet relating to seating in the outer for the majority of Crows gold/silver members in the Eastern/Southern Stands, however, i noticed that Port Adelaide have released their details and seating (they actually have a very good discussion/analysis of the AO on their board.

Anyway, i would assume the AFC setup will be somewhat similar and to those AFC members who like to sit dead set centre wing and have previously looked at the AO diagrams, i think that they may have identified the Eastern Stand level 2 as the prime seating. However, looking at the PAFC diagrams, its obvious that area is now being solely allocated to Corporates.
All i will say (perhaps prematurely) is ........ and so the farce begins/continues for the footy fans:

RussellEbertHandball has an excellent summary of it and if you want to see what i mean go to the pics in the link highlighted in bold below:

as quoted from REH:
- "Firstly the adelaideovalredevelopment.com.au site has gone and all the JPEGs taken from that site have disappeared and no longer come up are in earlier linked posts.
"The new site is
http://www.adelaideoval.com.au/

Ultimate mebership info and registration is between 9am 14th November to 5pm 27th November.
http://www.adelaideoval.com.au/31/ultimate-membership.aspx

Port has info on AO at
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/News/AdelaideOval2014/tabid/19759/Default.aspx

As discussed here previously some of us have talked about Level 2 row 1 smack bang in the middle of the new Eastern stand being a great spot. We were right but that has been set aside for corporates. The new Stadium Club members get that. This is the Docklands Medallion Club equivalent costing $4,250.00. But there are still seats available on Level 2 to Club 1870 and Platinum members just more on the flanks than middle.

http://www.adelaideoval.com.au/37/stadium-club.aspx

If you go to Port's corporate page
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/Ne...rporateopportunities/tabid/19763/Default.aspx ***************
and look at page 3 of the graphic you have to scroll down (and blow it up to full screen size) you get an idea of how much of Level 2 in the eastern stand goes to the Stadium Club members. And looks like all of Level 2 in the new southern stand is for corporates.

There will be no shortage of good seats, but the absolute best on the eastern wing Level 2, will definitely not be for members - but a few bays around will be, so HFF rather than right in the guts.

Just that it looks like, from the diagrams, all of the seats in the southern grandstand will be undercover ie including ground level, but the eastern grandstand covers level 2 but only some of the ground level seats. Looks like Level 2 has 15 rows of seats, so maybe thats 80 seats wide so that would be the 3 or 4 bays in the middle taken out eg bays like bays 229 230 231 and 232 at Footy Park being taken out ( ie elevated and under cover seats in the concourse area) by corporates.

I rang the club today and renewed my Club 1870 membership and asked about AO seating and got confirmation that I can't get in line with the centre circle lineon Level 2. But in April next year the SMA/PAFC will have a virtual seat viewing facility online to help you pick your seat. The club will initially allocate you an equivalent seat and you can compare that and change it if you want, during a " exclusive exchange period," before non members get to buy a seat. If you are happy with your equivalent seat you don't have to do anything, that will be your new seat.

So as long as you have purchased a 2013 membership (Club 1870, Platinum, Gold or Silver) ie by 28 February 2013, you will be able to select your seat before the public joins in.

Adelaide Oval Ultimate members and SANFL members will still be an unreserved seat area in the western stand like now. Although there will be a few bays like at Footy Park that you pay extra to reserve those seats"

Note: Ultimate Membership holders will only have full SACA reciprocal, transferable associate card and voting rights if they have paid the SACA joining fee.
Animal Farm comes to mind "Everyone is equal but some are more equal than others"
Also no mention of SANFL regular season games.

My seats will be on Ground Section on the Eastern side and won't be undercover. Fine by me as long as I am 4 rows back still and about 60 from goal I am happy wiht that. Oh and it shouldn't be more expensive either.

Guys, isn't it quite simple, if you are a Footy Park member, like myself, I'll be able to buy the equivilant of this for Adelaide Oval. I am also a SACA member. I will continue to buy this also. I will keep the 2 seperate. This effectively gives me the same as the Ultimate membership but I will have transferability in the footy season. It also appears the money will go to the club rather than the SMA. I have discussed this with my Crow supporting mates and this appears to be sane approach. I see no advantage in having the Ultimate Membership what so ever.

I agree. I'm actually disadvantaged converting my SACA & Crows memberships in to the Ultimate as I lose transferability (on the Crows ticket) & I pay more for the privilige (as don't attend Port games).

The SMA really should have release all ticketing details at once. Very poor communication strategy.

Guys, isn't it quite simple, if you are a Footy Park member, like myself, I'll be able to buy the equivilant of this for Adelaide Oval. I am also a SACA member. I will continue to buy this also. I will keep the 2 seperate. This effectively gives me the same as the Ultimate membership but I will have transferability in the footy season. It also appears the money will go to the club rather than the SMA. I have discussed this with my Crow supporting mates and this appears to be sane approach. I see no advantage in having the Ultimate Membership what so ever.

The only problem being the entire Western Stand will be taken up by the new Ultimate members. Listening to Wicker on 5AA he is saying current Footy Park members will be in the Southern stand which is behind the goals.

This sucks i want to sit on the wing near dead centre (no sun) which is what i do at AAMI by rocking up early.

So my choice is being an ultimate - lose transferability and lose my gold membership - no money goes to the club OR

Keeping my Footy Park membership which turns into a Footy membership behind the goals in the Southern stand. I can keep my gold membership, the money goes to the club its transferable but i DON'T WANT TO SIT BEHIND THE GOALS EVERY WEEK! *

Its hard to tell if i have this right without all the membership options being released somebody please tell me if im wrong.

The only problem being the entire Western Stand will be taken up by the new Ultimate members. Listening to Wicker on 5AA he is saying current Footy Park members will be in the Southern stand which is behind the goals.

This sucks i want to sit on the wing near dead centre (no sun) which is what i do at AAMI by rocking up early.

So my choice is being an ultimate - lose transferability and lose my gold membership - no money goes to the club OR

Keeping my Footy Park membership which turns into a Footy membership behind the goals in the Southern stand. I can keep my gold membership, the money goes to the club its transferable but i DON'T WANT TO SIT BEHIND THE GOALS EVERY WEEK! ****

Its hard to tell if i have this right without all the membership options being released somebody please tell me if im wrong.
I called sanfl and was told there woukd be 2x members areas. Western wing and southern end. Part of the western area woukd be reserved for UM , likely to be on upper tier , but with some room for footy members on first come first serve basis. This replicates pretty much what we have now.

Will be mighty pi...ed off if we are restricted to southern end!

I called sanfl and was told there woukd be 2x members areas. Western wing and southern end. Part of the western area woukd be reserved for UM , likely to be on upper tier , but with some room for footy members on first come first serve basis. This replicates pretty much what we have now.

Can anyone give a straight answer as to if Ultimate members can sit with a premium member? It's important to know so my mates and I all do the same. Whicker kind of contradicted what the SANFL had told me. I just want to know if we can all sit in an unrestricted members area together.

Hell yes me too! Part of the Westrern Area plus the Southern end hardly replicates what we have now. Is that SANFL spin :rolleyes:

What happened to having similar seats to what we have at Footy Park as we were promised. Somebody screwed the pooch and Footy Park members are getting done over. The Worst part is we wont know how badly we are getting ****ed until AFTER Ultimate membership registration closes.

Nice work by the SMA to scam millions in unrefundable $75 registration fees. I will register just to keep my options open. Pricks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only problem being the entire Western Stand will be taken up by the new Ultimate members.

That is dead set WRONG! The Adelaide Football Club has on several occasions notified Essential Crows members that their tickets will be in the Western Stand at Adelaide Oval. Essential Crows/Port and Ultimate members will be in the Western stand of the Adelaide Oval.

That is dead set WRONG! The Adelaide Football Club has on several occasions notified Essential Crows members that their tickets will be in the Western Stand at Adelaide Oval. Essential Crows/Port and Ultimate members will be in the Western stand of the Adelaide Oval.
But they only just fit into AAMI now, how can they fit with x thousand extra cricket members?

Whicker contradicted a few previous messages on seating wich has left me confused, either he got it wrong or the SMA has changed their.

For starters there's 20,000 seats in the western stand (or something like that) and 12,000 ultimate members. Space for a few more.

Memberships are certainly *ed

Its not the figs though. Its the view to the cathedral over the old scoreboard from the members. Makes AO. I also don't see the need for a fully boxed in stadium. Prefer the view and somewhere to lay down on the grass at a test match. We don't need another 15000 seats anyway

Crows and Power lose members to Adelaide Oval
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...to-adelaide-oval/story-e6freck3-1226511734349

ADELAIDE Oval membership is becoming an emotional fight, with the two Adelaide AFL clubs facing a loss of a combined 6000 members to the Stadium Management Authority's Ultimate membership.

Clubs have highlighted that passionate fans who change their membership will no longer contribute to their football clubs and no longer be considered members but customers of the SMA.

Unlike under arrangements at AAMI Stadium, those who take out membership that admits them to all fixtures at Adelaide Oval will have none of their money trickle back to the respective clubs.

The situation has allowed the clubs to pull at the heartstrings of members at a crucial time: the Crows this year banked their first profit in three years; the Power is still mired in debt and dependent on assistance.

The Crows have prepared themselves to lose as many as 4000 members to the venue, which gives Ultimate members access to all regular season football and cricket at Adelaide Oval but sends none of their $795 annual fee back to their clubs.

The Ultimate members will no longer be considered members of their club and will lose any voting rights - more significant for South Australian Cricket Association members - and are no longer expected to receive regular updates from the club they support.

The Crows were diplomatic in their assessment of the membership yesterday, but told The Advertiser their members had indicated it was becoming an emotional issue.

Crows and Power lose members to Adelaide Oval
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...to-adelaide-oval/story-e6freck3-1226511734349

ADELAIDE Oval membership is becoming an emotional fight, with the two Adelaide AFL clubs facing a loss of a combined 6000 members to the Stadium Management Authority's Ultimate membership.

<snip>

Is any of that article true? From a SACA point of view it has never even been hinted that members will lose any rights if they take up Ultimate memberships or that their membership fees wouldn't go to the SACA. Also note this from the oval official site:
"I am a life member of SACA/SANFL and pay no annual membership fee. Do I have to pay the full Ultimate Membership fee and/or the $75 registration fee?

If you are a life member of either football or cricket, you will still enjoy the privileges of your honorary membership. If you pay no annual SACA/SANFL membership fee and you wish to attend all football and cricket matches, you will only be charged the difference between the Ultimate Membership fee and the normal SACA/SANFL membership fee. The $75 registration fee will still be payable."

If honorary members only pay the SMA the difference between $795 and the base cost of their SACA/SANFL membership, then it doesn't make sense for the SMA to take the full $795 from non-honorary members.

My response from the SANFl after complaining that we may not be in the western stand

Hi Troy,

I only just heard this morning that this was mentioned on the radio last night as I did not hear it.

I can assure you this was just an error and all Premier and Essential Crows and Power members will be in the Western Stand, with additional seating also available in the Southern Stand.

I believe SMA General Manager Commercial Darren Chandler came on and cleared this up later in the broadcast.

Regards,

Nick

Nick Hambour
Membership & Stadium Operations Executive

SA NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE INC
AAMI Stadium, PO Box 1, West Lakes SA 5021
T: 08 8424 2289
F: 08 8445 7385
E: nickh@sanfl.com.au

W: www.aamistadium.com.au

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, for all the hysteria on here the way I see it is that there will be an overall gain of 6,100 "members" that will be able to get into the members at the footy. These will all come from SACA members who are not members of Footy Park currently. The other 6,100 members who get the Ultimate membership are actually already footy members to start with. You may even find that people that get an Ultimate membership have both SACA and SANFL and get in on their SACA membership, so there may even be less than 6,000 extra members to the footy.

The question then begs, how many SANFL/Crows Premier/Power essential members are there currently, then you add in potentially 6,100 extra Ultimate memberships and then you see how that fits into the capacity of the western grandstand.

Okay, for all the hysteria on here the way I see it is that there will be an overall gain of 6,100 "members" that will be able to get into the members at the footy. These will all come from SACA members who are not members of Footy Park currently. The other 6,100 members who get the Ultimate membership are actually already footy members to start with. You may even find that people that get an Ultimate membership have both SACA and SANFL and get in on their SACA membership, so there may even be less than 6,000 extra members to the footy.

The question then begs, how many SANFL/Crows Premier/Power essential members are there currently, then you add in potentially 6,100 extra Ultimate memberships and then you see how that fits into the capacity of the western grandstand.

I believe there are 8000 Premier Members and about 3000 Crows Essential. I dont think many will take use of the 6100 available to them as they are non-transferable and most will come from new members. Therefore we could be looking at 11000 Current + 12200. The grandstand capacity is about 14000. I think thats just undercover. There is a few more thousand in front of the stand. So the capacity in the members area could be about 18000 - 20000. So that leaves about 2000 - 4000 for the Soutern Stand.

I believe there are 8000 Premier Members and about 3000 Crows Essential. I dont think many will take use of the 6100 available to them as they are non-transferable and most will come from new members. Therefore we could be looking at 11000 Current + 12200. The grandstand capacity is about 14000. I think thats just undercover. There is a few more thousand in front of the stand. So the capacity in the members area could be about 18000 - 20000. So that leaves about 2000 - 4000 for the Soutern Stand.

But aren't these 6,100 only being offered to current Footy Park members, initially at least?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back