Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to get a set of Irons. Anyone got any suggestions. Looking at the Ping G20 and Mizuno Jpx 825.

go try both of them out at the golf shop. only thing is of course you're hitting off mats. but that's the same everywhere.

id go either cause i have a ping driver and a mizuno bag

come at me

Are those Range Finders any good? Saw them on The Golf Show last night and they looked interesting.

i reckon the girl on the golf show was the best part about the segment.

thanks. I still got my Golfshot on Iphone so that will do.

Yeah, it's handy if you play pennant and go to different courses every week, but if you play at the one course the majority of the time it's not really worth it.

im pretty sure using the app on the iphone is illegal in comp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno, i don't have either.

You'd think if you can use a gps you could use an app?

I think it may have to do with the Weather app on the iphone.

exactly. if you can obtain weather or meteorological information it is illegal and worthy of 2 tech fouls.

i used to use it playing social rounds and was informed of this my my mate.

i have a few friends who use golfshot or whatever the app is called, but they're only social golfers so ok. but when they use it to get metres for all fairway shots, and then record what club was used and how many putts it makes me mad.

Vincent Chase

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2011
MadiZen Square Garden.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Jets
i have a few friends who use golfshot or whatever the app is called, but they're only social golfers so ok. but when they use it to get metres for all fairway shots, and then record what club was used and how many putts it makes me mad.
Haha that would drive me crazy.

What about the blokes who take 10 minutes to line up 2ft putts (plum bobs, looks at it from every angle) and then misses it. Rinse and repeat.

ROSEMVP

Cancelled
Dec 19, 2010
United Center
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Haha that would drive me crazy.

What about the blokes who take 10 minutes to line up 2ft putts (plum bobs, looks at it from every angle) and then misses it. Rinse and repeat.

Worse is a hacker who takes 5-10 practice swings and hits it along the ground 10 yards. Most of the time.

Going to go and look at Irons tomorrow. Hoping to find something great. Love going club shopping.

Shopping for golfing gear is a lot like shopping for fishing gear. You may just go in to have a browse but always come out of the store holding something :D

ROSEMVP

Cancelled
Dec 19, 2010
United Center
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Shopping for golfing gear is a lot like shopping for fishing gear. You may just go in to have a browse but always come out of the store holding something :D
LOL so True. Went in once to get my Irons Adjusted walked out with a new set of Taylormade's

I wouldn't say you have to play competitively to have a nice set of clubs. If you enjoy playing golf and have the funds to do so then why not? Find a set that you're comfortable with and go for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back