Goulburn Valley General Thread 2011- 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

GG Rides Again

All Australian
Apr 20, 2007
Intangible
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Think you misread GG, Marcopolo said the ex-hawk was close to going to the Swans. (Blake is staying at the Cats, unless he gets drafted!)

CORRECT!

eye test in the morning. But will still go with the names mentioned as pretty sure Swans need a ruckman/forward and Pattison is still in his prime at 26. Plenty of good footy left.

marcopolo

Senior List
Jan 15, 2012
shepparton
AFL Club
Sydney
CORRECT!

eye test in the morning. But will still go with the names mentioned as pretty sure Swans need a ruckman/forward and Pattison is still in his prime at 26. Plenty of good footy left.
I think maybe it is boumann the swans are chasing and have heard he is pretty close to signing... Shepp bears are also bout to announce some signings from tasmania appartently! Silly season up and about isnt it?

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
Breaking news that Grant Weeks may have reneged on his commitment to Square and will suit up for Rochy in 2013!

GG Rides Again

All Australian
Apr 20, 2007
Intangible
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Out Campbell in Weeks, where does that leave Bowen to play? bloody huge news if true
I would play Bowen CHB as that's where he has played alot before going forward at Rochy. Might be 2 pronged forward line?
The recruiting of players for Rochester so far can only be described as first class as not often you can replace a Guy Campbell within your club but I believe they have. Also replacing retired players with similar like Anderson and Sharp along with keeping the nucleus of the 2nds and thirds coming through. Should be very competitive and on a par if not leading recruiting sign ons but think that will now be it. Probably could use a ruckman but McLinden if fit could play there as well.

GG Rides Again

All Australian
Apr 20, 2007
Intangible
AFL Club
Hawthorn
have heard the same!! Rochy really shaping up now to have huge tilt.....that puts them ahead of united now! What about the potential interleauge team.. saad,weeks,eagle for forward line yeh! ha
United still the one to beat. Rochy have to win a final to jump in front.
Seymour and Mansfield very quiet on recruiting front. Where are these 2 at and anyone know of any signings?

mufassa

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2011
Torquay
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Think you misread GG, Marcopolo said the ex-hawk was close to going to the Swans. (Blake is staying at the Cats, unless he gets drafted!)
My mail is that blake will be bringing with him a recently retired ex team mate who has something in common with him..... Dropped for a grand final ....fact !

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would play Bowen CHB as that's where he has played alot before going forward at Rochy. Might be 2 pronged forward line?
The recruiting of players for Rochester so far can only be described as first class as not often you can replace a Guy Campbell within your club but I believe they have. Also replacing retired players with similar like Anderson and Sharp along with keeping the nucleus of the 2nds and thirds coming through. Should be very competitive and on a par if not leading recruiting sign ons but think that will now be it. Probably could use a ruckman but McLinden if fit could play there as well.
It is true mate-signed sealed delivered! I believe that there could be some more big news in GV footy soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
Not much news coming coming out of the reigning premiers camp. Heard quite a few are on the move. Any word about incoming recruits over at Tat?

Knowing scotty Grigg I know he'll be playing his cards very close to his chest. There was a whisper that gun SANFL on-baller josh cubillo, was in talks with tatura at one stage & would be a huge acquisition. I'd also expect griggy to give some very talented nt recruits an opportunity at GV level & has a heap of connections in melb, so, in brief, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't assemble a list capable of going back-to-back.

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Knowing scotty Grigg I know he'll be playing his cards very close to his chest. There was a whisper that gun SANFL on-baller josh cubillo, was in talks with tatura at one stage & would be a huge acquisition. I'd also expect griggy to give some very talented nt recruits an opportunity at GV level & has a heap of connections in melb, so, in brief, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't assemble a list capable of going back-to-back.
The mail is that they think they've covered their losses .

jayco13

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2011
Rushworth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth, NY Jets,
big losses in crawford,broadbent,murphy,shaw,little,trewin,ryan so if they pick up 4 or 5 they be bout same again but kirby and wellington are a year older to so they could have a down season!!

have heard they're chasing about half a dozen from melb.. and having a crack at 3 from bendigo... including interleague captain simon rosa.. so sounds like they wont be having a down year from lack of trying thats for sure...

marcopolo

Senior List
Jan 15, 2012
shepparton
AFL Club
Sydney
have heard they're chasing about half a dozen from melb.. and having a crack at 3 from bendigo... including interleague captain simon rosa.. so sounds like they wont be having a down year from lack of trying thats for sure...
would rosa be a chance to head to rochy with weeks.. If tat sign 5 or 6 guns and i expect m,pna to sign 4 or so quality to then honestly next yr could be the best standard of gvl footy for a long time and thats without knowing what mansfield or seymour or echuca are going to sign! Amazing season coming up i think!
Any early flag tips or top 6 or morrison medals tips, i know its early but worth a chat

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
would rosa be a chance to head to rochy with weeks.. If tat sign 5 or 6 guns and i expect m,pna to sign 4 or so quality to then honestly next yr could be the best standard of gvl footy for a long time and thats without knowing what mansfield or seymour or echuca are going to sign! Amazing season coming up i think!
Any early flag tips or top 6 or morrison medals tips, i know its early but worth a chat

Top 6 ?
United
Rochester
Tatura
Mooroopna
Kyabram
Seymour
In no particular order! Swans/Mansfield will press hard for a top 6 spot. Mansfield could unveil any number of recruits with their contacts.

Jan 21, 2007
home or work
AFL Club
Essendon
big losses in crawford,broadbent,murphy,shaw,little,trewin,ryan so if they pick up 4 or 5 they be bout same again but kirby and wellington are a year older to so they could have a down season!!
I didn't think Ryan was leaving Tat, Unless you where confusing him with AB as I know he is/has moved back to Sydney with his Mrs? & saying Kirby & Wellington being a year older they could have a down season is a big call, I know they are early 30's but they have both come off very good seasons Kirby especially....
Also I know that Josh Fraser is choosing between Tocumwal or Mansfield, & with Craig Kelly being his Manager throughout his AFL career I know Mansfield will be giving it everything, but also know he has met with Toc & really enjoyed what he seen up there??

GG Rides Again

All Australian
Apr 20, 2007
Intangible
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Dont think Rosa will leave Square as if they don't have a coach shortly I reckon he will end up doing it. Rochy tried for 2 years I believe and probably in all honesty could not afford him with the others on board already.
Rosa has also been linked to big offer at Barham who would pay plenty to get him. I believe he will stay at Square at least this year.
Also agree with other comment about Kirby. Was sensational last year in finals and the big blokes don't get any smaller during the game.

jaggo

Team Captain
Oct 25, 2007
lancaster
AFL Club
Essendon
Good news for Ky with weeks sighning at Rochy. Doubt if Ogden will go to Sqaure now, so Paul Newman can expect his usual feed from the little bloke coming out of the centre. Have heard Dirty has had a lot to say here!!!

Back