News Welcome to the Kennel, pick #50 - Joshua Prudden

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Prudden_TACCup_T1EFMbGf12DT_246c.jpg

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/w...article/tabid/4112/newsid/151569/default.aspx

Key Facts
Josh Prudden (Murray Bushrangers)
DOB: 06.09.94 (18)
Position: Midfielder
Inside midfielder Josh Prudden may have gone under the radar with limited exposure but the Western Bulldogs recruiting team believe they have found a gem with pick number 50 (# round selection) in the 2012 AFL National Draft.
A workhorse around the stoppages, the 18 year old will bolster the Bulldogs growing inside midfield stocks.
Watch BulldogsTV highlights of new recruit Josh Prudden on the media player above.
Dalrymple said: Josh is a hard running midfielder who has a great ability to win the ball in contested situations and has a neat kick. Went under the radar this year as he only played seven games. We’re thrilled to get him so late in the draft.

Welcome Josh - we may not have heard of you, but we're happy to have you on board nonetheless. Hope you're a big part of our future and a steal at pick #50!
Looking forward to seeing you play. :thumbsu:

Very interested by this kid, I do like the looks of him I must say. We obviously were keen on him and I'm glad to see we got who we wanted!

Looks interesting Dalrymple and his men have broken my Irra dream.
Anyone know how tall he is??

looks like a very good and tough young player. get around him

Dogs_r_barking what's the news from your lad?

He was a bit shocked at first, said he didn't think he was that good, remembered he had actually played against him a couple of years ago (I thought he only played against his older brother), but my son is a couple of years older so Prudden would have been bottom age anyway. Believes he obviously improved going to Assumption College, he mentioned he is a freak at fitness goes to the gym every day, very focussed (sounds like Crossy).

He comes from a really hard working battler family, so really thrilled for them all, his dad used to work at the local petrol station doing the grave yard shift, and then would be down at junior footy first thing next day as the runner for the team. His older Brother has a slight intellectual disability, but is also such a good kid, ironically he nearly drowned in the Goulburn river a couple of years ago, and my other son pulled him out, saved his life, everyone there thought he was just mucking about:eek:
This kid would meet Macca's 'good person' ruling without a doubt, he isn't your silver spoon type, and would really appreciate the opportunity he has been given.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No worries Ant, delete if you think it is a bit too personal to be on BF.

I wouldn't call it to personal. I think it was a very good read, so thanks for sharing. Sounds like a good kid, and he has obviously worked hard for this. I love it when people come from the battling family background, to achieve their dreams. Looking forward to seeing his development.

He was a bit shocked at first, said he didn't think he was that good, remembered he had actually played against him a couple of years ago (I thought he only played against his older brother), but my son is a couple of years older so Prudden would have been bottom age anyway. Believes he obviously improved going to Assumption College, he mentioned he is a freak at fitness goes to the gym every day, very focussed (sounds like Crossy).

He comes from a really hard working battler family, so really thrilled for them all, his dad used to work at the local petrol station doing the grave yard shift, and then would be down at junior footy first thing next day as the runner for the team. His older Brother has a slight intellectual disability, but is also such a good kid, ironically he nearly drowned in the Goulburn river a couple of years ago, and my other son pulled him out, saved his life, everyone there thought he was just mucking about:eek:
This kid would meet Macca's 'good person' ruling without a doubt, he isn't your silver spoon type, and would really appreciate the opportunity he has been given.

Okay I'm sold. When someone has to work hard for opportunity they usually grab it with both hands.

From the D&T board:
Watched Prudden in the GV Final when he was playing for Seymour.. Can play for sure and is a ripper kid with the right mentality... Very tricky, can snag a goal but is light on for size.. Will take a few years development in the VFL but you expect that with picks >40

Sounds like another kid absolutely aced the "quality person" test B-Mac favours.
We're going to have a super-hard training team in 2013.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back