2013 PSD and Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2007
Dungeon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Today's national draft has left me fascinated as to what may happen at the PSD and particularly the Rookie Draft to be held on Dec 11th so thought I might start a thread to discuss.

Some players available to consider:

Dayle Garlett
Sam Colquohn
Hayden Jolly
Byron Sumner
Liam Jurrah
Nick Joyce :D

For clarification are we getting 2 rookie picks and 1 PSD? Have the draft orders been finalised?

I can see some real opportunity for high risk / high reward here so I hope we have big enough goolies to take a punt!

Today's national draft has left me fascinated as to what may happen at the PSD and particularly the Rookie Draft to be held on Dec 11th so thought I might start a thread to discuss.

Dayle Garlett
Sam Colquohn
Hayden Jolly
Byron Sumner
Liam Jurrah

For clarification are we getting 2 rookie picks and 1 PSD? Have the draft orders been finalised?

I can see some real opportunity for high risk / high reward here so I hope we have big enough goolies to take a punt!

If we get 2 rookie picks we should draft Jolly & Colquhoun. With the PSD I'd like us to take a punt on Jurrah. (remember we play Melbourne rnd 1, Jurrah could be the match winner)

psd. 1 pick.

byron sumner. sam colquhoun.

club may be waiting to see who else is delisted before the psd.

rookie 2 picks

dayle gartlett, sam colquhoun, hayden jolly, harley montgomery, Emmanual Irra, Jarrad Lienert, Patrick Wilson, nick amato, todd mackay, mason middleton , tasman fitzgerald, ethan gill, Nathan Stark, Mitch Wilkins, matt wallis, aaron luccon, chris yarran (not carltons one) tullio demattis.

mostly some sa boys and a couple of wa boys there. some players i really like there. lots of pace and run and carry. one tall rookie in lienert, fitzgerald, wallis, luccon or gill would be good and one run and carry gartlett, colquhoun, montgomery, irra or wilson would be great.

Happy to potentially waste picks on Jurrah and Garlett if they are there, we've topped up pretty much every position so we may as well go for the big risk/reward types

The fact that 17 other clubs passed on Garlett kind of makes me happy we didn't get sucked in ...jurrah I would take a punt in a heartbeat as he has some good track record at afl level

Dayle Garlett
Sam Colquohn
Hayden Jolly
Byron Sumner
Liam Jurrah

You suck. I was going to come into this thread to post those exact 5 players minus Joyce, and you've ruined my contribution.

How I would draft:
Byron Sumner in the PSD (or Dayle Garlett if there's strong mail that somebody else with a pick before our first rookie pick wants him)
Dayle Garlett with our first rookie pick (or Byron Sumner if we drafted Garlett in the PSD)
Liam Jurrah with our second rookie pick

If another club takes one of these guys before we do, then Hayden Jolly and Sam Colquhoun can replace them in that order of preference. I also wouldn't be opposed to giving a lifeline to Ricky Petterd, Justin Sherman or (obscure pick time) Tom Schneider, who I remember wanting at draft time two years ago but Hawthorn got in before us, if the above 5 are gone. Beyond that, I don't really know enough about anybody to comment, as long as we don't get someone like Slattery, Bret Thornton or Cameron Wood.

Sidenote, it seems ridiculous to me that we're willing to take a chance on a guy who is about to go on trial for getting pissed and attacking someone with a machete, but an 18 year old who smokes! Can't take that risk!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dayle Garlett
Hayden Jolly
Byron Sumner
Marvin Warrell

In that order please guys!

I would also cut DEaniel Stewart now we picked up Shaw

I was going to say wouldn't that leave us short but we could PSD 2 instead of one? That would be harsh. I wish we offloaded Westhoff while he still had some value seeing we got Shaw :)

I'm interested to see if our new coaching staff can get anything out of D Stewart next season. I don't hold out much hope he'll make it, but I'm interested nonetheless.

I was going to say wouldn't that leave us short but we could PSD 2 instead of one? That would be harsh. I wish we offloaded Westhoff while he still had some value seeing we got Shaw :)

Westhoff as a wingman will workout fine!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back