Betting restrictions and limits for constant winners?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah didn't make much sense.
I mean, what limits you from re-registering with different credentials? Can't remember if I needed a hundred points or just a photoID for withdrawals?

IP adress matching

Logic isn't involved here.

Betfair is an exchange, which means that at the given odds, an amount is available to backed or layed.

If you choose to try and back for more than is available at the given odds, your bet will stay there until someone agrees to lay it at that price.

There's no limiting involved, whatsoever.

You missed the point, I didn't try to back for more than the available odds given. so to reduce my stake is in itself some sort of limiting, logically!! lol

It hasn't happened since, but it did happen. On that particular match there was mountains of volume.

You missed the point, I didn't try to back for more than the available odds given. so to reduce my stake is in itself some sort of limiting, logically!! lol

It hasn't happened since, but it did happen. On that particular match there was mountains of volume.

You don't understand how an exchange works.

OK so how much was available at the odds you chose and how much did you try to put on?

Also how much did betfair "allow" you to put on and post a screenshot of the unmatched / cancelled amount.

It wasn't unmatched/cancelled, simply just reduced the stake amount, can't screenshot that. I requested a $30 bet on the auto accept odds, which didn't change after they reduced my stake, it went down below $15, I can't remember how much but i can go through the history if I must.

It wasn't unmatched/cancelled, simply just reduced the stake amount, can't screenshot that. I requested a $30 bet on the auto accept odds, which didn't change after they reduced my stake, it went down below $15, I can't remember how much but i can go through the history if I must.
lol just lol. Gotta love it.

Perhaps your balance at the time was the problem? Did you only have below $15 available to bet with?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I bet the person on the other side was pissed that they didn't get their lay bet matched because Betfair limited you.

It hasn't happened since, I was talking logically from that one bet if you read earlier posts. Still think I'm asking for too much if asking for logic.

It hasn't happened since, I was talking logically from that one bet if you read earlier posts. Still think I'm asking for too much if asking for logic.
I think we have all made up our minds based on our own logic. You seem to have been slighted by Betfair, yet have given no evidence of the limiting.

In all this, I feel sorry for the person who didn't get his lay bet matched because you were 'limited', once.

I think we have all made up our minds based on our own logic. You seem to have been slighted by Betfair, yet have given no evidence of the limiting.

In all this, I feel sorry for the person who didn't get his lay bet matched because you were 'limited', once.

why, because you think i can't pick a winner?

Hmm, yeah....

While we are at it - I did once place a back bet on Betfair for $10, they turned it into a $10.01 bet. Obviously shattered about losing the extra cent ;). Didn't bother to do the calcs to see if the rounding on the return would have worked out in my favour or not. Did find it a bit wierd though. Happen much to anyone else?

I'm not as dumb as the others think I am, no there wasn't a balance issue.

There's a bit of sarcasm floating about, which is par for the course on the punting board, but essentially what they're trying to say without saying it is that Betfair don't limit bets, it's not in their interest. It's like the tote limiting bets. It's contrary to their interests to limit. The assumption people are making is that you've made a mistake somewhere along the line and have THOUGHT you were limited, when in fact there was another explanation.

Hmm, yeah....

While we are at it - I did once place a back bet on Betfair for $10, they turned it into a $10.01 bet. Obviously shattered about losing the extra cent ;). Didn't bother to do the calcs to see if the rounding on the return would have worked out in my favour or not. Did find it a bit wierd though. Happen much to anyone else?
Yeah I have one cent discrepancies - both ways - all the time. Not worth concerning myself with

IP adress matching

Much more concerned with MAC address filtering Id suspect. Anyone can change or mask there IPs. Alot of people have problem changing the MAC or SSID address. You can download programs to do that for you.

Its incredibly easy to overcome. For example. My missus and brother both play poker with Pokerstars. Anyway the accounts were blocked because they were playing on the same IP network. They banned my brothers account, reopened my missus. So what we did is create a virtual PC. change the SSID + IP addressing scheme and he now plays with PokerStars in the virtual format in a account in my name, even at the same time as my missus if he wants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back