Betting restrictions and limits for constant winners?

Remove this Banner Ad

JuddsABlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm up lifetime on sportsbet.com on footy and basketball betting (around 2.5k over the last 2 seasons) but down that much then some on the horses

Any chances if I put in another winning AFL season they would limit my AFL betting but still allow my horse betting or just let them co-exist? I obviously wouldnt use sportsbet.com for my horse betting if my AFL betting was limited though but I dont know whether they'd consider that

Use betfair (exchange so no possibly of getting limited) or pinnacle for tennis and you won't have to worry about anything.

AFL should be fine too.

Not true, I placed a $30 stake at offered odds and my stake was more than halved, didn't even see if i would accept the less stake amount. That's a form of limiting i would say. Can't always get the amount down you want at betfair, it was a tennis match too.

Have you read the thread title lately?

Lol.

Thanks for proving our point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nobulltiger

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
You are NOW talking about fixed odds bets at betfair. The ORIGINAL post you quoted was talking about the exchange.

Please stop posting.

Clearly you are fools who can't handle the truth, yes initially I was talking about the exchange and I stand by what I said as fact. If anything, you are a very stupid little group of fools for defending betfair by just trying to insult me in the first place. Time you losers got over it and got a life. I'll stop posting in this thread, because clearly a conversation can't be had with single narrow minded forum rednecks.

Clearly you are fools who can't handle the truth, yes initially I was talking about the exchange and I stand by what I said as fact. If anything, you are a very stupid little group of fools for defending betfair by just trying to insult me in the first place. Time you losers got over it and got a life. I'll stop posting in this thread, because clearly a conversation can't be had with single narrow minded forum rednecks.
Excellent. Oh and by the way, stay classy.

Armesy

Team Captain
Apr 4, 2008
Alice Springs
AFL Club
Richmond
Getting limited is like a feather in the cap of a punter. I was quite chuffed when it happened.

It was pretty uncessessary at the time though. Had been having a few bets over the day with the boys and had won a bit of cash. Then tried to put $25EW on some random nag we'd picked. Centrebet changed the stake to $7.50 EW.

I never realised they would worry about such small amounts and thought they would focus on obviously organised punters with identifyable betting patterns, history and winning, etc.

Rourke

Watching the Numbers
Mar 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
profit and <250 markets will get you in there

https://account.betfair.com/regpay-myaccount/premiumcharge/summary.html

Thanks for that KENT2008, how do you get to that link through 'My Account'? I've never seen that statement before, and it looks like I've nearly used my £1,000 allowance even though my Total Charges % is about 28% and I was relatively unsuccessful in my first couple of years on Betfair, only picking up sizable profits in the last few years. I can't work out when I would have qualified for it :confused:

Rourke

Watching the Numbers
Mar 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not true, I placed a $30 stake at offered odds and my stake was more than halved, didn't even see if i would accept the less stake amount. That's a form of limiting i would say. Can't always get the amount down you want at betfair, it was a tennis match too.

Originally I thought this was a troll, but evidently the faeces-flinging from both sides continues. OK nobulltiger, seeing as no-one has actually spelled it out but prefer to keep mocking you, here's what happened:
  • You wanted to put $30 on Bernard Tomic
  • You chose the best available odds on the Betfair exchange, and bet $30
  • You either did not look at the amount available to be matched at that price (it's under the headline price), or someone jumped in and took those odds a second or two before you did
  • Only about $15 was left to be matched at that price, and your bet was automatically paired with that
  • The rest of your $30 stake did not get matched within a few minutes, or possibly ever. It sat lonely in the 'Lay' column waiting for a friend to match it, or for you to take worse odds
This is not bet-limiting, this is what a betting exchange does. If you haven't worked out that you shouldn't be playing in that space.

nobulltiger

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Originally I thought this was a troll, but evidently the faeces-flinging from both sides continues. OK nobulltiger, seeing as no-one has actually spelled it out but prefer to keep mocking you, here's what happened:
  • You wanted to put $30 on Bernard Tomic
  • You chose the best available odds on the Betfair exchange, and bet $30
  • You either did not look at the amount available to be matched at that price (it's under the headline price), or someone jumped in and took those odds a second or two before you did
  • Only about $15 was left to be matched at that price, and your bet was automatically paired with that
  • The rest of your $30 stake did not get matched within a few minutes, or possibly ever. It sat lonely in the 'Lay' column waiting for a friend to match it, or for you to take worse odds
This is not bet-limiting, this is what a betting exchange does. If you haven't worked out that you shouldn't be playing in that space.

I didn't request higher odds than what was offered, there was no money waiting to get matched at all. The odds i took were the odds offered which automatically gets accepted. The odds did not change either after they reduced my stake.

Rooster Cogburn

Premiership Player
Dec 16, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
nobulltiger, can you tell me what happens if I try to put $300 dollars on Arsenal v West Brom half time score 0-0, as per this screenshot:

2q1ryps.jpg

Jan Juc

All Australian
Jan 31, 2007
Southbank
AFL Club
Collingwood
Surely Betfair think you're to good a bettor and must therefore limit your stake.

Therefore, they only let you on for $249, leaving you scratching your head as to you you can't get set for what you want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back