Its time to go Trigg!!!!

Kane don't think it will affect player movement UNLESS we are bashed with further draft picks and then "a couple may jump ship" .....but i highly doubt it

But what you're saying is spot on .....someone has to be accountable !

Harper, as much as i have a malaise with him ........should not be made a scapegoat
Trigg, as much as i admire him .....as the CEO, he is ultimately responsible
UNLESS'
He was given directions from either the board OR the board member responsible for the footy dept (Smart?)
I was referring to the loss of picks this year & potentially in future years, which will increase the gap of talent compared to our best opposition. This will hurt us in the medium term as we struggle to keep pace with stocking up talent to chase a flag. ie. Compare to Pies which had 3 picks around 20's. Couldn't have come at a worse time when our premiership window is open. ie. It may cost us a premiership or 2 ... yet there has been strong show of support to keep our CEO who presided over this.

Accountability is fine, but appropriate action can only be taken when all the facts are laid bare. Too many are guessing, or jumping at shadows. I will never stop supporting the AFC, but what form that support takes may well be impacted by the findings of the AFL's "court", and in the way some of our most respected administrators are treated. Certainly some of the attacks on here are ignorant, and personal.
There is no time for the personal stuff. Play the ball not the man as they say in footy terms.

As WW mentioned we have already admitted guilt, no our minimum punishment (with more likely to come), so someone needs to be accountable for this mess.

There is no time for the personal stuff. Play the ball not the man as they say in footy terms.

As WW mentioned we have already admitted guilt, no our minimum punishment (with more likely to come), so someone needs to be accountable for this mess.
1034_390024894413558_810319498_n.jpeg

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Jenny, let's just forget the high moral position for a moment.....

My question and please answer truthfully

Q. Given that the Tippett matter has divided Members / Supporters in terms of whether Triggy should stay or go, do you actually believe that it is in the clubs best interest for Triggy to stay on?

Jenny, let's just forget the high moral position for a moment.....

My question and please answer truthfully

Q. Given that the Tippett matter has divided Members / Supporters in terms of whether Triggy should stay or go, do you actually believe that it is in the clubs best interest for Triggy to stay on?

Not my position to say - certainly not before all the facts are heard. I do believe it will be difficult for him to stay on - but that depends on the reaction to the facts (and punishment) once they come out.

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Not my position to say - certainly not before all the facts are heard. I do believe it will be difficult for him to stay on - but that depends on the reaction to the facts (and punishment) once they come out.

Jenny

We have pleaded guilty, we are going through a plea bargaining process and as a result have already served a portion of the punishment

Jenny, even if we divorse the crime & punishment for a moment the role of A CEO in any organization is to be accountable for the strategic management of an organisation and to keep Boards well informed, even divorcing penalty the Tippett matter highlights a failure in this duty

Now add that we have pleaded guilty, currently going through a plea bargaining process and we have a divided stakeholder group regardless of the entirety of the punishment it is not in the best interest for the CEO to stay on

Club must become before Self

fairfooty

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2010
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Chelsea
Accountability is fine, but appropriate action can only be taken when all the facts are laid bare. Too many are guessing, or jumping at shadows. I will never stop supporting the AFC, but what form that support takes may well be impacted by the findings of the AFL's "court", and in the way some of our most respected administrators are treated. Certainly some of the attacks on here are ignorant, and personal.

Thank goodness somebody on here understands the need to wait for the findings before destroying anyone. I can't believe the lynch mob mentality of some here - damn pleased you aren't my employer...

Jenny

We have pleaded guilty, we are going through a plea bargaining process and as a result have already served a portion of the punishment

Jenny, even if we divorse the crime & punishment for a moment the role of A CEO in any organization is to be accountable for the strategic management of an organisation and to keep Boards well informed, even divorcing penalty the Tippett matter highlights a failure in this duty

Now add that we have pleaded guilty, currently going through a plea bargaining process and we have a divided stakeholder group regardless of the entirety of the punishment it is not in the best interest for the CEO to stay on

Club must become before Self

Yep, a failure in his duty. He made a mistake. Now at this stage it's only speculation as to how big or what indeed actually happened. Chapman has said he shouldn't be hung on the basis of one mistake, that all the good he has done for the club needs to be taken into account. So until we hear everything, I am not prepared to be his judge or executioner. Like all good jurors, I will wait to hear all the facts before I pass judgement.

Judge juror and executioner on Trigg.
I haven't been personal calling him names. I have played the ball not the man.

Fact - AFC signed an illegal agreement with Tippett, which Trigg presided over & covered up until it became evident to the whole footy world.
Fact - AFC lost Tippett for nothing.
Fact - AFC have lost their 1st 2 pick this year.
Fact - This saga reflects poorly on AFC.
Fact - CEO is ultimately responsible.

I think you have been blinded by your personal relationship with Trigg in that you believe this is just a minor blip that no one should be accountable. This will set AFC back in the medium term & potentially cost us an AFL flag, so yes I do believe someone(s) should be made responsible for this mess.

Yep, a failure in his duty. He made a mistake. Now at this stage it's only speculation as to how big or what indeed actually happened. Chapman has said he shouldn't be hung on the basis of one mistake, that all the good he has done for the club needs to be taken into account. So until we hear everything, I am not prepared to be his judge or executioner. Like all good jurors, I will wait to hear all the facts before I pass judgement.
It's already a big mistake - not a minor one - look at what penalties we have copped & more are coming our way! What's made this worse though is the constant denial over the secret Tippett deal until it became blatantly obvious. This is a loss of trust to most of the supporter base, which make his position untenable.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I haven't been personal calling him names. I have played the ball not the man.

Fact - AFC signed an illegal agreement with Tippett, which Trigg presided over & covered up until it became evident to the whole footy world.
Fact - AFC lost Tippett for nothing.
Fact - AFC have lost their 1st 2 pick this year.
Fact - This saga reflects poorly on AFC.
Fact - CEO is ultimately responsible.

I think you have been blinded by your personal relationship with Trigg in that you believe this is just a minor blip that no one should be accountable. This will set AFC back in the medium term & potentially cost us an AFL flag, so yes I do believe someone(s) should be made responsible for this mess.
You forgot the one about not trading Tippett to Brisbane when we had the chance

headache1

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 10, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal

Either he was complicit in the deal that occurred (mistake, and bordering on negligence), or he had absolutely NFI of what his staff were doing (negligence). Either way, it's not a good look for a CEO. Part of the burden of being the CEO of a company is that you are ultimately responsible for said company and its actions, which some people seem to be forgetting.

Thanks - not a great management decision to over-rule Rendell to trade Tippett to the Lions, given that was an easy clean of this mess.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
That one is understandable and (arguably) forgivable. He was banking on the club being able to convince Tippett to re-sign a year down the track. Everything I've read indicates he was probably on the money.. until Tippett got concussed and spent some serious time re-thinking his future.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
That one is understandable and (arguably) forgivable. He was banking on the club being able to convince Tippett to re-sign a year down the track. Everything I've read indicates he was probably on the money.. until Tippett got concussed and spent some serious time re-thinking his future.
So Trigg gambled and lost. That's not understandable but unforgivable given that he was aware of the illegal agreement that has blown up in our faces.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
So Trigg gambled and lost. That's not understandable but unforgivable given that he was aware of the illegal agreement that has blown up in our faces.
Yes, he gambled and lost. I'm sure you've made similar mistakes in your professional career as well.

Don't get me wrong.. I completely agree with the list of "facts" that KM provided, which combine to build a solid case for Trigg's departure. I just don't think he should be hung out to dry for backing the club in, given the "Sando Spike" we were hoping to see.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes, he gambled and lost. I'm sure you've made similar mistakes in your professional career as well.

Don't get me wrong.. I completely agree with the list of "facts" that KM provided, which combine to build a solid case for Trigg's departure. I just don't think he should be hung out to dry for backing the club in, given the "Sando Spike" we were hoping to see.
This wasn't just a small gamble though, it carried serious consequences. He knew what he had to do to get Kurt to stay last time. He also would have seen the "go home" video only months earlier. By all reports Kurt was prepared to go to Brisbane. The writing was on the wall. This wasn't just a mistake, it was further evidence of poor judgement.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

basically he was having a long term affair with gold coast and they expected him to move in, he was flirting with brisbane and instead he left us and ran off with sydney

Having left a number of jilted lovers behind, did he ever really intend to stay at home with us? only question seems to be who he would run off with

Back