Online Poker Content/HH thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want some feedback on a hand.
Poker Stars $6.45+$0.55 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t150/t300 Blinds + t25 - 4 players -

Hero (BB): t3833 M = 6.97
CO: t10702 M = 19.46
BTN: t8994 M = 16.35
SB: t3471 M = 6.31

Pre Flop: (t550) Hero is BB with Ts Jd
CO calls t300, BTN calls t300, 1 fold, Hero checks

Flop: (t1150) Js As Th (3 players)
Hero bets t1200, CO calls t1200, BTN folds

Turn: (t3550) 3c (2 players)
Hero bets t2308 all in, CO calls t2308

River: (t8166) 5h (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t8166
Hero shows Ts Jd (two pair, Jacks and Tens)
CO shows Ks Qc (a straight, Ten to Ace)
CO wins t8166

Pretty bad play by me but how can I put him on the straight after he flat calls on the flop. Surely he raises there? Is his move correct to slowplay the straight and should I have seen it? Do I check the turn there?

I normally play that hand as he has, normally though I dont get so lucky to have you in this case raise.

In your situation I will always raise, but normally only half or 3/4 pot raise. You normally can shake of the chasers and anyone with a real hand will stay (sometimes get a chaser who hits)

Too answer one of your questions, yes it is hard to put him on a straight, but no he doesnt necessarily have to raise

Heres a basic anaylsis of each street

Preflop: Checking is fine
Flop: You're lead bet is too big. I like leading rather than checking, because dont want random hands get a free card for a chop or something. Still though, you've bet more than the pot which is way too much. I would lead for somewhere around 400-500 to entice weaker aces/pairs or gutshots to come along
Turn: The card is obviously a blank, but since you've put so much money in on the flop and you have a 2/3 pot sized bet left you have to shove, and you're only really going to get called by the nuts

Either way you're going to go broke in this hand it seems, regardless of your bet sizing, but I think you would get more value out of the hand against weaker ranges if you bet smaller on the flop/turn.

Hand is standard, but I wouldnt bet so much on the flop in general.

Turn is an easy shove, unlucky, but thats poker

Remember to not think about your play vs his hand, but against his range. If we give him a range of lots of Ax hands, KJ, QJ as well as KQ then we have a must-shove situation on the turn.

That's what I figured. Pretty hard hand to get away from.
Bet sizing is definitely something I need to work on. At the time I justified the large open by looking at his stack and thinking that he's call any less than pot with draws.
Was a frustrating hand for me as I'd played pretty well up until then. Wouldn't have even been in the hand if I wasn't BB.

You still had a strong hand and you would have won that hand many times. But when you get up to the bigger leagues you got to expect that if there is a Straight on the board then someone either has it or chasing it. If the straight came on the turn or river it would be different. Always best to test the water in my uneducated opinion with a 3/4 pot raise. Unless they have the big stack of course.

^ ^ if I have ~ 7 BB and flop 2 pair.......yeah, well lets just say there's going to be no river play. If you were say 100 BB deep you have think about the hands that crush you: set combos, of which we have blockers (and no raise pre by anyone - slow played AA in late position defo possibility in tournaments however - less so at lower buy ins), better two pair (again we have blockers) and the 16 combos of KQ....but that leaves us with a stack of Ax types of hands that fish limp in with that they'll take as the nutz on the flop, pair + gutter hands, and also just other random stuff that playas turn up with. Unfortunately no flsh drws there apart from redraws (which knocks out a whole heap of hands possible) so yeah if you were deeper and were shown pressure by another player after you flop led (as said above, the sizing of your bet is not good, but at 7 BB it doesn't really matter that much because you are pot committed anyway) it's a snap fold, or if you a tournament God, check call until the river to hit a fullhouse and the nutz on the table and watch the villain turn over another not quite nutty hand after you shove and he calls.

All in all if deep, J 10 is a pretty weak holding on that board, especially if shown pressure by opponents and especially if OOP - but with 7 BB in a donkament just treat it like a royal flush and you can't go too far wrong.

Was this a turbo? If it was (and I'm assuming it is) then, yeah I guess 6 or 7 BB is standard but in a normal tourney try not to get below 15 BB, and preferably not 20 BB. Widen your get-it-in-range as your stack drops compared to the BB, especially in late position. You should aim to win the tourney, not to get in the money, and you can't win it without having a stack to do so. As Neil Young said: its better to burn out then to fade away.

^ ^ I only play Stars.....I don't think u can really go wrong with it. Biggest provider.....I know there are some sites with more Aussies than others like 888 apparently. If u really want soft fields Id go for some of the European sites. Apparently the French version of Stars (which is a separate entity) is like stepping back in time to 2006.

Came 2nd in 550 Super XL Mega Deep on 888 for $78.5k on sunday obv an amazing score.

slept from about 7 till now taken 2 days off work aswell :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to hate it but never really played on it as my highest score before today was $4 in a HU Hyper turbo. :) also came 10th in the 215 Turbo Mega Deep with 20k uptop. Only played cause my mates were playing and thought it would be super soft.

I used to hate it but never really played on it as my highest score before today was $4 in a HU Hyper turbo. :) also came 10th in the 215 Turbo Mega Deep with 20k uptop. Only played cause my mates were playing and thought it would be super soft.

Do you mean your biggest score on 888 was $4, or you made your biggest score in a $4 hyper turbo?

Which means you mustve scored the 10th in the 215 turbo the same day as the $550 score?

Its a big jump from micro turbos to $550's and $215's, what inspired the jump? Shot taking or won some satties etc?

Do you mean your biggest score on 888 was $4, or you made your biggest score in a $4 hyper turbo?

Which means you mustve scored the 10th in the 215 turbo the same day as the $550 score?

Its a big jump from micro turbos to $550's and $215's, what inspired the jump? Shot taking or won some satties etc?

I usually play on stars/tilt before it went down I opened a 888 account a while ago to play with a mate for the free $8 you get when you sign up. Busted up the $8 never really thought about it, when I play sunday/monday mornings I go around to my mates house and we usually swap some action. Plus being in that enviroment is definatly +ev.

On Stars I don't usually play that high but micro-midstakes, also satilette into the Sunday majors. I really have most of my success live poker I play mainly medium stakes cash games.

I have been shot taking/winning some satilettes into the majors. The 888 had the XL super series which is similar to like a wcoop on stars, where the prize pool's are inflated. Plus they are super soft on 888.

I was more tilted I couldn't take down the title as I couldn't flop a pair HU & when I did flop a decent hand 3bet pot pre (56dd) flop would come 34Kdd and go brick brick. Just little things and as stupid as it is you cant deal on 888... whoever invented that deserves to be shot.:mad:

36238.gif

JFC nice work....

I too read that as a biggest score from $4 to $78k which is pretty lol.

nh...

haha, that would be sick the guy that came first's biggest cash was the satilette to get into the tourney lol.

haha, that would be sick the guy that came first's biggest cash was the satilette to get into the tourney lol.

That was the case for the winner of the 2012 WCOOP main event I'm pretty sure

Won his seat through FPP steps, was a micro 180 grinder or something with a $2abi

That was the case for the winner of the 2012 WCOOP main event I'm pretty sure

Won his seat through FPP steps, was a micro 180 grinder or something with a $2abi

Turned 40 FPP into a million bucks, there was a picture on pokerstars where a board was done like the game of life but just replaced all the moves with all the steps it took to get the million.

Nice score matty :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back