Grimes broken down again

Remove this Banner Ad

Junior does not have to meet yours or anyone else's requirements as to how to post inside information or any info for that matter. He provided info that gave everyone that was screaming out for it what they wanted. Surely that's enough ?? The clubs official statement will eventually prove junior right or wrong.... People on hear treat 24 hours like an eternity...

Cool your jets. It's not like Harmichael and I attacked the guy. In the context of the discussion we stated the importance of having credibility, something I now realize he does have due to accurate posting in the past. My mistake. However, when you present bold statements as fact on a public forum people WILL question your credibility, they'd be stupid not to.

Dont worry everybody im sure Burge will hav him going ballistic and tearing it up within a couple of weeks. :thumbsu:

Having not long ago turned 21 i don't think DG has stopped growing. I'm hopeful that that will happen over the next year or so. It can leave players susceptible to injury due to training loads etc. Absolutely spewing for Dylan, if anyone can get passed this though it would be him. Just comes across as such a great young man, really good attitude etc :thumbsu:

Having not long ago turned 21 i don't think DG has stopped growing. I'm hopeful that that will happen over the next year or so. It can leave players susceptible to injury due to training loads etc. Absolutely spewing for Dylan, if anyone can get passed this though it would be him. Just comes across as such a great young man, really good attitude etc :thumbsu:
Misread that bit TJ and chortled at your cheek with claiming to be that young again - then i understood and all good :D:thumbsu:

Cool your jets. It's not like Harmichael and I attacked the guy. In the context of the discussion we stated the importance of having credibility, something I now realize he does have due to accurate posting in the past. My mistake. However, when you present bold statements as fact on a public forum people WILL question your credibility, they'd be stupid not to.
Alls cool, I wouldn't call what he said a bold statement tho.... Some don't feel it's important to divulge their links...

OK - article on RFC site http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/151787/default.aspx says that it is a split in the tendon (NOT a tear) and makes it sound as though this is almost precautionary rather than critical.

Can someone with a medical background give us a rundown on this? Having a split does not necessarily weaken the tendon? Were Grimesys previous issues muscle or tendon - did the good Kraut Herr Doktor strengthen the muscle up too much?

my understanding is he has a split in the tendon connecting the muscle to the bone, either at the top or bottom. good and bad news to this, has no impact on the actual hamstring and once repaired shouldn't go again, however has a longer recovery time to your average tear

this is his 3rd hamstring injury this year, and tearing it off the bone in 2011.

we should now consider Grimes an unlikely starter and make plans for him to not be available.

And if he is available, it will be a bonus.

Good luck to the kid, hope he can beat this injury and make it back to play regular footy.

my understanding is he has a split in the tendon connecting the muscle to the bone, either at the top or bottom. good and bad news to this, has no impact on the actual hamstring and once repaired shouldn't go again, however has a longer recovery time to your average tear

So what your saying is, this is actually an injury he hasn't done before (that we know of)? That would make me feel much better.

Not at the moment!;)
In all seriousness, at 21, a modified season (or two) would not be the worst idea, IF it could mean 5 or 6 seasons of continuity....
If only it were that simple. His problem is over extending, reaching etc further than his hammies are designed to go. So whenever the ball is thereabouts he's bound to lunge at it, he can't help it. Remember when they tried to teach Cyril to change his running style, it was for the same reason.
I'm hoping he just grows out of this. But really it's just blind hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hers a study that looks at outcomes FYI. Maybe we all need to relax.
Surgical treatment of partial tears of the proximal origin of the hamstring muscles Br J Sports Med 2006;40:688-69147 athletes (48 cases, 1 bilateral) with partial proximal hamstring tears were operated on. Results: The mean length of the follow up was 36 months (range 6–72). The result of the operation was rated excellent in 33 cases, good in nine, fair in four, and poor in two. Forty one patients were able to return to their former level of sport after an average of five months

Conclusion:
According to our results, it seems that excellent or good outcomes may be expected after surgical repair in most cases of partial proximal hamstring tear. However, surgery is technically easier in the acute phase

Hers a study that looks at outcomes FYI. Maybe we all need to relax.
Surgical treatment of partial tears of the proximal origin of the hamstring muscles Br J Sports Med 2006;40:688-69147 athletes (48 cases, 1 bilateral) with partial proximal hamstring tears were operated on. Results: The mean length of the follow up was 36 months (range 6–72). The result of the operation was rated excellent in 33 cases, good in nine, fair in four, and poor in two. Forty one patients were able to return to their former level of sport after an average of five months

Conclusion:
According to our results, it seems that excellent or good outcomes may be expected after surgical repair in most cases of partial proximal hamstring tear. However, surgery is technically easier in the acute phase

It is not a hamstring muscle tear, it is a split in the tendon that joins the hamstring to the back of the knee. Only problem with tendons and ligaments is there isn't much blood flow through them which makes repair time a lot slower. Some serious tendon damage can take 6-12 months or longer to heal properly, so it is a lot more serious than a hamstring. Thankfully it is only a minor split, hate seeing players down hurt, especially guys with a history of injuries.

It is not a hamstring muscle tear, it is a split in the tendon that joins the hamstring to the back of the knee. Only problem with tendons and ligaments is there isn't much blood flow through them which makes repair time a lot slower. Some serious tendon damage can take 6-12 months or longer to heal properly, so it is a lot more serious than a hamstring. Thankfully it is only a minor split, hate seeing players down hurt, especially guys with a history of injuries.
How do you know its the distal end of the hamstring where it attaches to the knee?

Junior does not have to meet yours or anyone else's requirements as to how to post inside information or any info for that matter. He provided info that gave everyone that was screaming out for it what they wanted. Surely that's enough ?? The clubs official statement will eventually prove junior right or wrong.... People on hear treat 24 hours like an eternity...

Actually he does.

This is an anon Internet forum, and most of us have no idea who each other are, our networks, and our professions.

As such, most have the same level of cred, minimal at best.

If you come on making bold claims, you will be questioned and asked to verify, without question. If you are too precious to accept that, keep your information to yourself and don't spill.

Right or wrong, no one get immunity from having their allegeded mail questioned. If this isnt acceptable, don't post private confidential information.

How do you know its the distal end of the hamstring where it attaches to the knee?

I didn't mean to be specific, I meant from the back of the knee to the hip. :p I have no idea which one he hurt.

Such a shame, he is absolutely crucial to our structure and is one of the few reliable kicks from defence (with his height)
Maybe they will turn Batchelor into the new Dylan Grimes but I'm not too sure.
Mcintosh would seem the appropriate replacement but how can we rely on a first year player to just slot straight in.
Astbury doesn't have the foot skills or the decision making ability of Grimes and neither does Griffiths in my opinion.
Oh man.

imo both griff and astbury are better by foot. griff esp so.

imo both griff and astbury are better by foot. griff esp so.

Maybe as a set kick, but I do believe Grimes can rebound better from the back and is better by foot on the run.
Whenever he plays he sets up a lot of our attacks from the back third of the ground, something which Griff and Astbury don't do as well.
Grimes reminds me a lot of D. Fletcher.

Maybe as a set kick, but I do believe Grimes can rebound better from the back and is better by foot on the run.
Whenever he plays he sets up a lot of our attacks from the back third of the ground, something which Griff and Astbury don't do as well.
Grimes reminds me a lot of D. Fletcher.

sorry mate still disagree. the amount of times griff set us up i cant count to. astbury while injured is also a better kick set still or not. grimes has improved alot with his kicking and while might be quicker from hand to foot imo is not a better kick than them. just my view.

sorry mate still disagree. the amount of times griff set us up i cant count to. astbury while injured is also a better kick set still or not. grimes has improved alot with his kicking and while might be quicker from hand to foot imo is not a better kick than them. just my view.

It's actually a good thing that we're having this little debate.
Remember the days when we would cringe at most players who had the ball in their hand? :p
Not anymore. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back