List Mgmt. Harry Taylor signs five-year contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
I know Channel 9 is real McDonald's journalism and all but they have claimed in the news tonight that 'sources say' Harry Taylor 'has been overheard' to say he would 'possibly' be keen on going back to Perth to finish his career with the Eagles when his current deal expires to replace Darren Glass.

Slow news day out west to keep AFL in the headlines it seems so they've resorted to making more stuff up than usual and wanting an exclusive.

Baby Duck

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Harry strikes me as the typical one club player. I can't see him leaving, so I call bullshit on this one. Also, I dont think anyone around the club would be too happy to hear anyone plan out a departure to different club. All it would indicate is that his heart isn't in it and he is not dedicated to the club that showed a lot of faith in him. So yeah, all things considered I think this is just another bullshit fluff article.

I know Channel 9 is real McDonald's journalism and a
Slow news day out west to keep AFL in the headlines it seems so they've resorted to making more stuff up than usual and wanting an exclusive.

That is all

HappyChappy35

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team
He 'possibly' wants to end his career in Perth? Either it's just something that has crossed Harry's mind without him giving it serious consideration yet, or it is a poor, half-hearted attempt by Channel 9 at constructing a typical off-season fluff piece (the use of the words 'possibly' and 'overheard' in this story indicate a possible giveaway that they're making this up).

The latter is most likely the case I reckon.

HappyChappy35

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team
I heard Selwood likes to duck but had chicken instead?

Shouldn't Collingwood be busy making videos of Selwood 'ducking' (i.e. putting his head over the ball) to send to the AFL?

I've heard Maxwell is looking to stay at the Pies so he can continue to ride the coat-tails of teammates and therefore appear as though he is a decent captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
I've heard Maxwell is looking to stay at the Pies so he can continue to ride the coat-tails of teammates and therefore appear as though he is a decent captain.

Feels strange that there has been no article this summer about Maxwell's offended over the 2011 Grand Final.

Feels strange that there has been no article this summer about Maxwell's offended over the 2011 Grand Final.
Maxwell has actually spent the offseason trying to get the photo of him with the 2010 cup published again. He has been declined through lack of interest..

World Vision was happy to run the piece - they thought it was charity case..

GO Catters.

HT wont be going anywhere unless he feels his family could be bettered elsewhere. I have no information at all for this but he seems like the kind of guy that is very thoughtful and meticulous in his ways. If there is a better opportunity it would need to cover and benefit all facets of his life.

In other words, keep him bloody happy down the coast people and she'll be apples.....;)

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back