News Welcome to the Kennel, pick #50 - Joshua Prudden

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys have got a gem here I coached him at Cranbourne Juniors for 2 years great kid and a very smart player. I hope evrything goes well for you Josh. Your old coach Harry

Thanks for posting this here Harry - much appreciated!

he mentioned he is a freak at fitness goes to the gym every day, very focussed (sounds like Crossy).

Music to my ears.

[BertNewtonVoice] I like the boy.[/BertNewtonVoice]

74211_10151271867027487_1693714726_n.jpg

Seems like a good kid, nice interview.

On another note, I'm ******* sick of Atherston.

Seems like a great bloke and a great pickup.

Credit to Simon Darylmple for finding him. Apparently we were the only club to have any interest, no doubt due to Scotty Wynd. All the best!

I had a chat to one of his best friends on Sunday, rated him highly, said he was the captain of Assumption College, and lead them to a premiership. Rated him as the nicest bloke you could ever meet, and very decent. Still working at the local Target, don't know for how much longer:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like a great bloke and a great pickup.

Credit to Simon Darylmple for finding him. Apparently we were the only club to have any interest, no doubt due to Scotty Wynd. All the best!

Lets not give credit to anyone until such time as the kid looks likely to be a 100+ gamer for us.
For mine he looks like a Picken replacement/clone- Hard -= not particulary polished but someone to get the job done.

Recruiting is an amazing thing at times - this kid doesnt have 1 other club talk to him, has played no real rep footy, yet gets drafted in the 50's. A guy like Cohlouqhon (sorry spelling terrible I know) from SA makes the all Australian TAC cup team averaging 28 touches and 6 marks (with skills likened to Gilbee) and doesn't get a look in.
Thats not a slight on our recruiters given all clubs bypassed him - just dont know how that happens unless there is off field matters costing the kid form SA.

How would you pronounce Cohloughon?
I think no recruiter was game to say the name. Is it Colon, Kolowan or like Cologone.

I heard there are doubts about his contested game. But I think his name is the biggest problem.
His name's Colquhoun, and I believe it's just Kol-coon.

Hopefully Prudden can play 3-8 games next year, backing that most would be off the back flank.

Lets not give credit to anyone until such time as the kid looks likely to be a 100+ gamer for us.
For mine he looks like a Picken replacement/clone- Hard -= not particulary polished but someone to get the job done.

Recruiting is an amazing thing at times - this kid doesnt have 1 other club talk to him, has played no real rep footy, yet gets drafted in the 50's. A guy like Cohlouqhon (sorry spelling terrible I know) from SA makes the all Australian TAC cup team averaging 28 touches and 6 marks (with skills likened to Gilbee) and doesn't get a look in.
Thats not a slight on our recruiters given all clubs bypassed him - just dont know how that happens unless there is off field matters costing the kid form SA.

I'm not giving credit for any success, I'm merely giving credit to the recruiting team for being the only one too look at him. He also obviously fits the ethos that the club is trying to promote, the "quality people" thing. But yes, I do get what you're trying to say. Maybe I made my point too strongly.

Yeah, I think it's Colk-hoon
It's a Scottish name. I was told a long time ago by someone with that name that it's pronounced Co-HEWN ... with the emphasis on the second syllable. I've also heard Col-hewn or Col-hown. Definitely not Colk-hewn or Colkwoon.

Anyway unless we draft him let's not worry. I'm still trying to get the phlegm out of my throat with "Chrovat".

Was an article in the local paper about Josh, which I scanned, but the file is too big to upload.

His father was in that fatal truck accident near the border the day of the draft, he wasn't killed but the driver he was with was. Strange day for Prudden.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back