AFL Game Replays

johnthegardener

Team Captain
Jan 14, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've been away for a while only coming back home recently however I can't get onto the site to watch game/match replays. All I get is rubbish "news" video clips. Certainly not interested in watching about other clubs.

Can anyone give me a lead on how to get back to the actual game replays (for the past couple of years) or has the AFL done away with them completely.

May 8, 2008
Mandurah
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
North Queensland Cowboys
I'll second the smart replays - its pretty good. Guess the withdrawals at kicking in for a lot of us as I just watched the Geelong Final the other day too! Hurry up Nab cup!

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
The AFL app (on the iPhone) has every game this year. Watched a few quarters where I was at the game. I did actually pay the $50 for the access this year, so maybe it's not free?

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The AFL app (on the iPhone) has every game this year. Watched a few quarters where I was at the game. I did actually pay the $50 for the access this year, so maybe it's not free?

Only available to Telstra customers. New AFl website has replays in flash only? Used to work on iPad. Now doesn't.

May 8, 2008
Mandurah
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
North Queensland Cowboys
Quick question - is the afl smart replay unmetered for bigpond users? I cant find a simple answer anyway and refuse to stay on hold with them for ages. Just wanted to check before I go and watch a whole heap of old games.

Jan 5, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Quick question - is the afl smart replay unmetered for bigpond users? I cant find a simple answer anyway and refuse to stay on hold with them for ages. Just wanted to check before I go and watch a whole heap of old games.

It should be unmetered. I watch them all the time and on my bill it had like 23 gig of unmetered useage that i wasn't charged for. :)

Freo Dr

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Yeh unmetered but sadly with my wireless connection (cannot get ADSL) I was left trying to load the Geelong final without it getting anywhere on low resolution for 20 minutes. Having missed the 2nd half the season and some of the best games (e.g. Vs Richmond) while travelling ATM I may be forced to buy it for my collection (have a lot of games back to 2006).

valkorum

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Sacremento Kings
Yeh unmetered but sadly with my wireless connection (cannot get ADSL) I was left trying to load the Geelong final without it getting anywhere on low resolution for 20 minutes. Having missed the 2nd half the season and some of the best games (e.g. Vs Richmond) while travelling ATM I may be forced to buy it for my collection (have a lot of games back to 2006).

I tried watching that game as well on Sunday night and I have ADSL2+ unlimited and it wasnt loading for me either.

Mar 17, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Rockets
Any suggestion for I Pad users...Flash is not our friend :(

The Specky Selector site is good for that but it seems to be down.

Any particular game you're looking for? The flash player might be new but the core video files are still the same and compatible with iPad.

For example, here's the 1st quarter in our Round 22 game against North:

http://gameanalyser.bigpond.com/pd_...d22/AFL12_rd22_nmfc_vs_fre_1st_qr_full_2M.mp4

Just change "rd22" and the teams (home team first) for all the other games :)

JunglistPosse

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

valkorum

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I am looking to watch the Geelong V Freo 1st final again. Especially the 1st and 4th quarters.

BananaOnTheRun

Cancelled
Sep 12, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Specky Selector site is good for that but it seems to be down.

Any particular game you're looking for? The flash player might be new but the core video files are still the same and compatible with iPad.

For example, here's the 1st quarter in our Round 22 game against North:

http://gameanalyser.bigpond.com/pd_...d22/AFL12_rd22_nmfc_vs_fre_1st_qr_full_2M.mp4

Just change "rd22" and the teams (home team first) for all the other games :)
How do you download the game on a Mac? I can't figure it out.

Kepfan

All Australian
Feb 15, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
http://speckyselector.zzl.org/

thats where you wanna go, has all games avaliable to download

just every year or so he changed address cos its probably illegal what hes doing

guys a champ
Great link! Just what I needed a footy fix.
Rewatching round one against Geelong The Afro samurai had a good one. Hope he can maintain some form over the whole year could be weapon up forward.

feds2000

All Australian
Mar 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Great link! Just what I needed a footy fix.
Rewatching round one against Geelong The Afro samurai had a good one. Hope he can maintain some form over the whole year could be weapon up forward.

no probs, ill post his new site when he changes it for new season, thats where i watch the nab cup docker games that arnt televised, with a few hours of delay

Mar 17, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Rockets
I am looking to watch the Geelong V Freo 1st final again. Especially the 1st and 4th quarters.

Here we go:

http://gameanalyser.bigpond.com/pd_.../fw1/AFL12_fw1_geel_vs_fre_1st_qr_full_2M.mp4

http://gameanalyser.bigpond.com/pd_.../fw1/AFL12_fw1_geel_vs_fre_4th_qr_full_2M.mp4

How do you download the game on a Mac? I can't figure it out.

Sorry mate, got no idea about Macs. FWIW, you just right click the link and click "Save Link As" in Windows.

Harry Reems

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
For those lucky enough with Foxtel, Fox Footy are showing every game back to back from the 2012 season, including the NAB Cup matches and the finals series. It's just one big continuous off-season marathon. It gets a bit frustrating waiting for the Freo matches to come around though, but I have managed to see most of the games so far. My goal is to have watched every game again come the start of the NAB Cup.

It's great watching the game without the emotion of watching a live match.

Last night I saw the round one match against Geelong again. Fantastic last quarter in which Pav soccers the winning goal. How good was Mellington in that game? Not to mention Nat Fyfe who was B.O.G. that day.

valkorum

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
For those lucky enough with Foxtel, Fox Footy are showing every game back to back from the 2012 season, including the NAB Cup matches and the finals series. It's just one big continuous off-season marathon. It gets a bit frustrating waiting for the Freo matches to come around though, but I have managed to see most of the games so far. My goal is to have watched every game again come the start of the NAB Cup.

It's great watching the game without the emotion of watching a live match.

Last night I saw the round one match against Geelong again. Fantastic last quarter in which Pav soccers the winning goal. How good was Mellington in that game? Not to mention Nat Fyfe who was B.O.G. that day.

If you have IQ then just go to the TV Guide and program every game to record :)

feds2000

All Australian
Mar 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
hmm spekkysavers site is down, the 2012 one, anyone found the 2013 one, its usually up by now

Freo_4eva

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont, San Antonio, ND Irish
This is as gooder place as any to put this and i dont wanna create a new thread (not nobody not know how).. anyone with Fox Footy, the 30min AFL Thriller tonight is Round 5 Stk v Freo from 2006 (i assume its sirengate??) on straight after AFL360, starts at 5:30pm and replayed a bit later on as well.

Back