Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Jul 8, 2002
Why? You stalking me?
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Whoever's winning
I thought there was a thread on Saville already but I can't see it so maybe it was on anther board.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wor...ex-investigation/story-fnhrvhol-1226608965017

"A PROMINENT Australian entertainer has been arrested by Scotland Yard detectives in London on suspicion of sexual offences.

Metropolitan Police confirmed officers have arrested an 82-year-old man living in Berkshire."

Are we allowed to speculate on who it is here? Not sure of the rules on that. I presume he wasn't named in the story for a reason.

Apr 23, 2007
around about
AFL Club
Sydney
I thought there was a thread on Saville already but I can't see it so maybe it was on anther board.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wor...ex-investigation/story-fnhrvhol-1226608965017

"A PROMINENT Australian entertainer has been arrested by Scotland Yard detectives in London on suspicion of sexual offences.

Metropolitan Police confirmed officers have arrested an 82-year-old man living in Berkshire."

Are we allowed to speculate on who it is here? Not sure of the rules on that. I presume he wasn't named in the story for a reason.

Speculation to a certain level is ok providing it comes with reasoning. Back it up with a reason as to why you think this person might be a suspect. It is of course your posts are your own responsibilit. If you flash random names around without grounding there will be issues but to allow no speculation on a crime board would reduce it to news medium and that it is not.

a prominent 82 year old Australian entertainers living in Berkshire couldn't be too many and I'm sad to say one name jumps out at me straight away.

CLUBMEDhurst

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2008
Under the moonlight, the serious moonlight
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man City
Speculation to a certain level is ok providing it comes with reasoning. Back it up with a reason as to why you think this person might be a suspect. It is of course your posts are your own responsibilit. If you flash random names around without grounding there will be issues but to allow no speculation on a crime board would reduce it to news medium and that it is not.

a prominent 82 year old Australian entertainers living in Berkshire couldn't be too many and I'm sad to say one name jumps out at me straight away.

Tie me down

Apr 23, 2009
Barcelona, Catalonia.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Penguins, Aston Villa, Adel Utd.
Rowlf%20the%20Dog.jpg

Illinois Nazi

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 8, 2002
Why? You stalking me?
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Whoever's winning
Has he been arrested or just questioned? They wouldn't name him if he was just being questioned. They would name him if he was being formally charged.
It says arrested and bailed to a date in May. Though in the UK I think they can do that for investigation purposes without charges.

He was interviewed by Police in relation to Jimmy Saville On 29 November 2012. At that stage he was under caution. The Police had used a search warrant 5 days before that to search a home in Berkshire. Police obviously have carried out further enquiries and arrested and bailed him today to appear sometime in May. Well if that dont shake me to my wobble board.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
Yeah, as soon as they said the age, just google it and it comes up. There aren't too many entertainers of his age.

Yes he was born in Aus but has spent most of his life in the UK so no real surprise given how much time he spends over there.

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yes, it seems quite obvious. It will be interesting to hear whether further reports state it was an 83 year old Australian entertainer, as tomorrow (March 30) is his birthday.

Apr 23, 2007
around about
AFL Club
Sydney
The crime board is not a humorless place. But remember that crimes have victims and the board protocol that sensitivity must be given when posting as well.

When the joke cross into making one about victims of sex offences, particularly children it has crossed the line and will not be allowed.

If your wondering if you made and if it did go to far, if it's still here it didn't cross that line. If it's gone, it has and you know why. Please don't repeat it.

lemon chicken

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2008
Mordialloc
AFL Club
Essendon
It says arrested and bailed to a date in May. Though in the UK I think they can do that for investigation purposes without charges.

Ive read an article that says its possible he could of been a witness to an offence that took place, could be the reason why no major news outlets are naming him. Weird that they searched his house if that was the case though.

Illinois Nazi

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 8, 2002
Why? You stalking me?
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Whoever's winning
Ive read an article that says its possible he could of been a witness to an offence that took place, could be the reason why no major news outlets are naming him. Weird that they searched his house if that was the case though.
And put him on bail conditions to return at another date...

Do you say it's obvious because there have always been question marks, or obvious because there aren't many 82 year old Australian entertainers living in England?
The latter.

"Prominent 82 year old Australian entertainer living in England" only suggests one person to me.

Back