Status
Not open for further replies.

Dammit

Challenge Accepted
Mar 20, 2010
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Gold Coast
so what type of players would you trade for ... that is doable?
The types of players we need are, in my opinion:
A) big power key forward we can hoof it to to get out of trouble
B) smart, dangerous and mature forward/mid (Stevey J, Daisy type)
C) key defender

Who exactly is the hardest question. None of those types grow on trees. I guess it would depend on who feels unsettled come seasons end.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Very rare to get someone rated as "best in position" swapping clubs.
Someone like
Cloke, Hawkins etc
SJ ,
Harry Taylor , Grundy etc

Mostly you get role players, someone adequate. Champs are mostly self produced.

I would have though you are progressing nicely on the 2nd and 3rd. 1st may just have to be something you work towards , you have guys like Dixon who looks a good bail out type ... unless you can shake someone like Gumbelton loose.

Dammit

Challenge Accepted
Mar 20, 2010
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I see someone like Thomas coming off contract as a great target. Although that doesn't really relate to trading. I think a club like STK or the Dogs or Adelaide (who knows where they are at) - clubs on their way down who might look at offloading a decent older (mid-late twenties) player for a couple of high picks. Or a high pick and a young player we already have.

Mind you, can't think of anyone off the top of my head from those clubs who I'd want. Except Riewoldt. Won't happen, but he is from up Qld way.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I see someone like Thomas coming off contract as a great target. Although that doesn't really relate to trading. I think a club like STK or the Dogs or Adelaide (who knows where they are at) - clubs on their way down who might look at offloading a decent older (mid-late twenties) player for a couple of high picks. Or a high pick and a young player we already have.

Mind you, can't think of anyone off the top of my head from those clubs who I'd want. Except Riewoldt. Won't happen, but he is from up Qld way.

Yeah funny I mentioned Dixon and then he kicks 6. But you have plenty of big tall guys.Like Lynch a lot.
Could you do with a Harry Taylor . Of course. But I think you just keep working toward it.

Really Im not sure you should do much in the way of trades bar pick any player that would be better than what you have. No obvious holes so much and plenty of potential in most spots. I don't see a need to trade in - it will be more likely that you again trade out and get earlier in the draft. Gather another early pick by on trading picks and fringe players. Gorringe and Nicholls for instance.
Im sure you wouldn't mind Aish in your side , add Martin next year you have plenty of speed height almost the lot.

Dammit

Challenge Accepted
Mar 20, 2010
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You've gotta remember who we were playing though. Everyone looks good against GWS. Especially talls. But yeah, trade up for a higher pick if it came to it. My preference is still to target an experienced gun.

vide0n

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You've gotta remember who we were playing though. Everyone looks good against GWS. Especially talls. But yeah, trade up for a higher pick if it came to it. My preference is still to target an experienced gun.
Rory didn't look too flash today. :(

vide0n

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
After today's performance, wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't pick up a forward IMO. Back in the young guys, GAJ will spend more time there too I imagine.

Maybe it's the path of "defence, defence, defence" to victory after all. :p

Dammit

Challenge Accepted
Mar 20, 2010
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Gold Coast
After today's performance, wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't pick up a forward IMO. Back in the young guys, GAJ will spend more time there too I imagine.

Maybe it's the path of "defence, defence, defence" to victory after all. :p
We looked unstoppable today most of the time. That won't happen against better sides. But yeah, if they can do that every week we'll be right!

TheJaegerBomb

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, GS Warriors
While we need an experienced KPF it is becoming more obvious through Warnock's injury that we need more experienced but not old KPDs. We really lack depth here. While I like the idea of swinging forwards back every now and then I much prefer stability in the side.

Isnt Mitch Brown from WCE out of contract this year? I would be keen on him. Young and not a bad player.

Frawley should be our number 1 target however.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'd be more inclined to pick up a free agent if one becomes available and hang onto our early picks. Also, do we have the option of shifting senior players to our rookie list instead of delisting?

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Yeah nah i'm not Armitage's biggest fan but don't wanna lose him. Anyone else?
I cant see the Saints trading their first round pick this year and i cant see Gold Coast wanting a second round pick when you have to cull the list again at seasons end and have 2 first round picks at your disposal.
Hickey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheJaegerBomb

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
brown is certain to go to st kilda
gumbo apparently was offered massive deals
by carlton and bulldogs last yr but decided to stay
i dont think he would come to goldie

Just like Caddy was certain to go to Essendon? Don't be so sure. If we have a crack at him I'm sure he'd rather come here.

TheJaegerBomb

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
While we need an experienced KPF it is becoming more obvious through Warnock's injury that we need more experienced but not old KPDs. We really lack depth here. While I like the idea of swinging forwards back every now and then I much prefer stability in the side.

Isnt Mitch Brown from WCE out of contract this year? I would be keen on him. Young and not a bad player.

Frawley should be our number 1 target however.

^

TheJaegerBomb

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
This one? I thought you meant Campbell too. Sorry!

Still not showing, maybe it's my phone.

Bloody hell you lot are illiterate! This isn't the Collingwood board is it? ;)

Anyone keen on Mitch Brown? We would get him cheap as considering he wants out from the Eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back