Essendon uncover peptides invoice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is 18 carat rolled gold ... FACT

IF the ACC was dudded by those it took into their confidence is no excuse that should appease Bombers deniers, i.e mxett.
here is what essendon said at their presses:

Essendon chairman David Evans told a press conference at AFL House on Tuesday afternoon that the Bombers had received information in the past two days raising concerns about the supplements.

Evans said the Bombers had contacted the AFL and ASADA on Tuesday to launch an immediate joint investigation.

"Of course this is a very distressing time for our club, our executive, our players and our board. We believe as a club that we have done everything right to be compliant with the rules and regulations of the AFL and ASADA," Evans said.

"But the integrity of the club is critical to the people sitting at this table and, of course, for the broader Essendon family. And that is why we have moved quickly today to call the AFL and ASADA to seek a clean bill of health.

"The info we gathered over the last 24 or 48 hours is slightly concerning, and we want to dig a bit deeper but we want the AFL to help us."

Doesn't this show Evans believed their processes were wada complaint but were told only days before this may not be the case?

Doesn't this show Evans believed their processes were wada complaint but were told only days before this may not be the case?

Unlike the football department I would suggest that yes Evans thought and was most likely told it was it was complient by those running it; doesn't mean it was (or wasn't).

After this story broke it has been a cover your own arse affair from all those involved. My reasons to by more on the side of EFC being guilty is because I hate you pricks and want to see you burn (just kidding :D ). The real reason is when "breaking stories" happen the media always suggest the worse. However normally as facts and opinions are dripped feed to the media it tends to always suggest evidence that it is a nothing story.

In this instance though with every new piece of information printed in the media it has always pushed itself towards trouble for the EFC. Even this new opinion piece of quote; that the players may get off, well the ACC doesn't determine the regulations of WADA or ASADA. Also if the focus is now on getting the players off on a technicality, have those involved resounded to the fact that the club will be found guilty and hope the players escape penalty?

here is what essendon said at their presses:

Essendon chairman David Evans told a press conference at AFL House on Tuesday afternoon that the Bombers had received information in the past two days raising concerns about the supplements.

Evans said the Bombers had contacted the AFL and ASADA on Tuesday to launch an immediate joint investigation.

"Of course this is a very distressing time for our club, our executive, our players and our board. We believe as a club that we have done everything right to be compliant with the rules and regulations of the AFL and ASADA," Evans said.

"But the integrity of the club is critical to the people sitting at this table and, of course, for the broader Essendon family. And that is why we have moved quickly today to call the AFL and ASADA to seek a clean bill of health.

"The info we gathered over the last 24 or 48 hours is slightly concerning, and we want to dig a bit deeper but we want the AFL to help us."

Moving the goal posts sweetness, you were claiming the ACC was involved at this time yet Evans makes no mention of the ACC.

You are getting with the program though mxett, check out the ACC press conference & press release sometime soon, heck its nearly 3 months old.

Moving the goal posts sweetness, you were claiming the ACC was involved at this time yet Evans makes no mention of the ACC.

You are getting with the program though mxett, check out the ACC press conference & press release sometime soon, heck its nearly 3 months old.
How am I getting with the program when I haven't contradicted any of my prior statements? Essendon heard information about their supplement program that led them to invited ASADA to investigate.

This was one of your original comments: "You seem to need another party to be involved - is that a part of the denial that engulfs you?"

Can you tell me how they heard new information about their program without it coming from an external party?

How am I getting with the program when I haven't contradicted any of my prior statements? Essendon heard information about their supplement program that led them to invited ASADA to investigate.

This was one of your original comments: "You seem to need another party to be involved - is that a part of the denial that engulfs you?"

Can you tell me how they heard new information about their program without it coming from an external party?

I think the difference here is semantics.

Essendon on being tipped off by Vlad, pull a hastily put together presser announcing concerns that had just come to light about their supplement program. Knowing full well that ASADA are about to descend on them, they invite ASADA in to investigate them. Now this is done (reluctantly one would think judging by the looks on their faces) because the AFL know that ASADA might reduce any possible penalty because Essendon has been completely open and honest and assisting ASADA in their investigation.

What he didn't count on was little skeletons in the closet that have murkied the water.

Maybe Doc Reid was listened too, he is rumoured to be well thought of in footy & had been unhappy with what had been going on, maybe Reimers, maybe the player leadership group took ownership of the problem after seemingly ignoring it, maybe an auditor questioned some dubious expenditure, or even a set of financials revealed expenditure outside budget (Ziggy will review whether such a mundane procedure is followed at BomberLand) - why must it have come from an external source other than it is a crutch for your ongoing denial.

Why is the source even relevant, given it was before the ACC went public.

Maybe Doc Reid was listened too, he is rumoured to be well thought of in footy & had been unhappy with what had been going on, maybe Reimers, maybe the player leadership group took ownership of the problem after seemingly ignoring it, maybe an auditor questioned some dubious expenditure, or even a set of financials revealed expenditure outside budget (Ziggy will review whether such a mundane procedure is followed at BomberLand) - why must it have come from an external source other than it is a crutch for your ongoing denial.

Why is the source even relevant, given it was before the ACC went public.
So advice their supplement program contravined WADA policy came from a person within the club a few days before the ACC presser....:eek:

And you think I'm in denial.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

So advice their supplement program contravined WADA policy came from a person within the club a few days before the ACC presser....:eek:

And you think I'm in denial.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Yep, denial is there for all to see.

Remember this:
You seem to need another party to be involved - is that a part of the denial that engulfs you?

Personally, & this is my own cynical conclusion, I question whether the AFL, after its confidential briefing a week earlier, whispered in Essendons ear, you are in the gun, get on the front foot ... if I'm right, does that make you feel better mxett?

You are the one who seems to need to know what set Essendon off, why they fessed up. What is the relevance of whether an external body or an internal process revealed the secret was about to go public. The press had been chasing the story, the Reimers interview was in the can ...

You are aware, unlikely given your history on facts, the ACC presser was brought forward after the Dons admissions at AFL House ...

Remember this:
You seem to need another party to be involved - is that a part of the denial that engulfs you?

Personally, & this is my own cynical conclusion, I question whether the AFL, after its confidential briefing a week earlier, whispered in Essendons ear, you are in the gun, get on the front foot ... if I'm right, does that make you feel better mxett?

You are the one who seems to need to know what set Essendon off, why they fessed up. What is the relevance of whether an external body or an internal process revealed the secret was about to go public. The press had been chasing the story, the Reimers interview was in the can ...

You are aware, unlikely given your history on facts, the ACC presser was brought forward after the Dons admissions at AFL House ...
I dont "need" an external party, I really couldn't care. But it's plainly what happened. The fact you are arguing it by suggesting Essendon staff suddenly came to the conclusion their own program (which had already ceased months before) breached WADA policy a few days before the ACC report is hysterical!

But keep going. Its very amusing

Yeah

Remember this:

Yeah no.

Those pressers take ages to set up and this one was well planned in advance.

This was just the kind of thing that was bound to be turn up with a full investigation. Now too find the payment that matchs the invoice.

Essendon had better hope they have some record of whom was given this stuff. But I suspect it was just this sort of thing that worried them when they called the presser.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Hird said at that presser that he was shocked by what was going on, was he lying?
It depends on how you follow the story.

The title of this thread is "Esendon uncover peptides invoice". There's an implication there that it was only just discovered - which would add to Hird's shock rather than discredit it.

Old Jimmy must be having quite the cardiac arrest. It's shock after shock around these parts.

When Hird said at that presser that he was shocked by what was going on, was he lying?
Shocked because he hadn't bargained on the ACC looking into Dank and dragging Essendon into the investigation.

I think he believed that Essendon could get away with doping because he knew that drug testing wouldn't show anything as the substances used were flushed from the body so quickly.

Shocked because he hadn't bargained on the ACC looking into Dank and dragging Essendon into the investigation.

I think he believed that Essendon could get away with doping because he knew that drug testing wouldn't show anything as the substances used were flushed from the body so quickly.
this is the same guy who wrote in emails clearly that supplements were only to go ahead if they were within the WADA code?

Essendon's season 2013 is quite literally a walking asterisk. No matter what they achieve it'll be tarnished.

Lets look at it from a non footy-head's perspective. Essendon have been implicated in all kinds of s**t over the stretch in terms of performance enhancing drugs etc.. Coaches and staff are shocked etc etc...then you sit back and watch a team who has been implicated in all this s**t, come out and win their first 5 games and are on fire...if you were a non footy head, would you be raising an eye brow? I mean, I get the feeling the plan is to play the "lets prevail under adversity", show that the club is united etc etc and with the media's help, in particular the footy media C7 and with the AFL driving the whole show, lets keep the "heroic" s**t going...but hey, when you use and have used performance enhancing s**t, you tend to enhance performance, from losing your last 5 or so games from the year before and then creaming it after the pre season. I mean, when did all this drug s**t come out? Whos to say they were not on it from day one of the pre season?

How do you "uncover" an invoice sent to you?
I "uncovered" my phone bill last week.
It was in the "bill" draw.
What draw would the peptide invoices go in?
The "shhh" draw.
The "whatever it takes draw"
How about the "please don't open" draw.
This is crap. They hired him. They let him run amok. They turned a blind eye and now they're caught and everything will be "uncovered""

Got to ask why thiis has been announced to the media by Essendon in the first place.

Geelong has just said they are clean and ASADA has already AUDITED them.

Let's assume that Essendon has already been audited and they know this will come out anyway. So Essendon leak the first bit to make it look like they are just as amazed as the rest of us. I'm guessing there are more invoices to come.

Got to ask why thiis has been announced to the media by Essendon in the first place.

Let's assume that Essendon has already been audited and they know this will come out anyway. So Essendon leak the first bit to make it look like they are just as amazed as the rest of us. I'm guessing there are more invoices to come.

It's standard crisis management technique. You leak out the bad news before releasing a report so that when the report is issued all bad news is old news and the positives are the only things left to focus on.

tipping that other letter that they can't "find" will make its dazzling appearance on cue too dude....Put out the "existence" of a letter. Then say we cant locate it. Then when and if the s**t is about to hit the fan, "oh look what we found"..;)

tipping that other letter that they can't "find" will make its dazzling appearance on cue too dude....Put out the "existence" of a letter. Then say we cant locate it. Then when and if the s**t is about to hit the fan, "oh look what we found"..;)
Ex-ASADA fella says it is unheard of to issue such letters anyway.

I am guessing the letter confirms it isn't expressly banned, but user still liable if found to be indirectly prohibited.

Ex-ASADA fella says it is unheard of to issue such letters anyway.

I am guessing the letter confirms it isn't expressly banned, but user still liable if found to be indirectly prohibited.

I ask this, why would Essendon come out and suggest the existence of a letter that they hadnt found? That is what has got me ****ed? I mean come on now, oh there is a letter that we cant find? Sheeeeesh...wouldnt you say there is a letter and here it is?

It's fair enough they're surprised to have found that invoice. I mean, honestly, if you can't trust your evidence destruction team to shred sh@t properly in the modern game, who can you trust?

Why I expressed similar surprise to the police the other week as to my discovery of a bloodied knife at home that I was quite certain I'd hurled into the Yarra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back