Rumour Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie is a free agent at the end of year

Word is he wants to play with very close mate Lindsay Thomas.

Can't see Lindsay going anywhere, which leaves one option open.

Personally I'd take him, guy can kick goals and gives us another x-factor

According to your solid source, we had been in discussions with Lindsay Gilbee, Steven Salopek and had all but signed Angus ****** Graham.

Same bloke?

We were in discussions with all, Angus Graham was our first choice as a back up ruck. Luckily for us Adelaide got him and we landed Currie.

As stated in that thread if Adelaide offered anything/more they were going to get him. They did.

I don't think I have stated anywhere here that we have had discussions with Eddie, but he is a free agent at the end of the year and would like to play footy with Lindsay. We are below the cap and would not be giving anything up as it is free agency.

I have seen Eddie at North games when Lindsay has a milestone game to support him.

I have seen Eddie at North games when Lindsay has a milestone game to support him.
Well that's excellent of Eddie, hopefully Lindsay returns the favor. But it's unlikely they'll play together until they're retired. Unless Eddie wants to come to North, which is unlikely given his contract situation, and we'd never, ever lose Lindsay.

The fact he is a free agent certainly makes it plausible. Would love him at North, but there isn't a big history of required players leaving their clubs in recent times.

Hey Guys,
Eddie is in contract negotiations with us at the moment, however that doesn't mean he isn't entertaining other offers. I'm pretty sure Eddie and Lindsay are cousins too. (not 100% sure though, just seem to remember reading it somewhere).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that's excellent of Eddie, hopefully Lindsay returns the favor. But it's unlikely they'll play together until they're retired. Unless Eddie wants to come to North, which is unlikely given his contract situation, and we'd never, ever lose Lindsay.

I was just stating from what I have seen, as I had seen Eddie at the game

Why wouldn't Eddie want to come to North?

The fact he is a free agent certainly makes it plausible. Would love him at North, but there isn't a big history of required players leaving their clubs in recent times.

There isn't a big history of free agency. It's been going for one pre-season/trade period. Not sure we can assume any trends just yet.

Either way I'd be looking at getting another indigenous player onto the list at the end of this year, not really sure if there are any floating around, but Port Adelaide (Wingard & Neade) have showed how damaging the combination of speed and pace around the forward line can be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back