Preview AFL Round 8 - Collingwood v Geelong, MCG, 7:40PM Saturday 18 May

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what is going on with Collingwood, I really respect them and they have a few players that are top class. Their form is poor, however, the transition to Buckley has caused more problems than I expected.

They are going to be absolutely fanatically at the ball but maybe they will lack the system to beat a top class side at the moment.

They are the only side with more than 3 wins over us over the last 6 years but we still dominate the head to head.

In: Burbury Caddy

Out: Kelly Hunt

Anyone else doing the double-header? Was going to be at Flemington but happy to see us do the daily double over this lot. :)

Been a while since I've seen Victoria Park, to think we could have had our own version of the stripped-back de-commissioned suburban ground not so long ago..
Love the idea of trying Burbury, he really impresses me. Is he a rookie, requiring elevation?

Love the idea of trying Burbury, he really impresses me. Is he a rookie, requiring elevation?

Certainly is.
But I am not clear on how many games rookies can play these days. I think that they recently changed the rule.

Certainly is.
But I am not clear on how many games rookies can play these days. I think that they recently changed the rule.
Love Burbs, but he is 1 game back from a foot stress fracture so will need more time to get match fitness up.

Will play at some point though, is very talented and got a little X-Factor as well.

Our rookies are bloody good and I would argue that Walker, Burbs and Blicavs will all be promoted at various intervals. Was actually surprised we promoted Stringer this year.

Still don't think Kel will get suspended by I seem to be the only one......only change for me is Chappy in for Hunt.

Looking at last nights game Walters and Balantyne caused a few headaches and I reckon George could do the same.

4-3 might be different but 7-0 surely gives us a bit of scope to experiment, not that I think we'd lose much if anything and the potential gain is huge.

Wouldn't mind seeing Kersten get a run either..

Love Burbs, but he is 1 game back from a foot stress fracture so will need more time to get match fitness up.

Will play at some point though, is very talented and got a little X-Factor as well.

Our rookies are bloody good and I would argue that Walker, Burbs and Blicavs will all be promoted at various intervals. Was actually surprised we promoted Stringer this year.

You have failed to mention Cam Eardley. He has won the affections of a few here.

There will be some difficult decisions to be made at season's end with regard to rookies.

I don't envy those who have to make those decisions.

Yes, Burbury would need to be elevated. Supposed to be rookie listed until the end of this year but guess that won't be the case anymore if he does play.

Would love to give one or two youngsters a go, problem is lots of them are in contention for a spot. Who exactly do we give a game? Burbury, Eardley, Kersten, Caddy, maybe Vardy and Stringer are all in line for one. That's a difficult choice the MC have.

Personally would love to see Kersten play but honestly think we're more likely to see him if Hawkins is rested in the coming weeks, which probably should happen around the GC/GWS games considering he still appears to be carrying a slight back injury. Hawk + Pods are already doing enough of the work inside our F50, so feel as though we could be overloading in attack with Kersten in there too.

Doubt we'll see J.Hunt play this week TBH. Not in any hurry to rush him back plus it's probably better if he continues to consolidate his fitness/form in the VFL.

What about the Eardley push on this board for elevation? :)

As has been said, it is highly unlikely Burbs would be played following one game after such a significant injury. If Stringer is fit you'd think he would be in the mix to replace Hunt. Either him or Caddy.

That's assuming that Kel feels the wrath of the MRP and Chappy comes in for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about the Eardley push on this board for elevation? :)

As has been said, it is highly unlikely Burbs would be played following one game after such a significant injury. If Stringer is fit you'd think he would be in the mix to replace Hunt. Either him or Caddy.

That's assuming that Kel feels the wrath of the MRP and Chappy comes in for him.

If Corey and Chapman are fit, and if there are no other undisclosed injuries, I cannot see anything other than those two coming in for Hunt and for Kelly (if out) or Shroder.
I simply cannot see why we would be bringing in anybody else for this game, be it Caddy, Stringer, Kersten, Burbury, Eardley or anyone else.

If Corey and Chapman are fit, and if there are no other undisclosed injuries, I cannot see anything other than those two coming in for Hunt and for Kelly (if out) or Shroder.
I simply cannot see why we would be bringing in anybody else for this game, be it Caddy, Stringer, Kersten, Burbury, Eardley or anyone else.

No-one saw us playing Thurlow Friday night and look how that turned out.

Much rather see the kids given a go in these big games rather than GC or GWS or TD.

I'd play Burbury here, then give Eardley the job on Boak the following week.

No-one saw us playing Thurlow Friday night and look how that turned out.

Much rather see the kids given a go in these big games rather than GC or GWS or TD.

I'd play Burbury here, then give Eardley the job on Boak the following week.

Nobody saw Thurlow coming in because we didn't know Corey was injured, or that Chapman would miss again.
As I said, things change if Corey and/or Chapman and/or someone else is unfit.
Anyway, we'll know about Burbury or Eardley in a day or two, because they'll have to be formally upgraded to play.

Certainly an option. We'd lose some leg speed if they're the replacements for Hunt and Kel though.

Would love to see Harry take Cloke to the cleaners again. Since Harry arrived at the club, Cloke has only kicked 17 goals in 11 games against us, including 4 games when Harry's kept Cloke goalless.
Not be be contrary, but didn't Cloke dominate Harry in the 2011 GF until Lonergan took over?
Cloke is in pretty good form at the moment, but I think we have enough options to manage him.

Not be be contrary, but didn't Cloke dominate Harry in the 2011 GF until Lonergan took over?
Cloke is in pretty good form at the moment, but I think we have enough options to manage him.
Pods would be the man for Cloke.

Pods would be the man for Cloke.
Now that there's no Dawes, I'd be inclined to suggest Lonergan gets first run at Cloke. If he gets off the chain THEN consider Podsiadly, however Taylor should probably be kept away from him as it removes a lot of that creative play out of defensive 50... and Taylor has had high-profile struggles containing Cloke in the past.

He might miss this week for his punch to the marbles of Ballantyne...

If he'd clocked the toxic garden gnome like Scarlett he should have got a tickertape parade down Swanston Street. As it is he should get an MRP rest, like Scarlett.

Someone is going to do Ballantyne some serious damge if he keeps his crap up.

If he'd clocked the toxic garden gnome like Scarlett he should have got a tickertape parade down Swanston Street. As it is he should get an MRP rest, like Scarlett.

Someone is going to do Ballantyne some serious damge if he keeps his crap up.
Some big unit playing for a club out of finals contention/last season is going to go all Alastair Lynch on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back